Skip navigation

what you doing to your mk1 this week b4 the agm?

Back to the top

what you doing to your mk1 this week b4 the agm?

Mine's being used all week as a crew and equipment car for filming in the middle of nowhere.  She's already filthy bless her so going to need a proper good scrub up on Saturday.  Then hopefully my sill trim clips will have arrived and will stay on this time!!!  Oh, n then crossing my fingers that she gets there sunday morning :D

Back to the top
Ill be drivin mine every day as per usual :D it needs a cut n polish (it wont get one :cry: )may get a wash friday morn if theres time :roll: hope all the buffers n polishers are allready at it in a heated garage somewhere :lol: I ll need some nice shiney motors to veiw at the weekend :lol:

Back to the top
will have a gander sunday if your there. yours to by the sounds of it matt!

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top

mAtt- said

atleast we both got our 9a's in Ross :)

Yep - flew through the MOT today, loving the bit of extra power - its a lot quicker than a kr! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Just come in from my make shift valeting bay (a car port with gazebo sides pegged to it :redfaced: !)
Rubber rocker cover gasket fitted, rocker cover painted, all water pipes to carb replaced, new rad fan switch fitted, new coolant, hoses to air box cleaned, radiator top cover fitted.
Interior cleaned, boot polished and started to polish the outside, but had to come in cos i's going a bit dark!
 Starting again tomorrow after work :banghead:

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
new trackrod ends new wheel bearing and anything else i find just not enough time in this week loads to do god help me :D

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2748/dadssig.gif

Back to the top
brucieboy if you ain't brought a water pump yet and are planning on doing it at the agm i am bringing a brand new one with me for sale if needed :)

Back to the top
remind me to bring you that flywheel matt - didnt use it in the end - its a big one, and my shiny new sachs clutch was the smaller size, so prayed the one in boris was the smaller type which thank god it was!

Back to the top
you know anywhere to get it lightened and balanced ??

Back to the top
i wont be doing anything. i can't make it :( everything is ready. just waiting on G-werks to send my supercharger.
gutted. i tryed so hard to get it ready for this years shows/summer. as it is my only car, i wont be able to come.

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

Just come in from my make shift valeting bay (a car port with gazebo sides pegged to it :redfaced: !)
Rubber rocker cover gasket fitted, rocker cover painted, all water pipes to carb replaced, new rad fan switch fitted, new coolant, hoses to air box cleaned, radiator top cover fitted.
Interior cleaned, boot polished and started to polish the outside, but had to come in cos i's going a bit dark!
 Starting again tomorrow after work :banghead:

Bloody hell you have been busy lol

Back to the top
a guy on club gti. hotgolf his username. did mine not long ago great job.

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top

mAtt- said

you know anywhere to get it lightened and balanced ??

as possle says - go on club gti and find hotgolf, cant remember how much he charges but it aint alot - think its about 40 quid?

Back to the top

Tian said

Starting it up.

T

LOVE IT!!! wish it was that easy 4 me! clutch cable changed! exhaust mod done, arb bushes wishbones etc replaced (thanks funk-star!) check levels, pack up epic overhaul clean and off! woopage! oh and dont forget to grab my little micro machine of my car as mascot!!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
 oh and dont forget to grab my little micro machine of my car as mascot!!
Can't wait to see the Micro machine! Safe journey, see you Friday.

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
lol! all thanks to you that Anna! havent been able to get hold of another one since! youre a star! we can play cars with oour micros!! lol

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Unfortunately not had time to do anything, been far too busy  :redfaced:  probably get a bucket of water over it  8)

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top
Quick wash and pollish, hovered,fitted new window winders chrome ones as the originals had broke and had these from years ago,fitted new momo gearnob as the car had some dodgy battered cheap aftermarket thing that was sort of fitted again had the momo one from ages ago and fitted a new alternator belt as the other was squeaking bad and battered.

It dunt fit

Back to the top
wash, dry, polish, wax, polish wheels, black bumpers, tired now, inside, glass and engine 2moz......hoping for low fly kills now

Back to the top
Another day of ironing out silly niggles with the diesel conversion, seems to behaving now (blew the pipe off the turbo 4 times today, though got to admit it sounded like a supa doopa dump valve each time it went  :mrgreen: )  Get up early in morning and load up the trailer and the Golf, quick jet wash and down to Oldbury for 11am to meet up with Daz, Bert, Matt and Ans4r  :P

Time for bed, good night  8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.