Skip navigation

Can we have a list/pictures of your wheels.

Back to the top

Can we have a list/pictures of your wheels.

Post where you got them from

Just thought its something this forum is missing. After not been able to find the perfect wheel for me, I think it could be quite cool to see others, to see and for help where to get them XD

this is how mine is at the moment (i got witht the car)

Some steels i got with the car. I renovated and painted black but i couldn't put on properly as i am lacking a hub cap :'( looked ace i reckon (sorry about the finger)

And these I ordered new this week, but i dont know if they would suit it. :/ what do you think? I cant decide EDIT:They have been sent back today.

From Wheelbase

Back to the top
I think they would look alright mate. I wouldnt have chose them if i was honest, but they look alright next to your car :)

The first 2 photos are my car and the wheels. Im planning on giving them a tart up soon. The rest of the photos are a few mk1's that i saw at a show the other month. Enjoy.

At the show:

My 1983 Golf C

Back to the top
any good?

Back to the top

Back to the top
Some of my old car

Back to the top
wow there all really nice, i like! keep them coming!
those 13's are beautiful! where did you get those??

Trial ride - Your bbs's are lovely, get them shiny! :D
i think im getting the wheels of that white one though as i just love them!
well either them or 13's but i dont know which one?? hmmmm

com'on guys show us your wheels! XD

Back to the top
lee_dub i think i like your first set of wheels the best, are they sixteen's? and by any chance is that a halfords jack?

Back to the top
Picking up some flowers for my mates wedding!

Being used at somebody elses wedding!

And the standard Le Castellets:

Back to the top

Hegnirst said

wow there all really nice, i like! keep them coming!
those 13's are beautiful! where did you get those??

Trial ride - Your bbs's are lovely, get them shiny! :D
i think im getting the wheels of that white one though as i just love them!
well either them or 13's but i dont know which one?? hmmmm

com'on guys show us your wheels! XD

Cheers Hegnirst!
Believe me, they will be so shiny when i have finished (when i get round to doing it!).
You can never go wrong with bbs's, they always look great on golfs, no matter what the age, condition or colour.

My 1983 Golf C

Back to the top

Back to the top
Some really nice wheels in this thread guys.

Hegnurst, the sleels are my favourite on your car. retro cool.  The schmidts on the blue golf in the show pics would look cool too i recon.

Lee_dub, I like the gold ones on your 2nd pic. What are they? Are they 13" bbs mahles? They are my favourite out of your pics.

bouchay, those d90s look perfect on your car. I like how they are a similar design to the Le Castellets, which also look really good.

In my opinoin, you cant go too wrong with bbs wheels. I know they have been done to death but it is because they just look so good on mk1s!

Here are some pics of some wheels i have run;

^ RG type clay. 14x6. the original wheels for my car. show room upgrade. 2 vw centre caps missing :(

^ Polo 16v wheels. 14x6? the wheels that were on the car when i bought it( the original wheels were in the back).

^ My 1st set of G60 steels. 15x6? no centre caps :(

^ porsche D90s. front 16x7 rear 16x8. when i first bought them. metal centre caps.

^ porsche D90s. re sprayed in satin black.

^ BBS Mahle's. 15x7. et13. two sets of rear wheels from a bmw E21.
These are at work at the moment because I am polishing all the scratches out during my break times.
I am thinking of spraying the centres in the same black as the porsche wheels and leaving the rim/centre caps polished.  
What do you think? Good idea?

Rich

Back to the top
Golf1980. Lovely wheels the mahle's.  I thought you were going to put the rg clay wheels on so thats why you were selling the brakes? Any way i wouldn't go black with the centres, maybe a gunmetal grey type colour so the spokes don't get lost in the shadow like they do with black.

I have a few sets of wheels, but no pics at the mo, will add mine when i can.

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
i am going to refurb the RGs before i put them back on i recon. i'll need some better tyres too because the mowhawks are terrible!

Back to the top

golf1980 said

Lee_dub, I like the gold ones on your 2nd pic. What are they? Are they 13" bbs mahles? They are my favourite out of your pics.

Rich

They are 6.5j Alleycats.

They were awesome wheels, and it looked so good but I couldn't hack it on 13's as low as you need to run on them  :redfaced:

15 inch wheels are the wheels for me…

Back to the top
15 inch lenso's  :wink:

Back to the top
marky4 - i think they have just stopped stocking them at rimstyles hmm

i am to going with bsx's

these
http://www.rimstyle.com/products/detail/?category=alloy_wheels;type=lenso_bsx_gb;manufacturer=lenso;model=13020;id=LEBSX-GB-ID13020-D15-W70l70-P4BLA-El

but i dont know if too have the offset on the front at 38 and rear 20 or both the same??

anyway in 15x7  XD
cant wait!!!!

lovely wheels in here!

and golf1980 - all of those look awesome, i prefer the porsche d90 ones in black good choice!

Back to the top
yes they are nice wheels, i've got same off set on front and back :wink:

Back to the top
is there plenty more room to be 15mm wider?
do you think it will make that much difference? i.e. hitting the arches etc?

thanks XD

MOEY - why, did you have to have it low for it too 'work' i love 13's on golf i think they look beaut!
but i can imagine them looking a bit a weird with standard height.
but what ever your height is/was, its looks awesome, im a big fan of alleycats, as i came from the mini seen.
i miss her :'(
going to buy another one after the golf me thinks! (or have both)
XD

Back to the top

marky4 said

yes they are nice wheels, i've got same off set on front and back :wink:

hey marky4 - what offset and what size/dimensions are they?
and could you post some pictures of what they look like from front and the back of the car, so i could see what they are like, obviosly depending on the offset a lot. But pleassssssssssssssssse XD
would be a great help :D

Back to the top
Hey Hegnirst, those weheels in your original photos 3 and 4 do look a little wide for the wheelarches ! :wink:  :wink:

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.