Skip navigation

Dirty Great Big List of "To-Do's" - much advice pl

Back to the top

Made a start

Dirty Great Big List of "To-Do's" - much advice pl

Hi, Ive gone and got all the brakes from Euro car parts tonight and made a start, taken apart the front brakes and found that one side the nipple has broken off, so does that mean I need new calipers as well as the already purchased discs and pads????

Im in Cottered mate, not far from Baldock (im in st albans tomorrow), I'd love some help, got landlord back on saturday so am desperate to get it off the drive before they are back!

Got most parts and most tools, just need guidance as I am guessing everything im doing even witht he Haynes manual, total beginner!

I have got virtually everything on the list at the top of the thread, £360 worth which is pretty darn reasonable! Just scratching my head now!!

Back to the top
As long as you can get the old nipple out with molegrips or worse case drill it you shouldn't need a new caliper.

Nice one on the parts, hope they gave you a discount Any more advice needed just holla. :)

Back to the top
have sent you a PM back mate

1987 Caddy 1.6Turbo Diesel-GTD :D
Instagram:  Cavscp

Back to the top
Hi gang, had another look tonight and am chewing over the whole caliper situation, hoping to get some second hand ones, mine are pretty rough. :(

Fuel leak is coming from small bit of pipe connected to the fuel regulator near the rear wheel, it looks like its all been bodged, got weird connector and jubilee clips galore, need to get some new pipe tomorrow hopefully, not sure if you purchase that whole section with new regultor? :?

Pick up all my other new parts tomorrow, so gonna crack on with water pump, cam belt kit, gear linkage, cambelt kit, wheel bearings etc etc etc. :lol:

Had some really generous offers of help locally and very greatful, hoping to go to RTTS 11, 3rd in a row! 8)

Interview for new job tomorrow, another thing I need luck for, need it just to finance the golf! :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.