Skip navigation

1983 5 door 1.1 formel E resto and engine swap!

Back to the top

1983 5 door 1.1 formel E resto and engine swap!

Picked some 100mm shafts and hubs up tonight so theyve now got all the mechanical bits they need to do the swap.

Il pop down Friday and see if there's any progress

Mat

Back to the top
Great work and thread :D

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
drove past this at weekend, lookin good dude! parked outside a garage on a corner i think? lol

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Perhaps not unless you were in Sheffield mate

But thanks
Mat

Back to the top
Collected a MINT late mk2 gti interior on my way to work today, front seats drop straight in, rears are gonna be donors and be used to retrim mk1 seat.

Hit the first of many problems, the 02j box I have has 108 mm drive flanges on it, not 100mm as I need. Does anyone have any ideas what box I need to take the flanges off that will fit my box but are 100mm??

Mat

Back to the top
lol, yeah i was in shef! 2 and 2 together lol

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
yeah it was probably mine then lol

new seats

still need some 100mm drive flanges

mat

Back to the top
well i picked up a centre console from a mk2 gti today so that should finish the interior off nicely when its done

also does anyone know if the gearbox from a mk2 16v gti has the correct 100mm drive flanges to swap into a 02j box?

mat

Back to the top
just sold the old 1.1 so thats a few more quid back in the kitty.

ive spoken with the garage today and there hoping to have the mount moved and the engine sat in towards the end of the week

mat

Back to the top
Been in touch with the garage today and the engine is sat in!! just the hard stuff left to do now lol.

And for anyone thinking of converting a small block to a big block the mounts ARE different despite what some internet based numpties will have you believe. yes you can use the small block mount, but its pikey!

mat

Back to the top
been down and had a look today, got my 280mm brakes and offered them up and they look mahoosive!!!! not even sure if there gonna go behind the wheels

theyve been busy fitting new pedal box and the such, waiting on a couple of bits for the engine then it can go back in for good. then the hard bit starts  

mat

Back to the top
Engine is now in forever with new cambelt waterpump etc. looks like it should be there!!

Don't get much sump clearance do you  :-/

Pics to follow

Mat

Back to the top

not even a pop can worth of clearance

ignore the oil, the filter was off and its just what ran down

mat
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.