Skip navigation

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

Back to the top

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

bazmk1 said

Back to the future

Just had a 1980s moment , flying across the Kessock bridge with status quo playing on my 1980s radio with a old skool RSturbo in front . ye ha  :mrgreen:  . also a 21st century seat cupra r joined in

baz

And an brown Austin allegro

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

bazmk1 said

Back to the future

Just had a 1980s moment , flying across the Kessock bridge with status quo playing on my 1980s radio with a old skool RSturbo in front . ye ha  :mrgreen:  . also a 21st century seat cupra r joined in

baz

And an brown Austin allegro

what do you mean ? did i pass a choclate brown allegro ?
baz

Back to the top
I hope so they were so slow especially when my dad drove ours!

Back to the top
Hi

just bumping the post through the system again
anyone else interested ? will have to fill the form in soon ( late entrys are more than welcome , but knockhill will have to allow for the approx space so we can park up together )

Dont really want to say this but i will  -
down south they have huge Mk1 meets with lots of people posting with ethusisam & interest , up in scotland most People dont commit until they No what the weather going na be like etc , pretty rubbish to be honest? Cant really organise MK1 Meets at big events in this way , i did think about a meet at the biggest event going in Scotland at glamis but they need to know exact numbers months before the event .
I have commited to this meet no matter what the weather & also working it round my Work so please max effort guys/girls & of course keeping my MK1 running is also a slight worry when you organise a Meet months before hand.
rant over

looking forward to the meet
cheers
baz

Back to the top
Baz

As far as I can be certain mate I am coming unless something untoward comes up  :wink:

Cheers Chris

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

Dont really want to say this but i will  -
down south they have huge Mk1 meets with lots of people posting with ethusisam & interest , up in scotland most People dont commit until they No what the weather going na be like etc , pretty rubbish to be honest? Cant really organise MK1 Meets at big events in this way , i did think about a meet at the biggest event going in Scotland at glamis but they need to know exact numbers months before the event .
I have commited to this meet no matter what the weather & also working it round my Work so please max effort guys/girls & of course keeping my MK1 running is also a slight worry when you organise a Meet months before hand.
rant over

To be honest, most, if not all people who have shown interest in this meet arent frequent posters anyway so there will be less posts in this thread in general. Im not driving my golfs just now so Im not even on here very often but Im still going to the meet.

All forums are different and you find that the meet threads that have the most banter are ones filled with frequent posters, ones for meets which have been going a long time or ones where people have met each other lots of times. The scottish meets havent been going very long really? They are just picking up. And theres less of us.

I started a post on the mk1 polo club about meets in Scotland and guess how many replies I got? 1. And now its dead. You could say its because theres only 80 odd mk1 polos left on uk roads but the forum is pretty quite compared to this one in general

Could be worse couldnt it? :)

Anyway Im also looking forward to the meet whatever the weather

Back to the top
we will not be able to make it down in the clipper as wont be finished had no time due to exams :( but hoping to come down for the day anyway to see all the cars and have a look at the mk1s so probably see you there but wont be coming as part of the club sorry

Russell

Back to the top
hi

yip , its a catch 22 situation , if people continually don't make a effort its starts a vicious circle for everyone thinking there is no point in going . I am pretty passionate about the mk1 golf & not to have 1 or 2 Local-ish meets a year to speak to other enthusiasts about there experience in owning a  MK1 Golf would be dissappointing.

baz

Back to the top

wormitcabby said

we will not be able to make it down in the clipper as wont be finished had no time due to exams :( but hoping to come down for the day anyway to see all the cars and have a look at the mk1s so probably see you there but wont be coming as part of the club sorry

Russell

no problem
thanks for letting us no
cheers

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Baz

As far as I can be certain mate I am coming unless something untoward comes up  :wink:

Cheers Chris

8)
thanks for the update , hope to see you there or at the broxden services in the morning
are you travelling from belguim the night before?

Back to the top
Please amend/edit the list
im going na fill the form in & list the possible late entrys as well , just to make sure the space is there for them , last year we entered four cars & there was probably only a space for 2 late entrys parked next to us . The best bet for late entrys would be to travel in the gates with us .

bazmk1 - going
stretch - going
ross_m - going
Massbad69 - going
thefox - possible late entry?is your motor on the road?
DuncsMk1 - going
MK1Allan - possible late entry
dubhighland  - possible late entry ?
Scooblitz -
bawbag  - possible late entry
weejoe - going
eck - possible late entry
daveyboy - possible late entry

Wormitcabby - ( car wont be ready,but still going to say hello )

Back to the top
bazmk1 - going
stretch - not going - due back overseas 28th July
ross_m - going
Massbad69 - going
thefox - possible late entry?is your motor on the road?
DuncsMk1 - going
dubhighland - possible late entry ?
Scooblitz -
bawbag - possible late entry
weejoe - going

Baz

Updated above. I am still planning on going to Glamis with the MK1. Not showing it tho.

Am also going down to the AGM again this year. Is anyone else thinking about the heading down from Scotland?

Cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
hi stretch

thanks for letting us no , i have joined the  SVVC club at Glamis , long story but my car wasnt old enough to be entered as a individual entry so the SVVC club let me join there stand
cheers
baz

also thinking about the AGM , if i do go it will be a last min thing , 440miles in a MK1 on A roads & motorways just not sure.

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

hi stretch

thanks for letting us no , i have joined the  SVVC club at Glamis , long story but my car wasnt old enough to be entered as a individual entry so the SVVC club let me join there stand
cheers
baz

also thinking about the AGM , if i do go it will be a last min thing , 440miles in a MK1 on A roads & motorways just not sure.

No worries Baz

Should see you at Glamis for a blether. Yeh it a fair trek for you. There was a guy who came down form Tain last year but he did stop off overnight half way. You would really enjoy the weekend if you decide to go.

cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
I'm not going to make it down :x

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

Massbad69 said

Baz

Cheers Chris

8)
thanks for the update , hope to see you there or at the broxden services in the morning
are you travelling from belguim the night before?

Coming to the Broxden, actually getting home from Belgium on the Friday I think and I have a party on the Sat night which I have still to work out for the morning after bit ??

My wife and 2 kids might come, they will decide at the time prob, hope its just the kids  :wink:

Cheers Chris

Back to the top
New list

bazmk1 - going
ross_m - going
Massbad69 - going
DuncsMk1 - going
dubhighland  - possible late entry ?
Scooblitz -
bawbag  - possible late entry
weejoe - going

Back to the top
hi

thats the form sent with the list above inc the possible late entrys.  8)

cheers
baz

PS i am going to the AGM on sunday only , make sure to say hello if you see what you think is a look-a-like bazmk1 ( no it will be bazmk1  :lol: )
also going to glamis this weekend , again say hello if you see me.

Back to the top
Hi Baz,

I had my car on their stand last year to.  It'll be good for another Mk1 on display this year.

I'm planning on heading down on Sunday afternoon for a few hours so shall see you there.

I tried to text you but no reply? same number?

Cheers,

S.

Back to the top

S84 said

Hi Baz,

I had my car on their stand last year to.  It'll be good for another Mk1 on display this year.

I'm planning on heading down on Sunday afternoon for a few hours so shall see you there.

I tried to text you but no reply? same number?

Cheers,

S.

hi
nice one
i am there for 2 days , i think sunday will be the best for weather .
cheers
baz

pm sent
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.