Skip navigation

whats a CC GOLF ?

Back to the top

whats a CC GOLF ?

Hi

just purchased my 3rd cab…. didnt relise until after i got home n looked at the log book its a CC GOLF, is it worth much compared to standard gti cab?

Back to the top

Back to the top
I've got one.  Some muppet had stuck 'Coco Channel' stickers in the instrument cluster.

Back to the top
ok, but r they worth anymore than normal cab gti ? ..... if not im gonna strip it

Back to the top
Its a special edition but there's about a million special editions of the cabby, all pretty similar except for trim colour and wheels. If anything, the standard ones are worth more than special editions. The only one worth anything more than the standard is the Sportline, really.

Back to the top
KK STRIP TIME LOL , IT MITE OF BEEN AN MEMEBERS CAR AS ITS GOT CLUB STICKER IN WINDOW FROM 2009

Back to the top
get some pics up, if someone has a CC and need the interior or other parts then that would be helpful to those looking for bits

whats the roof like ?

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
kk, pics up in an hour m8

Back to the top

there u go piccys. probally in wrong place but oh well lol

Back to the top
Yeah as the other guys said, the interior is the one thats worth the money.  The rest is pretty standard fare.

Back to the top
CC interior is only worth any money to a CC owner that needs cloth etc, otherwise its just a old style interior lol

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

paul_c said

Its a special edition but there's about a million special editions of the cabby, all pretty similar except for trim colour and wheels. If anything, the standard ones are worth more than special editions. The only one worth anything more than the standard is the Sportline, really.

what about the Rivage?  :dontknow:

Guy

91 Rivage project thread < its a slow process but getting there!

Back to the top

gfrankland said

paul_c said

How is the Rivage different to any other special edition?

Back to the top
this is about my cc lol ... i agree what about rivage..but i started this thread about mt cc lol

Back to the top
There are 3 versions of the CC.
The hood if in good condition with the CC logo on would be worth a few quid.
I saw 2 interiors at the last AGM, don't think they sold.
From memory
Lady charme
Lady sunshine
Mister moon
Think there was a brochure on these.
One was a blue colour too.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

paul_c said

gfrankland said

paul_c said

How is the Rivage different to any other special edition?

The colours were only available on the rivage, the 15" le castellet alloy wheels were also only available on the Rivage and german equivelant classic line (Also on youngline) A good set of these wheels will set you back more than you paid for your cabby paul_c.. The cloth interior / leather were both only available on the Rivage. Heated seats in the rivage.. The rivage and sportline were line out models paul_c.. This usually means they have all the goodies.. Electric windows, heated screenwash nozzle, heated rear window, heat insulating glass, mfa, leather steering wheel etc etc etc…

As for sportlines being worth any more than rivages, this is debatable and has been brought up before. The numbers sold reflect demand surely?.. I doubt the big wiggs at VW said, "Lets only make 252 Rivage with leather and 470 without and lets make even fewer sportlines!" What sense would that make?.. Figures reflect popularity and desirability from 1991 to 1993, so to say that one is rarer than another and therefore worth more is nonsense because it is rarer because another model looked better.. If that has changed over time and the most popular model now looks rubbish in comparison, I would love a detailed explanation of how that has happened please paul_c seeing as you seem to talk as if you are some kind of authority on this.. I eagerly await your reply..

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
Plenty of other special editions (and the standard car, by 1993) had power hood, electric/tinted windows, MFA, etc. Even my 1984 GL had a heated rear window. So this leaves the wheels, heated seats and heated screenwash nozzles (I'm sure other cabbys had them). The leather/cloth is a bit of a funny one - the leather Rivages also came with the detuned 98bhp motor, instead of 112bhp, or were there any 112bhp leather Rivages?

There's a danger with getting too far into "my Mk1 Golf is better than your Mk1 Golf". The fact that I paid a fraction (1/20th, I think) of the price for my car than yours, either means yours was 20 times better than mine, or I got a good deal, or you got a bad deal, or some combination of those. I'd personally never spend the amount you did on a car, but I understand the reasons you sought out your car, in the condition its in.

Look at it another way - if you sold your car NOW, would you make money or lose money, and if you made it, what is the estimated price you'd get for it and the % return on capital?

Rarity vs price - I agree entirely. Rarity doesn't always equal desirability, which doesn't equal value. For example, Austin Allegros are now very rare.

Back to the top
I'm not talking about specifics of my car and your car as both are at extreme ends of the scale.. You questioned that nothing was different about a rivage.. Other than beat new panels for it, what did you expect vw to do other than change the colour trim and wheels?.. They gave it all the other electric niceties but to simplify the differences in the way you did, is like saying that the difference between you and a Billionaire is just money!.. Well my point is that is one hell of a difference… Enough to make the billionaire much more desirable than you and the rivage more desirable than an older base model..

Back to the top

walt said

I'm not talking about specifics of my car and your car as both are at extreme ends of the scale.. You questioned that nothing was different about a rivage.. Other than beat new panels for it, what did you expect vw to do other than change the colour trim and wheels?.. They gave it all the other electric niceties but to simplify the differences in the way you did, is like saying that the difference between you and a Billionaire is just money!.. Well my point is that is one hell of a difference… Enough to make the billionaire much more desirable than you and the rivage more desirable than an older base model..

You're now contradicting yourself. Are you saying there is only a marginal difference between the Rivage and other special editions, or are you saying there is "one hell of a difference" between the two?

I'd say I was doing a favour by simplifying the differences - and that it doesn't help to do the opposite.

Back to the top
You've lost me now paul_c.. In what way am I contradicting myself?.. The colour, wheels, trim, electrical niceties etc are all very desirable, expensive extra's to have.. Not trivial, nothing items like wheel trims for example, as you would suggest by listing them in the way that you did.. I explained that those things that you rubbished as just visual differences actually matter.. What is it about that which has caused you to believe that I am contradicting myself?..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.