Skip navigation

1.3 driver rookie project , cabby doors now welded

Back to the top

1.3 driver rookie project , cabby doors now welded

I look forward to seeing more pics :) Jazz Blue, thats a MK4 golf colour yeah? I loved that colour on the MK4's!

Back to the top
Clever idea with the door! :D Would certianly be easier finding rust free cabby doors and welding the frame on instead of trying to find rust free tintop doors! 8)

Back to the top
Umm how much for the Smashed TT?? hehe if the grill wasn't for sale..hehe

Back to the top
yeah its the mk4 colour it looks flat but has loads of flake and hahaha the tt is gone now my dad was taking the bam engine out for his mk2 it was a cat b and we salvaged everything we could and scrapped the shell

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top

projectdriver said

yeah its the mk4 colour it looks flat but has loads of flake and hahaha the tt is gone now my dad was taking the bam engine out for his mk2 it was a cat b and we salvaged everything we could and scrapped the shell
Should of Bam'ed this and used the drivetrain as well… 225 4x4 standard mk1 golf…defo the way to go.. hehe

Back to the top
hahaha yeah but then i can't have it as my first car but i might up the engine to a 1.6 because i have done my research and the cheaper insurance is on a 1.6

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top

projectdriver said

hahaha yeah but then i can't have it as my first car but i might up the engine to a 1.6 because i have done my research and the cheaper insurance is on a 1.6
Charged or Blown???hehe For the first keep it simple… But one big word of advice you can always upgrade the engine but if the chassis fails its all gone…. Get the Shell minted and prepped at this stage now… and it will last for many years to come when you decide that your pockets can cope with the extra power… Goodluck matey…

Back to the top
Also before you hit the paint i can mock up on photoshop any ideas you might have untill you have you final design… Will save you in the end and you will get the car to look right… i.e
from this:

To this:

To this:

Back to the top
love the last picture,id love a wide arch track golf  8)

Back to the top
can you photocopy a mk1 in vw mk4 jazz blue slammed on cabby now drops if its not too much hastle :)

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top

projectdriver said

can you photocopy a mk1 in vw mk4 jazz blue slammed on cabby now drops if its not too much hastle :)

Mk1 golf with Jazz blue paint. ok
wheels?ok
how low?ok

Done!!

Back to the top
looks mint cheers :) will have some lower profile tires on if i actually get those wheels

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top

projectdriver said

looks mint cheers :) will have some lower profile tires on if i actually get those wheels
no probs matey..

Back to the top

got new wheels

got 4 months to go until the deadline  and still loads of body work not been putting up many pictures because i lost my phone leas but  have brought a set of 13" alley cats off ebay

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
been trying to get the most i can done over winter its been abit tricky with the car being outside and the british weather how it is but over the winter i have managed to get some of the underside done when i was removing the rear axel all four of the studs sheered which was a bit of a pain so to replace those i had to drill them out and re tap the threads then after some digging the driver side rear chassis pannel was rotten so that was off and replaced and i have just been gradually undersealing and plating when the wether is right but the underside is now back together all repaired and undersealed with the galvanised and polybushed axel shot blasted tank and polished tank straps here are some photos if anyone needs any pictures of the chassis studs give me a shout

brought myself a cheap set of coileys

rear disk convertion

this is the decided colour maybe not to everyones tastes i was going to go helious blue of jazz but this colour is just right

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
Sadly the project continues no more money being the main issue but my daily mk2 having some work done is also one of the resons whole car is up for breaking pm for parts

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
What a shame. Some good and interesting work carried out. GLWS.

Current MK1 rebuild elapsed time - 15 years and counting…
Is it normal to clean and paint bits of your car that will never be seen?
Not-so-new addition - 1996 MK1 Citi Golf (off the road for 4 years… and counting)

Back to the top
Would you be up for selling it? I may buy it for the right price, sad to here it's not being continued, but I will! What's it looking like at the moment?

DavidRouth - "But my passion is cars. It's what I like to do in my off time. "

Back to the top
The car will be being broken so to have it rolling it will have the original axel and wishbones  i will get some pictures up as soon as possible for you to see

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
https://plus.google.com/photos/104662012706652735211/albums/5640100428973380145?authkey=CP3utM_kiLDZeg  whole car breaking got pretty much everything ask for prices.galvanised
 parts are sold and fuel tank  car is a rolling shell

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.