Skip navigation

Club Display...

Back to the top

Club Display...

8O Best let Corkygolf know about the 'polishing' of cars etc….. some of them 20k plus splitty's were vvvvvvvvvery rusty  :oops:

I think we did a 'natural rota' of the stand,with a few staying / taking a look around the show quite well. I was approached many times while at the stand about many things, if i was unsure ………….i pointed to the best man to reply (Gammy !)

Best hope for rain next time,clear away all that dust……….

:whiteflag:  :whiteflag:

:dontknow:

Banner

Back to the top

daz1971 said

8O Best let Corkygolf know about the 'polishing' of cars etc….. some of them 20k plus splitty's were vvvvvvvvvery rusty  :oops:

Best hope for rain next time,clear away all that dust……….

:whiteflag:  :whiteflag:

:imwithstupid:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
You lot could'nt of been in a less dusty place you could of just been cleaning
cars all day and not enjoying yourselves. I thought the cars looked great and
the people even better.  :lol:

Mark one golf gti cabby - SOLD
Mark five golf gttdi sport
Toyota hiace van!!!!
Splitty ;0)

Quality is worth every penny………………………..

Back to the top
Well, As I said I was sticking my neck out, and have sparked some debate.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick by the term "show standard" By that I was just saying a bit of tyre shine wouldn't have gone a miss, I didn't mean concours standard. That would be silly.

As for next event manager, not in this life, been there done that for several years. Don't have time for it now, I've 3 cars to keep clean  :lol:

Maybe I would get involved and attend shows if my car was on the road, but as it not playing ball at present, this won't be happening for the forseeable future. I know most of the cars present on sunday were in better condition than my car at present, however it is a longterm project. this doesn't stop me keeping all the plastics and tyres clean.

Diversity is needed to promote the club, but I just felt that other clubs seemed to be better presented and more proactive. I still stand by the point that the club need to promote it's self better, maybe then we wouldn't need to be asking for donations to keep servers running!!

Sorry If anyone has taken offence, but after all it is car show!  :)

Projekt Frustration :

White 1991 Clipper. Lowered over polished zender rims, Single 40 dellorto on lynx manifold, kent cam, full stainless 'zorst / manifold, powerflex bushed and braced. Not the fastest car, but sounds super nice!

Still going after 12 years… never said it was a quick fix! Time is not my friend.

Back to the top
i spent all day cleaning my car,dazzzzzzzzle polished the bbq,i spent 60 quid on the bbq making it safe to tow up the motorway,i paid for all the charcoal,the cooking trays,the food was brought by us all,and we had a great time,i love stanford hall and wouldnt miss it for anything,
Thanks to everyone who attended,Sir gammy for organising,anna for cakes,me for cooking and smelling of fat,and the cars that showed,
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
As for 20k splitty's looking rusty, That is very much part of the van scene, most of them are original cal imports and a lot of time is put in to keep them lookin that way, think they use oil rather than polish tho…

Projekt Frustration :

White 1991 Clipper. Lowered over polished zender rims, Single 40 dellorto on lynx manifold, kent cam, full stainless 'zorst / manifold, powerflex bushed and braced. Not the fastest car, but sounds super nice!

Still going after 12 years… never said it was a quick fix! Time is not my friend.

Back to the top

GHIA said

R u buying?????  Seriously though mega flowered off about critism of our cars.  We try our best. :dontknow:

See you at the AGM.

T :wink:

Back to the top

chris-h said

I think you have the wrong end of the stick by the term "show standard" By that I was just saying a bit of tyre shine wouldn't have gone a miss, I didn't mean concours standard. That would be silly.

Perhaps a apology to those who did make an effort, even if they did not meet your standards would not go a miss.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Already said that! But you obviously didn't read that bit.

Anyhow, I've said my bit now.

Projekt Frustration :

Back to the top

Bert said

i spent all day cleaning my car,dazzzzzzzzle polished the bbq,i spent 60 quid on the bbq making it safe to tow up the motorway,i paid for all the charcoal,the cooking trays,the food was brought by us all,and we had a great time,i love stanford hall and wouldnt miss it for anything,
Thanks to everyone who attended,Sir gammy for organising,anna for cakes,me for cooking and smelling of fat,and the cars that showed,
Bert

Hey Bert, The BBQ is genius and it attracted far more interest than any of our cars. It must be the most photographed out of all of them!
Cooked great food too.

Annax

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

chris-h said

Already said that! But you obviously didn't read that bit.

Anyhow, I've said my bit now.

I've raised this in the Committee section and I will be taking steps to address one of your points personally so it's not all lost.

T

Back to the top
Some interesting points made.

