Skip navigation

Ideas for Berks meet

Back to the top

Ideas for Berks meet

Should we try a new loaction for the July meet as the the numbers have been down for the last few.  This will also be the 6th anniversary of the Berks meet.

We could Stirrups in Maidens Green? http://www.stirrupshotel.co.uk/hotels-berkshire-location

Or the White Hart in Holyport which is the same as the Berkshire bugs meet http://www.thewhitehartholyport.co.uk/Where_to_find_us.aspx

or any other suggestion?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Berkshire bugs pub is best for me,but im in Bucks so might not be so good for others from Berks

Back to the top
You can still advise timmy  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
white heart is quite close to me........still working on the 79er though....tank has rusted through....argh!!

PSYCHOBILLY!

Back to the top
Not too fussed which one - stirrups offers best drive to route for me I think.

Have they been contacted to see if they would be happy for us to come?

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
As an ex Holyport resident, the White Hart is a winner for me. Now I've finally got my MOT sorted I should be able to come down for the July meet.

Back to the top
King is that yellow beauty you motor

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
If only! I need to get some pictures of it that aren't on the back of a lowloader and clean!

Back to the top
I live closer to jykle but i guess everyone is going to be different as i live in Reading

Wanna Hug?

Back to the top

kingcal said

If only! I need to get some pictures of it that aren't on the back of a lowloader and clean!

This is from another thread

Allana13 did you have a prefered pub?

James

Back to the top
I have sent messages to the other pubs, so far only the White hart has got back to me & they would be more then happy for us to use their pub.

When we went to the white hart for the Berkshire bugs meet a few months ago we had 10 mk1's where & this year the best we've had is 8 at the J&H & most months is about 4.

James

Back to the top

James_W said

I have sent messages to the other pubs, so far only the White hart has got back to me & they would be more then happy for us to use their pub.

When we went to the white hart for the Berkshire bugs meet a few months ago we had 10 mk1's where & this year the best we've had is 8 at the J&H & most months is about 4.

Cheers James, I was the 1st one to vote, Holyport it is for me  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
The MX5 guys have their meet at The Peacock, Bracknell:

(Link doesn't show the new road set up there)
Google Maps

Really good, loads and loads of space.  There's even and open sided barn 4-5 cars can park in.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

ManicGTI said

The MX5 guys have their meet at The Peacock, Bracknell:

(Link doesn't show the new road set up there)
Google Maps

Really good, loads and loads of space.  There's even and open sided barn 4-5 cars can park in.

This is a nice pub & the open barn is does look good.

James

Back to the top

HuggYBeaR said

I live closer to jykle but i guess everyone is going to be different as i live in Reading

Rob, what would the time difference be between the J&H & the White hart?

James

Back to the top
either bracknell or holyport suits me.

Back to the top
Holyport will be good. Its a good Pub with Good food

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
OK, we can try the White Hart for the July meet. Unless a large number of Basingstoke locals buy mk1's  :lol:

I will start a new thread for the meet later.

James

Back to the top
It would take me about 30mins to get to j&h which is good but I don't know to the others

Wanna Hug?

Back to the top

HuggYBeaR said

It would take me about 30mins to get to j&h which is good but I don't know to the others

Depending on what part of Reading your in but I think it will only take about 5 mins longer to the white hart.

James

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.