Skip navigation

Club Display...

Back to the top

Club Display...

I think Chris what you dont realise is how insulted some of us feel to be blunt.  Maybe now I wont go on a club stand again seeing as my car is not up to standard and I feel pretty embarassed that I actually thought I could represent my club in this way.   Anyone want to buy a crap MK1 cabby? :cry:

Back to the top
Why, have you bought another one that needs doing up ?

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
i think GHIA is being sarcastic lol

But GHIA you shouldnt feel embarassed you should be proud with what you have, even mine isnt great but i love it n that is the only thing that counts not what anybody else thinks :mrgreen:

You can represent your club no matter what your car is like look at the state of some of those campers at the weekend, it just proves it doesnt have to be like an ultimate dub show where everything has to be prim and propper it can be how ever you want your car to be and what ever makes you happy :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
You missed my sarcasm then !!!!!
Hazel's car is superb, there would be room on any stand for it :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
ha ye sorry mate i must of missed it lol

Banner

Back to the top

dubgolf2010 said

i think GHIA is being sarcastic lol

But GHIA you shouldnt feel embarassed you should be proud with what you have, even mine isnt great but i love it n that is the only thing that counts not what anybody else thinks :mrgreen:

You can represent your club no matter what your car is like look at the state of some of those campers at the weekend, it just proves it doesnt have to be like an ultimate dub show where everything has to be prim and propper it can be how ever you want your car to be and what ever makes you happy :mrgreen:

That is exactlty how I feel too. It takes a lot of time to keep your car on the road whether it's mint or not.
I spent ages doing the stone chips on my car on Saturday, when you do lots of miles that's what you get AND I did a 4 mile trip just to buy some tyre shine on Sat morning, that's me being a saddo.
I'm also from the VW Split Screen Club, and as pointed out it doen't matter if it's concours or a wreck on wheels, your welcome. Everyone is in it for the love of their car and to meet great, like minded folks.
I think the comments about flyers and literature on the stand is a fair point, but to say we made no effort with our cars!

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Looking at the photos put up I think everyones car looks spot on.

Back to the top
I think this has run it s course now.

Chris, I think you made one or two valid points and as already mentioned one is being discussed in Committee.

However overall I can't agree with your general thrust. That being said, it's your view and I respect that. All I would say though is that a little more tact may of seen a better response from people who had made an effort to represent our club with their pride and joy.

T
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.