Skip navigation

AGGIE the RAT mk1

Back to the top

Subtle Madness. RAT mk1

Cheers dude. Im so glad i bought it. Its had some major work done though to get it to daily driver status :p
She'll be sitting on stretched rubber by the end of the week :)

Back to the top
here's a sneak peak of the wheels :P should get them on before end of the week

Back to the top
Wheels on. Arches rolled. And some 10mm spacers to spice things up :p

Back to the top
that looks wicked :) wellers?

mwalker

Back to the top
Nice car dude, you seem to have an eye for the rat look, Ive not really seen too many rat look mk1's.
Ive gone for the one rusty pannel, a rack and some moon discs, what you think Mr rat king!!  :D
Keep up the good work.

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
Looks good mate! Love the rat look, like someone before said, the best rat cars are seriously clean inside and knackered on the outside!

Keep up the good work though!

8)

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
Loving this thread man! Keep up the good work!

Back to the top
I must admit that when I saw the pic of the rims on their own, I didn't like them. Then when I saw them fitted, changed my mind! It looks proper mean now, and i'm defo a fan now :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Thanks everyone :)
Im pleased with the way its going now.
Just need to sort out my "two tone" and the interior then sort out getting an engine converstion :)

Back to the top
so yeah i've had some bad times lately :(

got broken into, headunit stolen, steering hole in the door

got all of that fixed fine and dandy

and then this happened after 2 hours of motorway driving, 20 mins from home.

had fun with the AA man jacking it up and just managed to get it home, doesnt seem to be any major damage and the tracking is still fine….

Back to the top
what happened to the pineapple?

Back to the top

Re: Subtle Madness. RAT mk1

Connor_bristow said

hello
i know that the rat look is not for everyone but i like it and for those who do here is mine:

i've recently purchaced this 1983 vw golf CL, as soon as i saw it i fell in love. which was quite strange seing that i would have never thought i'd be driving something like this

having a mini as a project in the garage i knew straight away i wanted my minilites on the golf
unfortunetly it turns out i need spacers for the front as they hit the callipers on the inside of the spokes, but i'm quite happy with the look with just the rear.

as you can see ive stripped the rack ready to be taken off.
the roof is painted brown, so im going to remove some paint, and see what happens.

let the rust begin !!

the roof will end up mostly like this

so what do you think ?

any suggestions or advice will be appreciated :)

Cool ride  :D

Back to the top
Well the roof-rack and pineapple is at home due to using the motorway alot latey :p

Back to the top
Well the roof-rack and pineapple is at home due to using the motorway alot latey :p

Back to the top
dude what happened did your wheel come off or something?? thats mad, but stop swearing love your car mate the florecent orange wheels are a class act!!! was gunna say glad my splitter went to a good home lol.

Back to the top
Can anyone point me in the right direction ? I need some longer wheel bolts

Back to the top
yeah i have some mate but for only 2 wheels??

Back to the top
Just go to ebay and type in vw long wheel bolts :) 1.99 each and 99p P&P for however many you want!

Back to the top

All new wheel bolts. Still doesnt feel right. Definetly need to sort out some spiggot rings

Back to the top
The orange looks bang on man :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.