Skip navigation

mk1 clutch HELP!

Back to the top

mk1 clutch HELP!

sweet. thank you very much.
i did look at the bottom of the box and it is 2Y. Ive got the flywheel to go with it so ill get looking for the clutch.
Thanks again.

Back to the top
yup thats a 16v box alright :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
And the engine code for the mk2 1.8 16v would be KR yes?
cheers

Back to the top
does anyone know if the flywheel to go with the mk2 golf gti bolts onto the engine and the clutch is built on top or does it go over the clutch?
cheers

Back to the top
aye kr.

the pressure plate bolts to the crank, then the release plate, then the large circlip. then you hold the friction disc in place, finally you bolt the flywheel on top.  you have to hold the friction disc roughly in place till the bolts are slightly tight, then line it up by eye centrally.  dont worry about getting it 100% spot on, it just needs to be close enough that the box fits the engine. as soon as you press the clutch pedal it will self-centre :)

dont forget to give the pp spring fingers and the friction disc spline a light coat of grease.
the release plate springs put a very light coat of lm grease, same with the nipple in the middle of the release plate. the clutch friction disc needs special grease which is included in the sachs clutch kit. put a light coat on the input shaft on the box as well, place the friction disc on the splines then wipe off the excess

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
thank you very much.
much appreciated.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.