Skip navigation

Our first Golf...

Back to the top

Our first Golf...

Side cables E Bay £5.00
Splits and tears are not good.
If the cables are not snapped the hood may of shrunk, causing the pulling up of the cables.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
It maybe the hood and not the cables themselves.
I believe I sent you plenty of information on the hoods too.
Are the seats grey to match the hood?
These were available in different colour combinations, example blue seats and hood.

Back to the top
Thanks for all the help guys… I will try again as I still haven't had a chance to take a picture!

We found the part that fell off for starters. My other half said she heard a noise driving along but didn't see anything in the mirror so didn't stop. It's the headlamp glass. If that still isn't good enough, I will get a picture tomorrow at some point.

The tear is about 2-3 cm long and is on the first layer only. The water runs down the passenger window.

Chortle - Yeah you sent me ALOT of stuff I need to go back through haha.. I will have a look again and get in touch with the place in Norwich. The interior is grey. Grey seats and carpets. We want Recaro's from a sportline or similar though :(

Back to the top
Ive read a lot lately that peoples glass lense has fallen off.

Not sure if you can buy just the lense.

I would have thought its going to be a new light.

Back to the top
The headlamp glass, bloody hell, thats not good, think you will need complete replacements as Bignorm says as they shouldnt be able to come apart! I replaced my inner lamps as mine were really badly fogged and looked proper crap….and I know where there was a full sportline interior for sale a few months back, …FUNKSTAR who is on here, but he wants £800 for it, at least he did last time I asked…but it does include the carpet etc as well………

Back to the top
I think it could probably do with a set of 4 lights as one of the smaller ones is cracked and they are all a little dull. Could do with nice clear ones.

Quick question again… On the little trip computer thing, what sort of temperature should the oil be at once the car is warm?

Back to the top
You have Reccaro seats in already, just different to the sportline.
You can get the reccaro seats off E bay, but you would need to fab up new bases to fit the golf.
Difficult getting the same material to retrim a rear bench and door cards, unless you have the whole lot redone so it matches.
Unless you are good at that sort of thing a Pro Trimmer would be looking a grand plus.
A Sportline interior is expensive as already stated.

Back to the top
Cheers Chortle, you did tell me the rough costs in the PM before. The seats are fine really. just getting ahead of myself really!

Any ideas on the oil temp?

Back to the top
Nothing wrong with having plans fella.
It's budget dependent, buying a good solid car engine and body is a good start, the rest will come in time.

Shame to mod it really, very few original factory standard one about I guess. Mind you if you keep all the original bits you take off should you decide to sell you could always have the option to go back to original.

Back to the top
Well I agree that it deserves to be kept as original as possible, but we have both wanted a mk1 for ages.

I can't see us wanting a cheaper one to modify so this might be our only chance. To be honest, budget isn't too restricted but it will take time.

If I did ANYTHING to it, we would definitely be keeping all original parts. I just don't see us selling it :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.