Skip navigation

new bloke, old car

Back to the top

new bloke, old car

Just joined and browsed your projects and am impressed with the quality and attention to detail of a lot of the cars keep up the good work we need to preserve these great cars. Now saying that, I on the other hand will not be entering show and shine I,m afriad, My project calls for pretty much desecration. It has been a slow plod so far but due to changes in circumstances things will move a lot quicker and I will be able to work full time on it. I am building it to hillclimb but want to keep it road legal so it can be a bit tricky, I have loads of pics and welcome input from other members. Am looking forward to the AGM becoming a paid up member and meeting like minded people. :D

cheers Mick.

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
hello and welcome aboard, you got some work to do there buddy, should look great when done

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers mate, Yep a lot of work but I enjoy it :D

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
Interesting project for sure, lots of custom work going on  :) so can you give any details on what you plan to do?!

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
At the moment just to finish the shell get it as light and strong as poss, waiting on some 15x10 wheels before I can measure up for arches, engine wise I've not decided, got a lightly modded 2.0-16 on jenveys to run the car in on and then see what sort of handling and traction issues it has. Went to fit the new frnt panel today only to find that under the primer was riddled with worms of rust, so if anyone has a full frnt panel they'd like to bring to the AGM for a reasonable price I'm your man

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
Exhaust exit is all done  :D

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
Proper fabrication :D Love it!!

Welcome along!

Steff

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
Oh yes you can't beat a bit of cut n shut! cheers steff, I will have to check out volksgirls.

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top

skulls said

Oh yes you can't beat a bit of cut n shut! cheers steff, I will have to check out volksgirls.

haha too right :D

and thanks!!!  :mrgreen:

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
Hi mate nice to meet you at the AGM…. I won't tell anyone of the bigs you threw away honest….. oops lol.  Looking forward to seeing this getting on bud and hope you enjoyed the AGM.

Back to the top
Ah cat out of the bag, you'll get me lynched! yes mate pity I could'nt be there longer but will be at the next one for full duration hopefully  with my car in all its glory I'm also doing a caddy as well now for my mate so will drag that along as well.

Oh and this was fun!

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
Sounds like a plan mate camping is just awesome!!!  Did you get to go on the rally with someone?

Are you a fabricator by trade?

Back to the top
Urm…… No and no  :D

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
hey this looks crazy........in a good way and bad....cool project.... :D

Back to the top
All I can say in my defence is that it was a pretty tatty car to start with! :(

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top

skulls said

All I can say in my defence is that it was a pretty tatty car to start with! :(

good as in - different and the amount of fabrication going in
bad as in - your cutting up a mk1 shell…..however its your car  :lol:

Back to the top
It will still be a mk1 :)

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
Well Finally got a new workshop so can continue building :D

Also been shopping
I bought this

And these

And could'nt resist this

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
successful day welded on the front panel and made a rollover frame so can finish the underside tomorrow.

Fuel economy…..Pah!

Back to the top
Awesome job and very jealous of your workshop!!!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.