Skip navigation

1.3 driver rookie project , cabby doors now welded

Back to the top

1.3 driver rookie project , cabby doors now welded

okay so my names rob im new to this site and this is my first car im 16 and i have a rat got it for £350 the shell is pretty solid but the drain holes have rusted through and it has gone in the usual places drain hole in the spare wheel well and tailgate also near side door has a hole in the bottom corner the car needs a respray as the last guy decided to do some prep with an angle grider and then sprayed the rear quater black and he painted the car white himself by the look of it overspray on everything the good thing is its solid has allot of service history and is 100% original nothing after market atall original wipers still on the car all on my facebook i dont really know how to load pics on here :/ http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150329118496703.388955.571106702&type=1

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
link doesnt work mate sign up to photobucket and do your pics through there

Back to the top
You need to give the public link right t the bottom of the page ;)

Look forward to seeing pics! Lucky boy having a project ready for when you learn and pass your test!  :)

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
to post pictures individually you need to click on the

Back to the top

Back to the top
Cheers for that ill get the hang of it when i get some progress

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
looks like you have got your work cut out good luck  :)

Back to the top
Been poking around all day rust hole along the bottom of the bench and the back passenger side arch is rotten  heater matrix has a leak and important swapping the engine out because the current engine hasn't been run in years and is all coked up

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
need a set of doors a tailgate and set of wings if anyone has any for sale message me a price

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
stripped out the interier and started to repair the bodywork there is only a few rust holes drainage spare wheel bench and rear arch , should be easy to repair im starting to strip down the pant and just waiting for my pierburg twin choke carb to arrive so i can start her up pull the lump out and give it a fresh coat of life :)

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
Would you be willing to sell that driver grill badge aha?
Cheers,
 Jack

1983 Driver.

Back to the top
Think im keeping it original so i can't mate i think there quite sort after swell

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
Been trying trying to start her all day but no go it has no spark i think the distributor is to blame gotta try and replace it but i can't find any for a 1.3 driver :/ parts really are hard to come by on these

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
Nice project, pm me a list of engine parts you need. Mines been converted to Polo GT power: http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=87340

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top
got her running finally, the points where out after a quick tweek she was purring first time in about 5 years haha , engine is out on sunday and she is gonna get a good clean should get some ideas of what im doing after edition on sat but from now its on with the body work

lower bench rot

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
Got most the external parts sorted out got myself a complete set of chrome side trims for 30 quid a new set of numberplate lights genuine Hellas and a set of front headlights for a tenner all at edition 38 jumble such a bargain pictures up tomorrow when i get the engine out . if you want to see the edition pics there up on the photobucket link

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof

Back to the top
Got most the external parts sorted out got myself a complete set of chrome side trims for 30 quid a new set of numberplate lights genuine Hellas and a set of front headlights for a tenner all at edition 38 jumble such a bargain pictures up tomorrow when i get the engine out . if you want to see the edition pics there up on the photobucket link

golf mk1 driver project

non sunroof
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.