Skip navigation

Can we have a list/pictures of your wheels.

Back to the top

Can we have a list/pictures of your wheels.

gavin77 said

beany1234 said

gavin77 said

beany1234 said

Hi here's a pic of my old golf on its standard wheels just before putting coilovers on.

And then sum with the BBS RMs

And my BBS RS on my current golf

The s1 looks great, are they the bbs that were on mine? 

Thinking about getting some d90's for it maybe.

Hi mate how's the golf going no they were BBS RMs that were on your golf I got the BBS RS from Hungry and had them refurbed.

It's going good mate, hoping to get out in it a bit more this year. 
Did you sell the rm's in the end?

Cool be good to see the car again at some shows.  No sold the wheels not long after I old you the car.

Back to the top

So we start with powder coated white Porsche Cookie Cutters, then Silver move onto Porsche Fuchs with polished rims then finally 16" Compomotive TH2's

Last edit: by collo16v

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

Mattig ssf 15x7 et33

'83 formel e

Back to the top

collo16v said

Oh waw, I love Gulf cars - I've never seen a golf done before - looks awesome! My mate and his gf had minis in gulf - his blue and hers pink - super cool.

Back to the top
In order of apperance..
14" 7j and 8J banded steels.. came on the car..

14" 6j BMW things.. scrappy ~£100.. used as my MOT wheels

15" 7j Exip Weaves.. £300 + tyres on ed38 forum..

15" 7j OZ Turbos.. £500 off a forum then rebuilt by me..

Back to the top

Pipsical said

15" 7j OZ Turbos.. £500 off a forum then rebuilt by me..

These wheels are amazing! they make your car look really mean! These are the only other wheels ive seen appart from bbs rs's that i'd consider - are they rare?

Back to the top
I wouldnt say rare..
But there not exactly everywhere..

(Im fat but not as fat as i look in this pic haha)

Back to the top
Hahaha brilliant pic. cool i'll keep an aye out for a pair as dont really fancy repro bbs's and the real deal are way too ££

Back to the top
Id say a decent set of these with tyres will be pushing £1k. Maybe less if you search.

Back to the top
Yeah i was just having a search and are almost as expensive as bbs's :( Do they still make them?
Think i'll have to sell some body parts..

Back to the top
there's a really nice set on fleabay at the moment  ;)

'83 formel e

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Aw cheers dude - now on my watch list :)

Back to the top
no worries, the person selling does want a lot though, but as above they are worth that

good luck  :thumbs:

'83 formel e

Back to the top
Yeah its alot of dosh, will keep watch but theres quite a few bidders too sso will see. CHeers for your help :)

Back to the top
That first set are really nice too..
As for the oz turbos that are 7.5j.. As far as im aware they are only 7j. Which means they have been built up using .5" extra width dishes. Which arent OZ they will be BBS so they dont fit 100% in the middle. If your bidding id ask to see if they are genuin OZ dishes..

(I looked ni to making the rears on mine wider, but the gap between the centre and the dish put me off.)

Back to the top
Generally with OZ turbo's or executives if you go for a powdercoated barrel and use aftermarket lips then you get a reasonable fit with the new lips. You can find turbo's or RS's for sub 500 pounds depending where you look and how much of the work you can handle for doing a refurb. In any situation where you were buying secondhand splits id be looking for as many original parts as possible including the hardware.

ps OZ turbos came in a variety of widths from the factory with the widest factory set ive seen being 8s. 7s are the most common to find as per factory but they are still not a common wheel in any guise.

and for any split rims factor in that a general refurb if the wheels arent to the spec you want or are tatty then you can be looking at pretty much anything from 400 for an average straight rebuild

Back to the top
Mine on:
Stock Tarantulas:

Mk2 P Slots:

Strato Cups:

15" 8 P Slots:

Back to the top
P-Slots = timeless and brilliant.  :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.