Skip navigation

safe fuel pump connection - S1 loom and CE2 fusebox

Back to the top

safe fuel pump connection - S1 loom and CE2 fusebox

well its either that or convert your whole care to CE2 wiring and then have a nightmare with S1 clocks etc

Back to the top
if you have the glass fusebox i recommend it gets binned at the earliest opportunity, its rubbish! the fusebox pin for the fuel pump burns out and the plugs have no clips so they just fall out. they can just about cope with k-jet but anything more advanced is a complete nightmare to get working on them.

you could use later mk1/cabby/rocco CE1 car loom, or go 1 better and splice in ce2 fusebox. its more work though! no need to really though, the CE1 fusebox is fine.

the k-jet relay i mention on the last page will work fine with carbs, just as long as you have a mk1 compatible rev counter signal, which you should if using kr managment.

you can also use a later mk2 digi/16v or mk3 67/80/167 fuel pump relay or even a std switched relay with the kr loom. run the red/yel wire from the ecu 2 pin plug and use it as the relay earth, and the ign live input and output wires as per std switched live relay

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
cool - that sounds like the way forward then. with my s1 rear and dashboard looms, I will use the ce1 fuse board, coupled with a modified kr ignition loom to fit the same and a new fuel pump relay wired as per Lee's information:

relay pin ————————– connection

30 ————————— Terminal 30/H on the fusebox

31 ————————— the earth spider above the fusebox

15 —————————- pin 15 on the ignition switch

87 —————————– to the red/yellow +12v to pump

31b —————————— to the coil pin 1

Lee-dub - i am following you down the s1 route with ce1 board - just a different engine… hope to see you at a meet in near future.
Rubjonny - definitely have a few beer tokens for you and Lee in my pocket……..

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.

Back to the top
To be honest everything I know I have learnt through a combination of studying the haynes/my own messing about with the looms and everything that Rubjohnny has told me….

Its easy once you click how it works, look at the haynes wiring diagram…
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.