Skip navigation

1982 Golf Cabby, saved from the crusher

Back to the top

1982 Golf Cabby, saved from the crusher

Dano said

Those wind breaks are really good!!!

And being a but of a Magpie, will you be re-using the towbar? First dibs if not!!!!

ok no probs i think il keep it if i ever need to tow anything its there aint it also im gonna have to weld the brackets up that hold the bumper on for small.bumpers aint i?

Back to the top

Phataz1 said

Well done on saving it from rusting away dude, definitely looks well worth saving 8)  A couple of new panels and some paint and it'll be sweet! Thats what most mk1s need anyway so its no more work than usual :D

Arun

thanks mate im looking forward to the rebuild

Back to the top
and thanks for the info on that bob

Back to the top

Took the wings off today and still looking quite solid, just a little welding needed up front

Back to the top
made a start on the rust tonight

before

after

shes getting more stripped bit by bit, lost the bonnet tonight

and behind the garage is starting to look like a junk yard :rolleyes:

Back to the top

Fresh Rust Paint first few coats on B)

still need to get rid of the rest of the rust and coat it with fresh paint… im getting there

Back to the top

new door

Done most of the front now, needs some slight welding doing mind

Back to the top
Keep the pics coming in as you go gona watch this one :)
Theres a cabby being broken here in Rishton if you need any bits :dontknow:

Back to the top

andybury said

Keep the pics coming in as you go gona watch this one :)
Theres a cabby being broken here in Rishton if you need any bits :dontknow:

yes im interested, is it on a scrappy?

Back to the top
A yard/garage on Walmsley Street Rishton.Turn right after the Walmsley Arms go right to the end onto unmetaled road and theres a yard full of cars (various) on the right .its a yellow cabby partly stripped.

Back to the top
ahhhh ive been told about this one by someone at tatton,i think theres one wing left on it, il bob up for a look

thanks!

Back to the top
Can't be much left on that yellow car now! DjEv and I have picked over it!!!  :lol:

The engine has gone, the roof is through and the interior is wet so it'll need some handy work to dry it all out.

Just looking at this picture….

Seems a bit early for the polisher to be out!!!  :mrgreen:

Good effort Ste, its coming on quicker than I imagined.  :wink:

Back to the top
Theres also a complete tin tip 1.1 further on at Altham.If you go on towards Clayton-Le-Moors through the lights and up the hill 2nd roundabout turn right onto Moorfield Ind Est but dont go to the breakers yards but turn down to the left where the boat yard is next to the canal its there blue "x" reg 3 door 1.1 complete.

Back to the top
bloody ell whats happening with that?

he breaking it?

Back to the top
also im gonna cut the roll bar out and make it removable, and try and get the rear wind downs to wind lower

Back to the top

Ste-9n3 said

bloody ell whats happening with that?

he breaking it?
I have no idea it looks a long abandond project,had some wings thrown at it and a sill sort of stitched on.Loads more to weld yet and its been stood there months now with some old house hold radiators cobbed in it (like its gona be weighed in would be easy for the scrap men to lift as you can drive right up to it.Shame as there will be many usefull bits on it as well.

Back to the top
decide to make another start on my cabby

plans are to cut the roof bar out and make it removable, then modify the rear windows so they wind all the way down!

Removed the Cabrio roof

Also the sump seems to be touching the flywheel!

Just trying to get at the starter motor as its an Auto! so its under the exhaust manifold!

Back to the top
nice to see another northern mk1. thats a nice find mate. same color as mine and the hood seems in good nick too. hows work coming along?

Back to the top
oh and more more thing seen as your all around blackburn. my cabby is having probs with carb gasket or fueling and i need a new hood, can anyone help. sorry for crashin mate but not having much luck on parts wanted section

Back to the top
Not much to be honest mate! been spending more time on my Bora at the moment really :?

you should sign up to Unphased (un-phased.co.uk) blackburn and preston area club
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.