Skip navigation

Can we have a list/pictures of your wheels.

Back to the top

Can we have a list/pictures of your wheels.

Hegnirst said

marky4 said

yes they are nice wheels, i've got same off set on front and back :wink:

hey marky4 - what offset and what size/dimensions are they?
and could you post some pictures of what they look like from front and the back of the car, so i could see what they are like, obviosly depending on the offset a lot. But pleassssssssssssssssse XD
would be a great help :D

can't remember the off set i'll look it up but they are 15 inch wheels with 195/45/15 tyres,  will take some pics over the weekend :wink:

Back to the top

russt said

Hey Hegnirst, those weheels in your original photos 3 and 4 do look a little wide for the wheelarches ! :wink:  :wink:

hi russt - the wheels in 3 and 4 were 195/50/16 and 7" wide so possibly would of maybe hit something but it did clear, but i have ordered some 15" XD

Back to the top

marky4 said

Hegnirst said

marky4 said

yes they are nice wheels, i've got same off set on front and back :wink:

hey marky4 - what offset and what size/dimensions are they?
and could you post some pictures of what they look like from front and the back of the car, so i could see what they are like, obviosly depending on the offset a lot. But pleassssssssssssssssse XD
would be a great help :D

can't remember the off set i'll look it up but they are 15 inch wheels with 195/45/15 tyres,  will take some pics over the weekend :wink:
l?
awesome! thanks dude, have you lowered it at all?

Back to the top
These are my wheels. There the standard BBS form the factory. Just been refurbed and re-fitted to the beast!

Hope you like!

Banner

Back to the top

Red-or-Dead said

These are my wheels. There the standard BBS form the factory. Just been refurbed and re-fitted to the beast!

Hope you like!

Hiya mate, im a bit of a wheel noob, do you know the model/series number of your wheels? I have the same on mine and i cant find the number :(
You say standard BBS from the factory, so am i right to believe these were an optional extra on the car when it was new? Like i said, im a noob!

ps : They look mint mate!

My 1983 Golf C

Back to the top

TrialsRider said

Red-or-Dead said

Hope you like!

Hiya mate, im a bit of a wheel noob, do you know the model/series number of your wheels? I have the same on mine and i cant find the number :(
You say standard BBS from the factory, so am i right to believe these were an optional extra on the car when it was new? Like i said, im a noob!

ps : They look mint mate!
Ahh, that is the big question! I dont know what the model number is sorry! Been trying to find out myself. I do know that the wheels were an option from new as I know the first owner!

Banner

Back to the top

Red-or-Dead said

Ahh, that is the big question! I dont know what the model number is sorry! Been trying to find out myself. I do know that the wheels were an option from new as I know the first owner!

Okay cheers mate! Atleast im not the only person :P Thats good to know, nice one!

My 1983 Golf C

Back to the top

bouchay said

Picking up some flowers for my mates wedding!

Being used at somebody elses wedding!

And the standard Le Castellets:

Love the d90's they sit perfectly! do you know how wide the fronts are, and what size tyres are you running?

Sorry for the questions, looking to get a set for mine.

Back to the top
nice bump  :thumbs: and they look like 6s and 7s

my currents….(mk1 fitments only…couldnt list the rest of the wheels I have)

my 15" pirellis

My 15" renault turbines

BBS RS001s,picked these up secondhand already converted to 8x15 but fully painted in satin black  :P

after refurb and they are now 9.5" and 10.5"x15"

my revolution RFX's,bought second hand as 8.5 and 10"x15 but turned out to be 8.5 and 9x15

still to be refurbed

My two piece 15" OZ executives,bought second hand as 7.5 and 8x15….

now measuring in at 8 and 8.5x15

custom 3 piece 7 and 7.5x15" ronal teddy bears

still awaiting final paint and polish….

and finally my BBS RS070s,bought them secondhand as 8.5s and 9x15s…turned out to be 7.5s and 8s…..

New(secondhand original)6" barrels(originals were 5.5")and a 'slight' refurb job later currently weighing in at 8.5 and 9"x15

Back to the top

golf1980 said

Some really nice wheels in this thread guys.

Hegnurst, the sleels are my favourite on your car. retro cool.  The schmidts on the blue golf in the show pics would look cool too i recon.

Lee_dub, I like the gold ones on your 2nd pic. What are they? Are they 13" bbs mahles? They are my favourite out of your pics.

bouchay, those d90s look perfect on your car. I like how they are a similar design to the Le Castellets, which also look really good.

In my opinoin, you cant go too wrong with bbs wheels. I know they have been done to death but it is because they just look so good on mk1s!

Here are some pics of some wheels i have run;

^ RG type clay. 14x6. the original wheels for my car. show room upgrade. 2 vw centre caps missing :(

^ Polo 16v wheels. 14x6? the wheels that were on the car when i bought it( the original wheels were in the back).

^ My 1st set of G60 steels. 15x6? no centre caps :(

^ porsche D90s. front 16x7 rear 16x8. when i first bought them. metal centre caps.

^ porsche D90s. re sprayed in satin black.

^ BBS Mahle's. 15x7. et13. two sets of rear wheels from a bmw E21.
These are at work at the moment because I am polishing all the scratches out during my break times.
I am thinking of spraying the centres in the same black as the porsche wheels and leaving the rim/centre caps polished.
What do you think? Good idea?

Rich

Really good to see all the differnt wheels you've run and how they make your car look so different. Your totally right about the bbs though, they have been done but imo you can't beat them! Like the D90's in satin black too - personally i'd keep the bbs silver though.

Back to the top
woa i forgot about this thread. good bump.

golf coupe your wheels are awesome and the teddy splits are famous! great work!

jettyj. thanks. i did keep the bbs silver but had to take them off when i upgraded my brakes.

the golf has had a couple of sets since i last posted in here.

another set of 'g60' passat winters;

and a set of 16x7 porsche 928 wintercults;

these have lots of brake clearance :)i have 2 more sets of wheels lined up ready for purchase when i get paid. i'll post pics up when i get them

Back to the top
Love the g60 wheel. Simple and timeless.  :cool:

Back to the top
Golf1980 - G60's do look good, although not my usual cup of tea. Waw you go through a lot of wheels, I look forward to seeing you next couple of sets! 

Back to the top

golf1980 said

woa i forgot about this thread. good bump.

golf coupe your wheels are awesome and the teddy splits are famous! great work!

Thanks. Your a bit of a wheel wh.ore yourself I see. Nice collection :cool:

Back to the top
Hi here's a pic of my old golf on its standard wheels just before putting coilovers on.

And then sum with the BBS RMs

And my BBS RS on my current golf

Back to the top

beany1234 said

Hi here's a pic of my old golf on its standard wheels just before putting coilovers on.

The s1 looks great, are they the bbs that were on mine? 

Thinking about getting some d90's for it maybe.

Back to the top
No show winners, but tastefully period passat b3 steels..

Back to the top

gavin77 said

beany1234 said

Hi mate how's the golf going no they were BBS RMs that were on your golf I got the BBS RS from Hungry and had them refurbed.

Back to the top
I have my original BBS ra's in black and had them in white as well.

White sebrings with winter tyres

Just got more Sebrings which I will get done in black to suit the car.

Back to the top

beany1234 said

gavin77 said

beany1234 said

Hi mate how's the golf going no they were BBS RMs that were on your golf I got the BBS RS from Hungry and had them refurbed.

It's going good mate, hoping to get out in it a bit more this year. 
Did you sell the rm's in the end?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.