Skip navigation

My new ride...... 16500 original miles.... a lucky find....

Back to the top

My new ride...... 16500 original miles.... a lucky find....

That looks stunning!

I see you're not far from me, I'm in Burnham, t'other side of Maldon.

Back to the top

S1_RS said

That looks stunning!

I see you're not far from me, I'm in Burnham, t'other side of Maldon.

Thanks  :)

Aha, darkest Dengie  :lol:

Back to the top
Lovely Car man,  Where was it advertised just out of interest.

Thanks

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Lovely Car man,  Where was it advertised just out of interest.

Thanks

Cheers  :)

I spotted it in the Clasic Car Weekly paper. I quite like the classic car scene aswell as the VW and custom car shows.

Back to the top
Cool man is that the classic car for sale or car and classic website

Are your plans to keep it original or modify it

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Frosty66 said

JS1500 said

WOW.

I'd be scared to put any miles on it!

Here's to another 35 years!

Thankyou  :)

It is a dimlemma  :wink:  I really love cruising around in it and being immersed in it's 70's-ness , but at the same time I'm aware that heavy useage will devalue it??? I reckon it'll be just for best hey mate?  :)  Fortunately I have a custom split screen and a 'daily' Fox so I don't have to abuse the Golf  :)

Yeah, just drive it as intended but not in bad weather or on newly surfaced roads, haha!
A few more miles won't hurt at all.

Oh, and careful where you park it! :lol:

Currently:

2003 Audi S3 (BAM) - Custom-Code Phase 1, Pipercross panel, Autobahn88 TIP, Forge 007p, Bilstein B8s & H&R springs, Brembo Max Grooved discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads and much more…FOR SALE!

1975 MG Midget 1500 - Stage Two+

Back to the top
Yeah, nice car mate, a blank canvas for the numerous modification options open to you.  :D Still, i look forward to seeing it at some shows next year, driven and not trailered i hope. Having a car and towing it on a trailer is like having a dog and carrying it in a handbag  :dontknow:

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top
Whoa!! what a car!!!!

Where was the first picture taken?

irish green 1983 mk1

Back to the top

enomek said

Whoa!! what a car!!!!

Thanks mate.

The first couple of photo's were taken at a local 'grafitti wall' in Chelmsford.

Back to the top
Thought so!

Love the car, are you the frosty with the shortened splitty?

irish green 1983 mk1

Back to the top

enomek said

Thought so!

Love the car, are you the frosty with the shortened splitty?

Spooky  :wink:  I've just put a couple of photo's of the little split on the 'other cars and projects' forum  :)

Back to the top
i saw this at the show looks amazing, i bet you stoked on it :)

Back to the top

MitchRD said

i saw this at the show looks amazing, i bet you stoked on it :)

Cheers  :)  Not many noticed it as it's not customised or anything. I was next to a full on show Golf with an amzingly detailed engine so most people wer drawn to that instead  :wink:

Did you enjoy the show? We were pretty lucky with the weather  :)

Back to the top
Ah well I got a few photos of yours :) show standard isnt always the best. The flaws in a car make it an individual such as my driver is slightly ratty atm. I did enjoy the show it gave me ideas on what to do to my car over the next few years :) yeah we were lucky for a dry day even if it was a bit chilly :P I look forward to seeing your LS at the next few shows I go to

Back to the top
I had a good look round this ,VERY NICE  :clap:  looks like it was one of the first  cars with the none swallowtail rear panel as quite a few parts differed to my old  77 plate . Think alot of these parts were swallowtail fitment eg scuttle rain tray , front washer jet . Loved the rear washer jet never seen one like that before . Can't be many more MK1's as good as this going to appear out of the woodwork though :cry:

Mick

Back to the top

MK1MATHERS said

I had a good look round this ,VERY NICE  :clap:  looks like it was one of the first  cars with the none swallowtail rear panel as quite a few parts differed to my old  77 plate . Think alot of these parts were swallowtail fitment eg scuttle rain tray , front washer jet . Loved the rear washer jet never seen one like that before . Can't be many more MK1's as good as this going to appear out of the woodwork though :cry:

Mick

Thanks Mick.

That rear washer jet certainly looks odd  :wink:  Not sure if that's original, what do you think?

Back to the top

Frosty66 said

enomek said

Whoa!! what a car!!!!

Thanks mate.

The first couple of photo's were taken at a local 'grafitti wall' in Chelmsford.

Looks like Wharf Road car park, I used to park in there daily when I worked in Chelmo, my Volvo shows up in Streetmap in there!

Back to the top

S1_RS said

Frosty66 said

enomek said

Whoa!! what a car!!!!

Thanks mate.

Looks like Wharf Road car park, I used to park in there daily when I worked in Chelmo, my Volvo shows up in Streetmap in there!

That's the place  :)

Back to the top
Great timewarp car!!

Congrats!

Looks like your rear wiper and washer are retrofit. The wiper/washer look too central and washer nozzle different. Take a look inside the tailgate to confirm also. You should also have the switch located in the blanking plate on bottom side of dash rather than in the cluster.

Pic of my 76 with factory wiper/washer

and switch location (you can just see under wiper column switch)

Banner

Back to the top
Oh yeah, mine's deffinately quite a bit different to that. Thanks for posting detail the photo's of yours   :)

I've checked on the original bill of sale from the main dealer and the fitting of the rear wash/wipe is listed on there amongst the extras. I'm guessing the dealers fitted different ones to the factory?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.