Skip navigation

My MK1 Cab was Stolen last night :(

Back to the top

My MK1 Cab was Stolen last night :(

some scumbags took my cabriolet from out side my house in Blackpool last night, its been found in Wrexham with a 6-8 inch cut in the recently replaced hood :( and broken steering lock, thats all I know so far.
gutted

MK1 81' Golf Cabriolet GLD

1976 Toyota Celica ST Liftback

Back to the top
Insurance job then? I thought it would be returned or found - is it (going to be) recorded as stolen/recovered? If so, then ask your insurance for extra compo for this too.

At least you'll get a new hood. Every cloud as a silver lining, etc.

Back to the top
its being collected by the insurers approved garage for inspection and estimate, just have to wait and see what they come up with I guess

Back to the top
Does your insurance cover you for theft? we are with churchill and weren't covered for theft although fully comp until we had an approved alarm fitted. Is your car alarmed? Sorry to hear about the theft though, thieving toerags  :(

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top
im fully comp, no alarm, just hope the garage dont scare the insurance into suggesting total loss, ive said i want to retain the vehicle whatever their decision

Back to the top
With you having no alarm does your insurance cover you for theft damage though? Worth checking. None of the cabby's we have are covered unless alarmed.

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper

Back to the top
yeah i pretty sure its covered, my excess is abit steep tho i think.
So annoying about the roof, i replaced it with a mint new one in november, no need in slicing it :(

Back to the top
From past and current experience no cabriolet is covered for theft unless a approved alarm certificate is shown to any insurance company, if yours is different which insurance company do you use?

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper

Back to the top
elephant, their awaiting the estimate from the garage and have explained the voulantary excess amount etc for both repair and total loss so seems as though its covered

Back to the top
Sweet, are elephant a broke or insurer? hope it works out for you.

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper

Back to the top
insurer there apart of admiral

Back to the top
Unlucky… Tragic that I should have to say unlucky, like its normal and ok, just one of those things that someone should choose to steal your car.. Its not ok.. It isn't just one of those things.. Its typical of todays society.. Opportunistic scumbags everywhere.. I hate it.. I never leave my car anywhere other than in my garage, because i know that as soon as I leave it anywhere, someone will either scratch it or try to take it away from me out of jealousy.. We don't need speed camera's we need more police.. Stiffer sentences for real criminals and a strong message to the influential children coming through the schools of what is right and wrong… The values of society are wayyyyyy off what they should be and things are tolerated now that never would have even been thought of 30 years ago.. Its disgusting and needs sorting out..

Back to the top
gutted for you mate :cry:

hope it gets sorted

bloody scum bags  :twisted:

Back to the top

walt said

Unlucky… Tragic that I should have to say unlucky, like its normal and ok, just one of those things that someone should choose to steal your car.. Its not ok.. It isn't just one of those things.. Its typical of todays society.. Opportunistic scumbags everywhere.. I hate it.. I never leave my car anywhere other than in my garage, because i know that as soon as I leave it anywhere, someone will either scratch it or try to take it away from me out of jealousy.. We don't need speed camera's we need more police.. Stiffer sentences for real criminals and a strong message to the influential children coming through the schools of what is right and wrong… The values of society are wayyyyyy off what they should be and things are tolerated now that never would have even been thought of 30 years ago.. Its disgusting and needs sorting out..

I totally agree,  schools need to focus more on teaching kids from a young age on how they should act in society, a lot of parents can't be bothered or in a lot of cases their kids can't do no wrong in their eyes.   I remember as a kid probably 7yrs old being told how important it is to put your litter in the bin and taking part in a litter campaign…  Now I could NEVER drop litter, I just can't do it!!! lol   I have kids that go to the same school as I did and I know they don't get taught these morals.  These seemingly trivial teachings are being left out of schools, that's why kids have no respect or fear of being told off by adults and some end up going around stealing peoples pride and joy.  :banghead:

Sorry to hear about your car mate.

Back to the top
Schools are there to educate. Parents are there to bring you up correctly. You can't have schools teaching morals you should be taught at home, that's crazy.

Anyway, I hope you get your car back quickly.

T

Back to the top
Awful awful news.  But at least it was recovered and not burnt out or written off :D   Good luck with the insurance

Back to the top
Cull

Back to the top

Tian said

Schools are there to educate. Parents are there to bring you up correctly. You can't have schools teaching morals you should be taught at home, that's crazy.

T

Being taught right from wrong is educating… Being taught these morals in schools at a young age should instill the correct way to behave in society and therefore ensure ALL children are on the same page.  Yes, ideally parents SHOULD teach their kids these things BUT as we all know in so many cases this just doesn't happen.  We were taught manners in my day,  why not today?  What's so crazy   :dontknow: ???

Back to the top
That is gutting…. just hope you haven't lost the love for it when you get it back.  Scum out there need shooting!!!!!

Back to the top

Tian said

T

I agree in principle Tian.. However, I think over a generation or two, the morals have been lost and these people who now have no morals cannot be expected by the rest of us to instill the difference between right and wrong into their children.. Its not gonna happen and I honestly believe that schools should be involved and take social standards very seriously indeed.. I dare say they do to a degree.. But discipline has gone sooooo lenient that the kids run a mock.. Teachers have no power and as such the kids have no respect and I believe that this in itself teaches the kids that they can do exactly as they wish, which results in juveniles with no laws or bounderies to hold them back from doing such crimes like taking someones car.. Would it be fair to say that both have equal responsibility and should work together to ensure the moral standards in children are good and reinforced?.. Because maybe this deferred responsibility is part of the problem, parents thinking that kids go to school to be taught and the teachers having no powers to discipline children and therefore having to leave it up to the parents., who in turn do very little.. One thing is for sure, I bet every single one of us on here with good standards could say why they are that way and have the standards they have.. If you were to take a child and put it through the exact same up bringing you had, would they be the type of person to steal a car?.. Rhetorical question.. Of course they wouldn't.. It needs sorting out on every level, its a social disease..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.