Skip navigation

NEC 2011 November 11th,12th,13th!!

Back to the top

NEC 2011 November 11th,12th,13th!!

Banner

Back to the top
An excellent day today, excellent work done by the set up guys, stand was looking top notch as per usual standards.

Well done all, bring on tomorrow.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

Nice to meet you guys today great day out, ended up missing Top Gear Live cus of talking to too many folks :redfaced:

83 SILVER GOLF GTI CAMPAIGN
71 IVORY WHITE EARLY BAY WESTY
98 WHITE CADDY VAN 

Back to the top

Re: NEW MEMBER

wozvdub said

Nice to meet you guys today great day out, ended up missing Top Gear Live cus of talking to too many folks :redfaced:

It was because you were over excited at being a paid member !!  :rockon:

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Lucky enough to have my car on the stand this year and my highlight today had to be talking to a guy who had got one identical to mine and had owned it from new. he said it was his love of the MK1 GTI which had inspired him to the VAG group of cars and last year he bought an ex works audi quatrro rally car S1 as used by Michele Moulon from the eighties. Lucky git!!

If you're too young to remember these cars…….they changed rallying for ever!

Gotta be one for my dream garage!

Back to the top
I was there on Friday with a few friends it was the first hall we went into at 10AM. we were looking aruond the Golfs on the stand Good collection and at the wall but I've got to say it the members running the stand at that time were in a group talking didn't approach us. One of my friends went to approach and it appeared the member turn away, sorry guys but my friend didn't think you were approachable, weather you were still setting I don't know.  :|  :redfaced:

In another hall there was a Mk1 Golf on a stand and the guy who owned the car was couldn't wait to tell us about it telingl us it was £750 E-bay sale and he'd done lots of work to the car to get it ready for the show.

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
hi jacob

sorry to here that mate i think at that time we were still getting a little set up for things and having a little catch up so please accept my apologies for that

Today have been crazy busy and my voice is killing i've never spoken to so many people

at one point couldn't move on the stand so many people were on it

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

hi jacob

sorry to here that mate i think at that time we were still getting a little set up for things and having a little catch up so please accept my apologies for that

Today have been crazy busy and my voice is killing i've never spoken to so many people

at one point couldn't move on the stand so many people were on it

ill bring you a pack of tunes to suck on  :wink:  see you tomorrow
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I'll be there tommorow too.It will be good to catch up with everyone. :D

Back to the top
bert did anyone ring you about you motor

loads of people were asking about it and some were very interested

Banner

Back to the top
ye had 5 calls,some coming tomorrow with a bag of cash i hope  :lol:  you there tom?
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
yea mate i'll be there

gonna get there early doors and have a look around while it's empty again

it was rammed all day so didn't leave the stand much really

Banner

Back to the top
If you see a man on a crutch early doors looking for a full English then shout !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
weatherspoons for breakfast for me :)

also mate the closest car park to our hall is N1

then it;s only a short walk to our stand which is in the corner of hall 6

Banner

Back to the top
Hi guys just wanted to say i thought the stand looked great yesterday and well done on the membership sales.

jacob strange to hear yourself and friends were not approached on the friday and talked too by the guys. As they said i would imagine they were still manic discussing the setting up etc etc

but putting the feedback up is always helpfull

bert i rekon you will def stell the citi , there were loads of people looking at it, and it looks mint!

cheers all

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Just got back home today so unable to visit the NEC
Show this year.
Well done to all involved on the Club Stand, from the pictures it looks 'The Business'.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Best wishes.       kaykay3

Back to the top
Guys n gals on the stand - excellent job today - and thanks for letting me sit down with my bad ankle !!

Great to catch up with some Mk1 Owner Club friends today - really enjoyed the show, even though I could only manage a small amount of walking today.

I have hosted my photos in our gallery :-)
http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…2/main.php?g2_itemId=4692

I would love to add some more from all you happy snappers over the weekend - so post your best pics up here and I will add them to the gallery so that we can keep then forever !!!

It was particulary pleasing to see 3 immaculate tin tops to 1 cabby on the stand today - although the cabby was stunning :-)

I hope you enjoy the pics.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
An excellent three days of the show !!! great to see lot more members, will get my pics up very soon.

Bring on next year with a very good idea from Anna !!!! its under disscussion and wraps for now !!

Briiliant job all round for the show and our committee thats why were the best club in the world !!

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Just wanted to say what an excellent turnout for the show.

The cars got the interest they deserved and the stand looked great.

Everyone worked really hard and a big thank you for making Elv really feel part of it too, he had a great time.

Thanks to everyone who came to see us on the stand too.

Annax

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

nec 2011

The stand looked great and the cars even better. Thanks for letting us
rest our weary legs and our goody bag. Good to see everyone Well Done :lol:

Mark one golf gti cabby - SOLD
Mark five golf gttdi sport
Toyota hiace van!!!!
Splitty ;0)

Quality is worth every penny………………………..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.