Skip navigation

john o'groats to lands end

Back to the top

john o'groats to lands end

www.justgiving.com/haydn-lewis0

this is the justgiving site for donations, in advance thanks for contributing to the macmillan cancer care, and pass on to any friends

just added picture of car

hi, i'm haydn alias taffy goat and probably the grandaddy of all you at nearly 70, i purchased my 1990 clipper some 3 years ago when i retired and have been to the last two agm's.

now i am planning to do
1.. charity drive from john o'groats to lands end in aid of macmillan nurses(macmillan cancer care)
2.. and secondly to meet as many of mk1 owners as possible on my journey.

from the 20th july i will leave jog and head down the A9 towards stirling / falkirk and stay the night there
21st july down motor ways to preston and stay the night
22nd to the agm at uttoxeter until the 24th
24th from uttoxeter to bristol/ taunton stay the night
25th from bristol/taunton to truro area stay the night
26th from ruro to lands end and back to truro
27th back home to south wales.

whilst doing this i would appreciate some assistance in the event of any problem with the car, mind you i am in the aa,
if any volunteers then if you pm me with your location and tel number/email.
  also if people are not going to agm then they can pm me or email me to say they can meet on the way, i wll post a full itinerary and route later.
i will be making a photo album therefore if you are planning to meet me on the way or at the agm can you bring along a signed photo of your car

thanks all
haydn

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
Nice one Haydn, its been a long time in the planning I know.

On 21st July, where are you staying in Preston? There will be a few of us driving down to Uttoxeter on the Friday morning so we need to sort something out so we can go together.

Back to the top
Haydn how can folks sponsor you for this great event and worthy cause?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Good luck with it Haydn.

Im sure the golf will take it all in its stride.

As A5OPY said, how do we sponsor you?

Back to the top

donations

for sponsor ship i am working on it, however i will be carrying buckets with me to collect on the way and at agm
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top

preston

hi dano
yes its taken some time, still waiting to get free nights at hotels, but if not most likely a travel lodge in preston, will post full itinerarywith stops later

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
hi

I am in inverness
if I im free that day i am up for meeting for you on your Journey. Might even shoot up to JOG to see you off , then travel with you for a bit . I wont no til nearer the time

cheers
Barry

Back to the top
Excellent !!! Will keep an eye on your route to see if and when you are around the mids area maybe catch up and support you, the "just giving" site for charity and sponsorship donations is good a few of my mates who did the london marathon for Help for Heroes,

Well done for your cause.

Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
Spot on, sounds like a great plan, get your route posted up when you set off and if you are near
me at any stage, will pop along and say hello!.

Take care.

Dib

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
Sounds like a hoot.. I think we should do something as a club like this.. What a great event that would be…  :)

Back to the top
We could have a "Golf ball run"

Maybe have challenges along the way to get certain trophy items.. What do you lot think?..

Back to the top

walt said

Maybe have challenges along the way to get certain trophy items.. What do you lot think?..

Count me in :-)

Back to the top

walt said

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

Re: donations

Taffygoat said

for sponsor ship i am working on it, however i will be carrying buckets with me to collect on the way and at agm
haydn

Have you seen this site mate?

Online fundraising donations and ideas - JustGiving

Back to the top
Good luck hadyn , i'm in chesterfield derbyshire , if any use your welcome to mine for a pit stop

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
hey Haydn! Im in bedfordshire, if youre planning on comin any where near me let me know, theres a spare bedroom here if that helps you out? would also love to join you on your quest for a little bit of it! cant wait to see this unfold!! good on you mate! the site is proud of you!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
hi
blans thanks for site info working on it already
thanks all for your comments my route will mostly be on west side of england motorways, however will be at agm
baz mk1 , barry sounds good, i will stay on way up to jog in glasgow first then on to wick for a b&b night before startingon 20th, will have the wife with me reading the map therefore some one local will be usefull
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
Just read your using a map Haydn.

Ive got a new tom tom sat nav if you want to borrow it.

Would come in handy if you get lost or diverted of track.

Back to the top
hi ceri
 the wife will use map but i have satnav as well
thanks

Haydn

Back to the top

macmillan

haydn lewis is fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support

this is the justgiving site for donations, in advance thanks for contributing to the macmillan cancer care, and pass on to any friends

route and stops will be on soon

haydn lewis

Haydn

There are too many online users to list.