Skip navigation

whats a CC GOLF ?

Back to the top

whats a CC GOLF ?

Metallic green or blue can't really be described as any more expensive as any other metallic paint, surely? Whether those colours are desirable, is open to opinion too. Personally the blue isn't too bad but the green is nothing special in itself. Seat trim is a trivial difference, electric extras are not much more than the standard cars, etc etc.

I'm afraid, while you perceive them as expensive and desirable, the truth is that the differences are just minor ones (wheels colour and trim):

walt said

Other than beat new panels for it, what did you expect vw to do other than change the colour trim and wheels?

Back to the top
Le castellet wheels were just shy of £500 each without a tyre from vw.. Leather as an option over the cloth was about £1200 extra as an option if I remember rightly and as for metallic paint (which is also pearl in the case of the rivage) has always been an expensive option on new cars as it would have been extra on yours when it was new paul.. So if you take your shoes and socks off and count that lot up, you will see that those trivial few things that you have no value for, others might… Myself included…

Back to the top
What something costs, isn't what its worth.

Back to the top
In which case, what makes you think that you are the expert on something which I don't believe you know anything about?..

Back to the top
I'm quite happy to have a debate about the relative value of different special editions of the Mk1 Golf cabby, including CC, Rivage and Sportline but I'm not going to get drawn into personalised arguments or a slanging match.

Hence, I'll reinstate my main point: most special editions, with the exception of different trim, wheels and colour, don't have any high-value specification differences (eg such as a bigger engine, or air conditioning). This doesn't make them worth significantly more than standard cars once they're 20+ years old on the secondhand car market. For various reasons, some of the special editions may be perceived as more desirable, which can affect values.

Back to the top
Bit late to take the moral high ground paul.. It's here in black and White that you set this off with personal undertones with the comparisons to what I spent on my car and how little you spent.. You have tried that one before.. I never rose to it that time either.. I only answered to your question as to what makes a rivage any different to a standard model as you were making out that the wheels trim and colour had no value.. Again, it's all here in black and White.. I have not been personal, only asked you to explain yourself and give some backing to your claims.. Which you haven't done as far as I am concerned.. So to the originator of this thread, I appologise for getting into this and detracting from your original question.. In my opinion, a special edition with desirable and expensive extra's above and beyond that which you get on a standard model will be worth more than a standard base model in the same condition.. It's a no brainer really isn't it?..

Back to the top
A review of this thread would show that YOU started the personalisation, maybe I should have ignored it at the time but it shows that the Mk1 Golf OC enjoys a range of different opinions and occasional disagreements on hot topics.

The fact remains that none of the special editions offered significantly more than the standard cars at the time. The main thing which affects value is condition, age (partly because later cars gained desirable equipment such as power hood, uprated speakers, electric windows, etc) and specification (GL/Clipper or GTI).

Back to the top
What did I say that hurt your feelings?..

Back to the top

chortle said

There are 3 versions of the CC.
The hood if in good condition with the CC logo on would be worth a few quid.
I saw 2 interiors at the last AGM, don't think they sold.
From memory
Lady charme
Lady sunshine
Mister moon
Think there was a brochure on these.
One was a blue colour too.
the roof aint got anything on it .. just plain blue.. the head lining,seats,sun visors and door cards r the only thing with cc logo on

Back to the top
You really need a CC owner to pay plenty for these items.
As the hoods wear out and split they get changed.
So a hood with the CC logo on in good condition would be desirable.
Is the car not worth saving?

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
the engine has siezed, and too be fair i can get over £1000 for it in bits , poss more now it got cc stuff innit….me n popey went halves on the car, he had all after market bits off it and i get whats left, i didnt want to do this but it the way it is , my clipper sits in the corner as i mite take the engine out of mine and stick it in the cc….. havent decided yet , also the cc has fsh loads of paper work and to be fair its in pretty good condition.., or strip both n with monies get myself another one that runs lol

Back to the top
Hi

I have a CC cabriolet - AND a brochure and it only offers one colour - Alpine White (hence the Christmas Cabriolet)  

If you are selling any of the interior, let me know.  Hood looks OK as though it's been replaced.  Mine is the original but has become very tatty.

Many thanks

PenzancePirate

Back to the top
"Lady Charme" CC edition.

3 special editions produced to celebrate summer festivals:

"Lady Sunshine" - Alpine White exterior paint, white plastic trim and door panels, white hood, white seat trim, black carpet, Zandvoort 5.5"x13" alloys

"Mister Moon" - Helios Blue Metallic exterior paint, Helios Blue plastic trim and Mauritius blue door panels, Atoll blue hood, Mauritius blue seat trim, Mauritius blue carpet, Avus (coded Helios Blue) 6"x14" alloys

"Lady Charme" - Alpine White exterior paint, white plastic trim and blue CC door panels, blue CC hood, blue CC headlining and sunvisors, blue CC seat trim, Mauritius blue carpet, Avus (coded Alpine White) 6"x14" alloys, Gamma radio

Back to the top
Nice bit of info there chortle…

What year were these available?

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

chortle said

"Lady Sunshine" - Alpine White exterior paint, white plastic trim and door panels, white hood, white seat trim, black carpet, Zandvoort 5.5"x13" alloys

"Mister Moon" - Helios Blue Metallic exterior paint, Helios Blue plastic trim and Mauritius blue door panels, Atoll blue hood, Mauritius blue seat trim, Mauritius blue carpet, Avus (coded Helios Blue) 6"x14" alloys

"Lady Charme" - Alpine White exterior paint, white plastic trim and blue CC door panels, blue CC hood, blue CC headlining and sunvisors, blue CC seat trim, Mauritius blue carpet, Avus (coded Alpine White) 6"x14" alloys, Gamma radio
oh… mines mustr b mix n match , as my head lining and visors r white …. lol everything else is blue

Back to the top

chortle said

mistermoon…. have you goy any pics on this car? especially interior

Back to the top
was aka as the Azur Model in the US etc, the trim is the same I believe.

http://www.cabby-info.com/azur.htm

I did see a link explaining all this with the pictures, cannot find it just spent ages looking.
the above should give you an idea.

Origional info courtesy of Dubboy.

Back to the top
I had seen one for sale, not sure if it was on here or piston heads etc, was either early this year or late last year.

Back to the top
Lady sunshine aka white edition
see bottom one on the link showing the zandvort wheels.
http://cabby-info.com/white_edition.htm#Standard

Back to the top

chortle said

I had seen one for sale, not sure if it was on here or piston heads etc, was either early this year or late last year.

i seen  it alsop, its on piston heads… only £1k …. thats why i gonna break mine as its had loads done to it and its only 1000

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.