Skip navigation

Photography.. New Camera Help!!

Back to the top

Photography.. New Camera Help!!

Nice pics guys! I have always had Canon.... I am recently retired from pro photography, weddings and live bands a speciality....but i still take snaps all the time. My back up camera is a camera from the States, Rebel XT Canon, and a 20D for pro stuff. Had it years, but its brilliant, and large format stuff is crystal. I have large canvasses on my walls of waterfalls and fast running rivers in Scotland...i love the dreamy effect from slow shutter speeds.. Keep up the good work!

MrsCabrio :0)
Daily: Golf Mk I Karmann Clipper auto '90 in Alpine White with Webber carb, white alloys and Club air freshener

Back to the top

MrsCabrio said

Nice pics guys! I have always had Canon…. I am recently retired from pro photography, weddings and live bands a speciality….but i still take snaps all the time. My back up camera is a camera from the States, Rebel XT Canon, and a 20D for pro stuff. Had it years, but its brilliant, and large format stuff is crystal. I have large canvasses on my walls of waterfalls and fast running rivers in Scotland…i love the dreamy effect from slow shutter speeds.. Keep up the good work!

This is good to know, please feel free to send me any tips on wedding photography, esp on poses   :wink:  x

Mk1 GTI Rivage Cabby Mk3 GTI Anniversary

Back to the top
If you need any tips, feel free! I will pm you my email address.... I have some pics on Facebook, my website has been gone a while now. I homeschool my daughter so thats why i gave up the public work, though i do do stuff for friends, or previous customers. Anything you want to know, feel free to ask!

MrsCabrio :0)
Daily: Golf Mk I Karmann Clipper auto '90 in Alpine White with Webber carb, white alloys and Club air freshener

Back to the top
Been a while since ive been out to do some photography due to a dodgy foot, so I went out earlier this week and took these pics less than 200 feet from my front door with my Panasonic micro four thirds camera.

Back to the top
very nice mate

been a while since i've used mine to be honest

but started back on my course last Tuesday so should be having it out more often

Did take this the other day, it's only a duck but nice late summer colours

went last week to take picture of my mates model spitfire in flight, tricky job

Banner

Back to the top
Nice pics guys... Matt is that the canon 550D you are still using?

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
yes mate it is, can't afford to upgrade atm really want a 5D but the mrs would kill me :)

Banner

Back to the top
Ive been looking to get a 7D but unsure if im going to stay with Canon or buy another brand

Back to the top
the only other brand in a SLR is nikon really, and i don't really like the the menu set up and interface

what you thinking of going for mate?

Banner

Back to the top
Well i was looking at a few Nikons but i keep going back to the Canons to be honest.

Back to the top
I recently brought myself a D3100. I'm the opposite to most of you, I just liked the feel of the Nikkon range over the Cannons.
It's ideal for begginers, as it has a guide mode built in, I don't tend to use it though.

I feel all the fun in DSLRS is just experimenting, it's all trial and error if you ask me. I can share some photo's if you like.

I have around 1000 from out here in Afghanistan.
I'll pop some up when I'm home and have decent internet.

Jam!!

Back to the top
The D3100 is a good camera, my mate has one and loves it.

Yeah pop some pics up.

Back to the top
any more shots guys?

Banner

Back to the top
I'm an avid photographer and have recently launched a Photography and design company.

I've got a Canon 7d (quality all round camera)
Canon 450d (back-up and sentimental)

Then kit wise i've got

Canon 55-250mm (cheap and cheerful zoom)
Canon 300mm F4L prime lens (superduper wildlife lens)
Canon 17-55 f2.8 Usm (ultimate efs mount lens for car photography, pricey but worth it!)
Canon 50mm F1.8 Prime (great budget lens)
Canon 60mm Macro (not amazing but good for nature walks)

and 580exii (amazing flash!)

Here's a few of my "just for fun" snaps

Sams pics

edit: if anyone wants any pointers as to what to buy on a certain budget, or help with any issues. Feel free to drop me a PM and I'll give you my opinion for what its worth!  :D

Back to the top
All really nice photos guys.

Sam - had a look at your pics - love the photos of the otter - absolute quality! Had a wee look at your website as well - good luck with the new company.

Looking to upgrade my old Canon so will possible be asking you guys advice - nice to know that there are so many talented and knowledgable people on here that I can pester for advice  :D

Golf GLS 1980

Back to the top

runnin-idle said

All really nice photos guys.

Sam - had a look at your pics - love the photos of the otter - absolute quality! Had a wee look at your website as well - good luck with the new company.

Looking to upgrade my old Canon so will possible be asking you guys advice - nice to know that there are so many talented and knowledgable people on here that I can pester for advice  :D

Ahhh thanks mate, very nice of you!

With the Otter we went to the Isle of Skye, I sat for 3-5 hours every day for 5 days in a row, which doesn't sound too bad, but it was March, in Scotland. Freezing cold strong wind and sudden rain showers made it all the more fun! I slipped on a rock and my £1300 (un-insured at the time) lens, was the first thing to hit the floor! luckily it only smashed the lens hood. It wasn't until the last day, when I had been sat on the cobbled beach for 4 hours, soaked through, that my dad signaled me from a bit further down the beach. I did my best "action man stealth" impression and managed to get behind a rock that was about shoulder height, my old man said there was an Otter just the other side of the rock eating a crab… So I slowly stood up and to my delight was a textbook Otter scoffing a Crab. Teary eyed I got my shots, and the whole experience was well worth the time invested. People will either get what I mean or not, but to me it was the best experience in my life as a photographer.

When you come to get a camera give me a shout, I would be more than happy to help!

Back to the top
really nice shot

i do appreciate wildlife photography but i have very little patience for it

maybe it will come as i get older :)

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

really nice shot

i do appreciate wildlife photography but i have very little patience for it

maybe it will come as i get older :)

Maybe, I'm only 24 lol

It's one of those things, I love the outdoors and I have grown up with a family of photographers, but I'm convinced given time everybody would grow to love wildlife photography. Its kind of like a treasure hunt, and everybody loves those!

Back to the top
i do like widlife photography but it's having the time and going to the place to get the shots

s

Banner

Back to the top
Yea that pretty much sums it up lol.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.