Flyers are a god source of info re the club and usually we have some for the AGM at least on the stand.

Just wondering, was it windy where you guys were? It was on Anglesey so flyers would have lived up to their name!!!!!

Back to the top

Dano said

Flyers are a god source of info re the club and usually we have some for the AGM at least on the stand.

Just wondering, was it windy where you guys were? It was on Anglesey so flyers would have lived up to their name!!!!!

It was windy yesterday  :P

Had no flyers or calling cards left, most the literature I have (there isn't much) was in the other Mk1

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Dano said

It was windy yesterday  :P

Had no flyers or calling cards left, most the literature I have (there isn't much) was in the other Mk1

This is something we will have to look at and get sorted we do need calling cards etc on the stand so any interested parties passing can get information on the club and the car.

Like Tian said this is now a topic in the committee section so we can have a look at what needs doing and get it sorted

cheers Chris-h for bringing this up this is the kind of feed back and input we need to improve the site, club we tend to get complacent if we are not careful so debates like this are always welcome.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Ok. I knew that some people would take offense by my post, mainly anyone who had a car there, but It was not  meant in a nasty way

You may think I'm "missing the point of mk1 ownership", however that is your opinon on why you own a mk1

If you put your car forward to show it, you can't expect everyone to like it and say nice things all the time, yeah, everyone made an effort, never said they didn't. I have been near my car at Elsecar Mege meet and seen/heard people pulling apart, that's just the way life is.

I was trying to help the club move forward by voicing an opinon, if I thought it, then I'm sure other would have too, the main difference is I am a club member and had the balls to say it.

Projekt Frustration :

Back to the top

Re: Club Display...

chris-h said

everyone made an effort, never said they didn't

you might not of said they didn't but you did imply it

i think this is the comment that has upset the people who took there cars and organized things

chris-h said

Secondly, the presentation of the cars left a bit to be desired, no one looked to have preped thier car to "show standard", a bit of tyre shine and back to black wouldn't have gone a miss  8O

Banner

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

Bert said

Bert

Hey Bert, The BBQ is genius and it attracted far more interest than any of our cars. It must be the most photographed out of all of them!
Cooked great food too.

Annax

Thanks Anna  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
As long as every one had fun (Hopefully Every one)

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

As long as every one had fun (Hopefully Every one)

Everyone on the stand enjoyed themselves, and to be honest, they were the people who put the time in for the club, it's their opinion that matters because if they dont enjoy they wont come back on club stand again.  I cannot tell you how many people who came up and said how good the stand looked there were quite a lot , however one person doesn't like it and it becomes an enquiry  :dontknow:

If someone wishes to run a stand in the manner Chris suggests, then great, good for them…….but I've used same format at numerous shows and has won us a few Best Club displays  :wink:

Back to the top
i totally agree with jellybellys comment

"you might not of said they didn't but you did imply it

"Secondly, the presentation of the cars left a bit to be desired, no one looked to have preped thier car to "show standard", a bit of tyre shine and back to black wouldn't have gone a miss"

I spent a full two days cleaning my mk1 inside and out before the show on sunday and yes it may not be the best of the bunch but boy am i pround of it and the only reason i spent two days on it, was so that when i arrived there i only had to give it a quick once over n being right next to ROD (road of dust) the last thing i want to do is spend all day cleaning it and not take any time to speak and get to know everyone as the people there were great and look forward to seeing them all again at AGM. I made that mistake last time with my previous project car (MK4 GOLF GTI) at donnington a few years ago. I spent thousands on it, wheels, full leather retrim, a full ICE system the whole shbang and all i did all day was clean it from dust and id sort of forgot i went with 20 other people n at the end of the day they said to me "where have you been all day". So obviously i had missed a whole day then n thought what a waste id missed all of the drifting on the track and loads of other things n the only positive that came from that day was being runner up for Best ICE ( a 206 gti beat me to it), n then again i dint spend any time cleaning the inside and still come runner up lol. i have only owned my mk1 now for nearly just a year, and have not had much time and money to get rid of all the little rust spots and stone chips but hey i drive that car every were it has been up and the M6 so many times i have lost count and to keep getting rid of the chips here and there from daily driving would cost me an arm and a leg and for you "chris_c" to pick only one show where everyone dint put a bit of black to black on our wheels is a bit harsh really as your golf inst even on the road!!. Maybe when it is up and running you can show us how you think it should be done hey.

And for everyone at the show it was very nice to meet you all (a great bunch of people) i had a fantastic day even if i was a bit hung over from binge drinking on saturday n couldnt manage a burger n hotdog from bbq lol but will defo be reet for AGM :mrgreen:

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.