Skip navigation

i have a t shirt idea !!

Back to the top

i have a t shirt idea !!

now some people know me and know i buy everything related to this forum, i love it here and if it all helps i'm glad to do that BUT i do like value for my money to, this brings me onto the reason i started this thread and please guys don't run me down for saying that i think the AGM tshirt was naff to say the least, i know the reasons why you obviously shop around for the gear and try to get the merchandise as reasonable as possible but i for one would have paid extra to get better quality tshirts, i have come home and washed this years and its not looking in the best shape :(

if people are happy do buy this kind of quality thats fine but could we atleast have an option of better quality garments

i would say the usual ''rant over'' but not really a rant just an observation and a suggestion

thankyou peoples keep up the good work :D

Matt- << with this bleeding dash :(

Back to the top
Personally I thought the t shirts were ok.

I havnt washed mine yet, so cant comment on that.

Im like you mate ive pretty much bought all new merchandise since I joined up.

However if there was an option to pay extra for a better quality one I would go for it.

Back to the top
matt you've beat me to it mate

i was going to put a thread up asking for feedback on the all the merchandise we now have

i here what your saying mate but is very difficult to judge the best way to do things

quality vs price!!!

the next step up in brands in "Fruit of the loom" now these cost sligthly more but are not alot different at one it 155gsm and other is 165gsm (gsm are the weight/qaulity of the items)

then we could go upto heavyweight cottons at 185gsm but the cost increases more

but to keep things affordable say £10 to go up in qaulity we would have to charge £15

we struggled to sell them at £10 so anymore would be hard

i appricate the feed back matt as you own everything we sell :)

Banner

Back to the top
As you said jb the quality of a fruit of the loom t shirt wouldnt be that much better than the ones we had so wouldnt warrent the extra cash.

Theres a fine line when it comes to the merchandise to make sure you get the right mix of price vs quality.

Back to the top
we did sell alot of things at the AGM which was brilliant

as normally on the site we only sell to the die hards, like you, matt and the normal crew (you know who you are!!)

thats brilliant and i thanks each any everyone for buying and supporting

anything i can do better i will but i need to know your opinions :)

Banner

Back to the top
My Mrs bought a T- shirt from your stall and was really pleased with it.

Washed it the other day and still looks good but she's now gutted as she has just realised she bought the cab one instead of the tin top!!! doh!!

How can I purchase her another one?? :dontknow:

Back to the top
Or do I just go out and buy her a cab????

Back to the top
I went back to buy a black cab one but it had gone  :(

Mk1 GTI Rivage Cabby Mk3 GTI Anniversary

Back to the top
never had a problem with fruit of the loom to be honest and that would be a better option i think

forgot to add, printing wise no problems what so ever like the besign etc and name on the back was a nice touch :D

Back to the top

marksw said

Or do I just go out and buy her a cab????

i only decided to do the ladies in a cabby logo, as most drive cabriolets

or the other alternative is to buy her the car to match :)

Banner

Back to the top

mAtt- said

never had a problem with fruit of the loom to be honest and that would be a better option i think

forgot to add, printing wise no problems what so ever like the besign etc and name on the back was a nice touch :D

matt- (<<< with the funny dash) i shall look into improving the qaulity as i think there are a few options ;)

already looking into large logo for you

Banner

Back to the top
cheers JB, also like to add service from yourself and the rest of the team is great and the time and effort you put in is very much appreciated :D

Mattf0okindash

Back to the top

mAtt- said

cheers JB, also like to add service from yourself and the rest of the team is great and the time and effort you put in is very much appreciated :D

Mattf0okindash

I'm afraid I agree on the T-Shirts, I dug the two previous years shirts out and the quality is better but there you go, we live and learn. On behalf of the Committee I can only apologise.

Moving on and very slightly off topic, weren't you supposed to pick up a Hoody from me? Everyone else came and found me over the weekend but I never saw you so I still have one sitting in my car.

T :dontknow:

Back to the top
i didn't think we had arranged anything ? is that my green one ? i saw you a few times but didn't want to pester you as you looked busy ..

Back to the top
I thought the T Shirts were great.

Just make sure you follow the washing instructions on the label etc iron inside out etc too.

At a Tenner as well, things are allway's budgeted and I suppose costs of buying the shirts etc has to be considered.

So how much would people want to pay for a Heavier Weight Shirt?

I think Matt is doing a fantastic job in the Merchandising, we seem to have more stuff than before, so getting the products out there for the Members is great.

I worked with Matt pretty much, most of the weekend and I applaud everything that was done, including walking round and handing out the Welcome packs to the early birds who got to the AGM before the packs were here, sorting and picking the Raffle tickets out at the Raffle it's self.

In between not only running the Merchandise stall with help from His Good Lady and my input, he was out selling Raffle tickets, this Member did the work of at least 4 people.

I don't think an appollogy on behalf of the Comittee is needed for any of the Efforts JB has put into a very new role he volunteered for.

I am fairley sure if the quality was that Poor, then the amount I saw get sold would not of happened.

People had the oppurtunity to look and handle the shirts before purchasing.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
My t-shirts and lanyard arrived today and i am as pleased as punch, the t-shirts are a bit on the thin side but still more than happy with them for the price, cheers to the chap who administers the ebay side of the club (Matt??) as very helpful in sorting out my order.

Back to the top

chortle said

I thought the T Shirts were great.

Just make sure you follow the washing instructions on the label etc iron inside out etc too.

At a Tenner as well, things are allway's budgeted and I suppose costs of buying the shirts etc has to be considered.

So how much would people want to pay for a Heavier Weight Shirt?

I think Matt is doing a fantastic job in the Merchandising, we seem to have more stuff than before, so getting the products out there for the Members is great.

I worked with Matt pretty much, most of the weekend and I applaud everything that was done, including walking round and handing out the Welcome packs to the early birds who got to the AGM before the packs were here, sorting and picking the Raffle tickets out at the Raffle it's self.

In between not only running the Merchandise stall with help from His Good Lady and my input, he was out selling Raffle tickets, this Member did the work of at least 4 people.

I don't think an appollogy on behalf of the Comittee is needed for any of the Efforts JB has put into a very new role he volunteered for.

I am fairley sure if the quality was that Poor, then the amount I saw get sold would not of happened.

People had the oppurtunity to look and handle the shirts before purchasing.

Glad your happy mate, in that case I'll retract the apology and get back to doing nothing.

T

Back to the top

Danjoeper said

My t-shirts and lanyard arrived today and i am as pleased as punch, the t-shirts are a bit on the thin side but still more than happy with them for the price, cheers to the chap who administers the ebay side of the club (Matt??) as very helpful in sorting out my order.

cheers dan, glad your pleased :)

Banner

Back to the top

mAtt- said

i didn't think we had arranged anything ? is that my green one ? i saw you a few times but didn't want to pester you as you looked busy ..

Sorry but if you're awaiting a replacement let me know as I have one here waiting. If you're happy with the one you have then let me know and I'll pass the one I have on to Matt for sale in the shop.

Thanks

T

Back to the top
Off topic but…..

T your avatar pics always bring a smile to my face :-)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.