Skip navigation

Help please - Good camera £200 or there abouts

Back to the top

Help please - Good camera £200 or there abouts

Kinda true there Ceri, but it have the capabilities to go to a lower aperture…even in auto…so you could fluke some nice shallow DOF.

Anyhooo, out of those 2…on the left….more zoom and manual feature…on the right…more compact.  Brand…not one I'd usually buy, but I have heard good reports of their cameras, particularly in the video department

Back to the top

paul_c said

geejah said

paul_c said

Apart from the above vague advice, can't really offer a specific recommendation. I have a Sony, but its about 10 years old now (and still working fine and can outshoot many newer cameras).

Bit insulted there in all honesty Paul

EDIT!!

SORRY PAUL!!!l  I read that as the advice we'd all given was vague!!!  No longer insulted :banghead: lol

No, just my advice is vague because I've not bought a camera for a LONG time! Not needed to!!!! I spent £1000 on a camera 10 years ago and its still working nicely etc. Just could do with a bigger memory card now.

Ha, I get it now I sat down n read it rather than read it between jobs!!!

Back to the top
Before you decide on a camera I would HIGHLY recommend popping along to your local jessops (or similar) and have a look and feel of the cameras.

When I went to my local jessops a while ago they let me try a few of the cameras out and take some pics with them.

A few cameras I looked at online I quickly dismissed once I had a play about with them in store.

Back to the top
I have a TZ20, superb point and shoot camera with 16x Optical zoom.

James my TZ7 is up for sale, just not got around to putting it on eBay yet. PM if you are interested mate. It's what I took all the AGM pics with :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks for everyones advice and help.  I think we will be joining Ade in the TZ20 ownership.  Thanks very much all… love this forum for peoples help on absolutely anything  :wink:

Back to the top
Spud have you bought the TZ20 yet?

Back to the top
Yep the DMC-TZ20 is a nice camera.

I bought the wife one and it produces some nice results and the video is clear.

I use a Canon 350d and a 600d. Great cameras but for everyday use they are bulky, the panasonic is handy to have and fits in your pocket.

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
Ive got hold of a Panasonic DMC-TZ20 which is brand new with everything apart from the box.

£100 if anyone is interested

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Spud have you bought the TZ20 yet?

No mate we are going to buy it from Amazon…. just saw your post.  PM'd bud

Back to the top
I've got a Fuji s8000 bridge camera ie offering lots of benefits of DSLR but also very good point and shoot. Mega zoom and wide angle. I always used to have SLR cameras when film was the only option, but honestly can't fault the fuji. It's a few years old now and has been replaced most recently by the HS20 with higher megapixel and even better zoom, with full HD movie mode. All for just under £300 and getting cheaper. It's horses for courses, but unless your're seriously into photography thesedays a bridge camera is a fantastic option.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.