Skip navigation

Mike's MK1 GTi Campaign

Back to the top

Mike's MK1 GTi Campaign

Creme brulee anyone?  :P

OK, as per previous post I picked up some new MK1 wishbones and then picked up a pair of original VAG with the view of refurbing them. The problem is getting the old bushes off can be a pain.

How it looked in the end!

Using my trusty torch I simply lit the bushes which was smokey and smelly but fun. They burnt fairly quickly and using a combination of screwdriver and vice grips off they came.

BBQ is a very versatile device!

Bits left over:

I still have to drill out the 3 securing rivets on one wishbone then off to be sand blasted etc

Mike

MK1 Golf Gti - Mars Red Campaign / MK2 Golf Rallye SE/ MK2 Golf Gti - Black 16v (small bumper) / Corrado - Red G60 / Porsche 911 (Daily)

Back to the top
Some more clean bits [:P]

Ah yes, back to some new bits and pieces….. :D

Eibach ARB kit for the MK1

Some pics to show what comes in the kit, part numbers and a look at what the new bits look like compared to the previous items seen in the strip down…

Mike

MK1 Golf Gti - Mars Red Campaign / MK2 Golf Rallye SE/ MK2 Golf Gti - Black 16v (small bumper) / Corrado - Red G60 / Porsche 911 (Daily)

Back to the top
Here are some pics which compare original GTi ARB with new Eibach. Fair few mm in the difference.

I've also included a pic of the part number of the bag of accessories that came with the Eibach kit. You may be able to buy this on it's own.

I can't find micrometer but if anyone needs the exact dimensions of ARB please give me a shout:

Mike

Back to the top
Some movement here also  :P

Brake line kit:

Fuel pump bracket

Mike

Back to the top
More to follow  :wink:

Mike

Back to the top
Is that powder coat on the exhaust manifold ? wont it just melt ?

Back to the top
abfmk1 , the manifold is as mentioned above not being used in the project so we won't know. Its from a Scirocco 16v and I had it sand blasted to clean it up. To prevent new rust we just threw it into the pile of other items being powdercoated :-)

Do you like the other items I will be using? :-)

Mike

Back to the top
Some nice items, seem to have a few that i am using.

Back to the top
Some nice items, seem to have a few that i am using.

Back to the top
Getting down to the nitty gritty in the engine bay so time to gather up some of the smaller items to continue the above updates on fueling and brakes.

Picked up these items while in US recently where I found a little oasis of MK1 parts  :D

A sample of some of the goodies below:

First up braided fuel lines (including cold start vale line) and lines for fuel pump and acc hose kit -

Fuel distributor gasket kit -

Internal and original Hella light -

A selection of various banjo bolts, fuel injector seals, idle screw seals etc -

A washer pump -

Linkage repair kit -  

Various door cards retainers, brake line retaining clips, brake line mounting grommets, brake hose retaining clips etc

and a few little toys like a fuel injector pulling tool and air/fuel mixture tool

Mike

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.