Skip navigation

German Road Trip

Back to the top

German Road Trip

"arf333" said

Also anyone know whether petrol in Germany is as expensive as it is here ??

Scott

Back to the top
I meant to add also the prices on the hotels are per room, so if it's a double\family room its still around £30-£35. So if your planning on sharing I will need to know on the plus side it makes things cheaper too.

Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
count me in dave, one room for me and the wife
also ferry price is for both ways, hotel room is 2 adults,one child under 12

don't forget the cheap booze for xmas

haydn

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top

road trip

count me in at any price this is the holiday i want.just one thing is there secure parking
would hate to take her home and something happen.

Back to the top
When I look into securing hotel numbers I will enquire as to parking security, or we could hire a GSD, right place for them.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Nice work Dave seem to have it covered seems very reasonable too :D just could do with some dates so the Mrs can look at booking it at her works.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Looking at either Sun 26th Aug for 4 days or 2nd September again for 4 days, because sundays are the best days to travel in europe.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
So were talking about leaving Sunday morning and getting back sometime wednesday ?

Either date is fine with me dave, if we go august 26th the Monday will be bank holiday won't it? So that's 1 less holiday to use at work :D

But like I said I'm ok with either week

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
No, leaving sunday and making our way back on the Thursday.

That way the plan is…….

Sunday travel to Hotel that is near Wolfsburg
Monday TBA either the museum or sights
Tuesday factory tour
Wednesday TBA Sights or Museum
Thursday travel back

With the travel there/back its planned that its not all motorway we'll go for the country route after Bocum/Essen but that has to be planned as yet because i need to sort out how many of us there are with a support vehicle.

I'm still waiting on the German tourist board info to arrive, because its hoped that with the amount of MK1's they will wet themselfs at the sight.

So come on show your interest.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
This might be useful for people, breakdown cover in europe ADAC Mitgliedschaft | Immer mit einem guten Gefühl unterwegs

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

James_W said

This might be useful for people, breakdown cover in europe ADAC Mitgliedschaft | Immer mit einem guten Gefühl unterwegs

Thanks for the info, i'm hoping that most will have said cover beforehand but thats useful info cheers.

Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Here is some info on the trip my secretary has found for you to look at……

http://www.autostadt.de/en/visitor-information/prices/

When i have a mo i will contact them to see if there is a reduced rate for us and secure parking.

Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
What is the ferry route? Or do you have a provisional route/map selected?

I am back to work week of 26th August  :banghead: but I'll see if I can swing it  :wink:

Bare in mind I'd have another ferry to catch…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Im up for this but 4 days doing sight seeing seems a bit long?

I get bored EASY lol

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
If it helps? thou i can not go with you next year family commitments and all.
It does help if you find a rough price of everything for all types of owners i.e. some earn more than others, some have kids etc etc, so it be a reasonable pricing system for all.
I have just come back from germany just not last week, staying dachau and munich for week for martial arts seminars thou not with the mk1 boo hoo, my 1st time on a flight, was slight worried, but loved it, nothing like driving thou.
Anyways i have been twice to wolfsburg without and with my wife and kids.
I didn't drive all in one to be safe as i knew i would be shattered and not safe really.
Take ferry from dover to dunkerque approx £120-40 return, drove to belgium and stayed in the lappersfort b&b run by a nice family which is a really nice olde building, you can park cars directly in front of the building even thou a small road in between, it is peaceful and no harm will come to your beloved mk1's.
With wife and kids it as 50 euro for night inc breakfast, but don't expect a big english breakie lol.
Then approx 7am next morning set off cruising speed that being to me 60-70 to hannover.
As i learnt year before staying in wolfsburg is dearer and hannover is roughly 15 minutes drive to the autostadt and works out cheaper.
If your taking kids, get them to do the german driving test at the autostadt, they will love it doing theory and driving litte bugs on a track designed like german layout roads with lights etc, this is free and give you and you missus some time to yourself or stay with them and take pics as we did.
Also whilst your there, book in advance the 4x4 track on other side of the river.
You will drive both the toureg and tiguan, the guide will drive you and you will then drive the course which is pretty cool.
It is a selling tactic and the guide will show you all the gadgets of the motors has your driving about.
The guide was really nice and a laugh, he let me floor it when i asked lol and took the kids and us on other track throu the conrete tunnel showing the capabilities of the axles on the 4x4's virtually car on the sides, was good.
Anyway put aside approx 4-5 hours for the autostadt as it is big, lots to see plus relax in it's surroundings.
I'd love to go again as first time in one of the main halls it was the bentley as the main show, not my taste, next year was the chrome veyron which looked awesome in the lighting they had put up.
Oh yeah it isn't chrome, it's the effect of the paint, but either way a cracking looking motor.
Safe journey guys & Gals

Back to the top
I would have loved to join in with this but hubby has set holidays - last week in July,first 2 weeks of August then last week in September.
Would be a dream trip in the spitty too.
Sounds like it will be fab.

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Ok Dave, put Sharon and myself down for this.
Might take the Rocco though :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I'm very tempted by this.

Depending on what date is picked might stop off at the Belgian Grand Prix on the way back or meet up after the Grand Prix as its on the 2nd Sept and not far off the route.

Back to the top
Oooohhhh fitting Spa in as well :-)
Always looks a nightmare to drive in though !!!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Ok the peeps i am still looking for number, i know i said this will close at the end if December purely for numbers and booking reasons, as for the date it is the 26th Aug 2012, which is a sunday and the best day to travel in Europe.

Details of pricing are in the thread rough i may add but they shouldnt vary too much, route and details will follow, i just need to get it on with my sec Hayden.

Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.