Skip navigation

Clarkson loves the mk1 gti!

Back to the top

Clarkson loves the mk1 gti!

This is a MASSIVE idea & challenge.

Count me in if it gets going.

Clarkson is a legend.

Back to the top
Its a great idea, but I can see it being a logistical nightmare.

Back to the top
AS said before the biggest problem is surely going to be that this is a national club! I'm down in bournemouth and will to help out but there could equally be people up in scotland willing to help out! haha but it would be a quality idea!

Back to the top
Well, how much do we estimate it would cost to get a good, solid gti as a quality base car?..

Back to the top
Does this need its own thread?

Back to the top
Hi Walt - to answer your question mate yes it'd be good in it's own thread bud.

The club should not fund this as it's not what people pay their money for and people should opt in or out.  therefore it should not be directly funded.

That said however, I would donate if it got off the ground!!

Back to the top
That's how I feel to be honest.. We would need a load of dedicated people…

Back to the top
Best thing to do walt is start another thread and see what interest you get.

Count me in :-)

Back to the top
This is actually a brilliant idea if it happened. He would definately love it :)

Back to the top
He did have a mk1 scirrocco gti once. But giving clarkson a Mk1? come on guys, the guy is rich enough to go out and buy one if he wants! I still like the idea of donating to build one though that would be cool. It could then be auctioned off for charity (Say help for heroes in which Mr Clarkson is a founding member..) or something, that would be more worthwhile. IMHO anyway.

Back to the top

DonJon said

He did have a mk1 scirrocco gti once. But giving clarkson a Mk1? come on guys, the guy is rich enough to go out and buy one if he wants! I still like the idea of donating to build one though that would be cool. It could then be auctioned off for charity (Say help for heroes in which Mr Clarkson is a founding member..) or something, that would be more worthwhile. IMHO anyway.

Agreed, the guy is minted and how top gear works it could back fire and be blown up or smashed in a destruction derby..

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.