Skip navigation

GSF Car Parts - Fail

Back to the top

GSF Car Parts - Fail

Last night I tried registering with the GSF website so I could order some car parts for the cabby. I registered on the website and it said it would activate the account then send me an email. By this morning I hadn't received any email. So I tried logging in anyway, to no avail. I then tried registering again with exactly the same details, and it let me, said it would send an email, and guess what, no email turned up.

The registration success page has the number 0208 917 3888 to call if you have any problems, the numbers not in service.

I then tried calling the Leeds East branch. Young guy answered the phone. I asked if they had the fuel pump relay for a 1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet. He comes back and says 1988 is a MkII. I explained they never made a MkII Cabriolet, to which he replied, 'but my system says that 1988 is a MkII'. At this point I lost mobile reception, and patience with GSF.

I then picked up the phone to Euro Car Parts, who incidentally I hate using even though they have a branch round the corner from where I'm currently working. Guy answers the phone, asks for the reg plate, asks what I want, gives me the price within a minute.

Sorry GSF, but today's experience was a massive fail. I tried you first being kinda partners to the owners club, not sure I'll try you again.

How does everyone else find using GSF?

Black Mk1 Golf GTi Cab

ChoccyButton.com - My website

Back to the top
Its not too bad if you own a real Mk1.

Back to the top
Lol, I'm not a forum veteran, but I think I've seen enough to see the digs coming my way now!!

Black Mk1 Golf GTi Cab

Back to the top
Only joking!

Yeah I agree, they're proper shot themselves in the foot with their new parts catalogue and registration system. I registered too, and my confirmation code came through about 2 weeks after I requested it. And the user name they supply isn't at all memorable, just a code, and they send your password in a clear text email - very bad policy!

The result being, they're going to drive away thousands of prospective customers until they sort things out.

Shame that ECP aren't much better.

And the 1988 being a Mk2 on their system…..seems a common issue with parts suppliers, and I guess its just something along the lines of "garbage in garbage out".

Have you emailed GSF to let them know?

Back to the top
I've seen enough of your posts around taking the piss out of cabby owners to know you was joking :)

Haven't emailed them yet, gonna do it tonight, took far too long out at lunch time trying to sort it and then running around to Euro so got to leave it til tonight now.

Would have tried Crazy Quiffs but needed the parts today/tomorrow morning so wanted somewhere I could collect. Need lot's more stuff yet though so will prob give Quiffs a try with some of the other bits

Black Mk1 Golf GTi Cab

Back to the top
I registered on there and it took about 2 weeks for the email to come through.

Load of letters as a username which is frustrating.

Phoned my local branch yesterday to see if they had a fuel pump relay for my Rivage and was told they had 1.

I reserved it and my father drove a few miles to get it for me as I was working.

He got there to be told they have got 1 but they cant find it. EPIC FAIL.

Phoned euro car parts and they got one from another branch within a few hours.

To be honest I normally try ECP 1st and that shall continue.

Back to the top
not tried gsf but think ecp is very good, when i bought my clipper three years ago the petol tank was leaking, phoned ecp in cardiff at 10am in the morning and one was delivered from london by 4pm,

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top

i registered took a week

:dontknow: i only just got my email back took around a week was expecting an imediate reply how are you suppose to order a part you want now if you have to wait a week , its daft :banghead:

markyptinting

Back to the top
I had to wait a few days for my registration number, the website isn't as helpful as ECP to find parts as they don't have any images etc. However i find gsf are quite helpful over the phone, and at my local ECP i'm in there for about 20 minutes before getting served! very annoying

Back to the top
took me bout a week to get on aswell and the website isnt helpfull at all.

Been caught out with the old "av already run it through pal will knock u some off nxt time" when presenting my oc card a couple of times aswell. Try not 2 us em now, if i do i mek sure i stick the card down on counter before i ask 4 anything.

Back to the top
Yea a week here to receive mine too, even tho I've got a real mk1!

They must of thought I was one of them mk2 golf clipper drivers…

The username is a joke! Who actually looks at that system and thinks yea that's great let's release it?

Back to the top
i registered with em as i dont usually have a problem, it took nearly a week, logged on to website and couldnt find what i needed.

Rang the donny branch for a set of steering rack bushes, you know the d shape rubbers that go over the rack, it took 2 of to find em.

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
When i needed something today i called up vw, they sent me a link to what is basically their system, but expires after 24 hours. It has diagrams and part numbers which made it pretty easy to find what i needed, then just quote that to gsf or wherever! simple

Back to the top
The old website wasn't great but the new one is shocking.

Back to the top
I think the new site could be much better but I agree it's crap at the moment.  Pictures of the part would be a start!

Back to the top
There are pictures of the parts, you need to click on the tab to show details.

Back to the top
Ah! Paul I sent you a PM the otherday...

Back to the top
I know…..do a search on here for "DVLA" and look to threads about 2-3 years old

Its under the "details" tab

Back to the top
After the massive fail the other day, felt it necessary to note the good service I received from GSF today. I needed a fuel pump relay quickly. Andrew Page who are closest didn't answer their phone. Next closest are GSF, so. I thought i'd give them another chance. Craig answered the phone at the Leeds East branch, found it straight away and had it in stock. When I went down it was different to mine. Despite the place being crazy busy he took the time to go through all the alternatives and check blueprints to make sure it was the right one. In the end we went with the first one, and it worked.

Very pleased with the result and the service today

Black Mk1 Golf GTi Cab

Back to the top

paul_c said

Its not too bad if you own a real Mk1.

Thats because they know you are gonna be one hell of a good customer..  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.