Skip navigation

Engine Conversions?

Back to the top

Engine Conversions?

To be fair though, the insurance companies base the price on risk. At the same time as being surprised its so high for a 17year old, it also means if you're a bit older, with a clean licence, no accidents or claims etc, the insurance reflects that you are a lower risk and is thus cheaper.

In other words, if they did away with risk-based pricing and simply charged the same for everyone, loads of people would pay more.

I accept that a lot of the time insurance companies seem like greedy ******s and the charges (and premium increases for no good reason) are too much. But not really much you can do except have a moan about it - or get a less powerful car.

Back to the top
I agree both sides. Insurance is like being raped. You got no choice. No offence meant to the female population just an expression.
However there is a lot of people making fake claims and scamming the companies. Like whiplash for example.
If any of us owned an insurance company. If people kept making loads of claims I'd make my money back by increasing premiums as well.
Maybe we should make our own company.

If ever

Back to the top
why dont u keep the 1.1 then buy another but a gti stick a 16v init strip it out and use it for track days then when u can afford to insure it and sell the 1 litre. Best of both words and perfectly legal

Back to the top
I was going to use it more on tracks (trackdays) Than road use to be honest, i've got a 1.2 renault clio of my grandma for when i turn 17 so i might just get a gti for the trackdays.

IF And Doubt, Flat Out
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.