Skip navigation

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

Back to the top

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

Hmm never crossed my mind before but the stand is the "mk1 golf owners club" isnt it? I might just stick a golf badge over the polo badge on the boot. Do you think they will notice?  :lol:

Back to the top

ross_m said

Hmm never crossed my mind before but the stand is the "mk1 golf owners club" isnt it? I might just stick a golf badge over the polo badge on the boot. Do you think they will notice?  :lol:

stand ? what stand ? its just a stick stuck in the ground saying mk1s park here  :lol: somebody tripped over it last year & that was the end of our Club Stick

Back to the top
Oh yeah your right, I suppose its not very official then is it :lol: I shall not worry

Back to the top
hi

a bit of topic
my mk1 flew through its MOT today  :cheer:
With my- re-gained confidence on working on old cars. I am also seriously thinking about buying a MK2 8v gti as well to run through the winter months.
cheers
baz

Back to the top
Good stuff about MOT, get a mk2 16v for the winter, then next spring put the 16v in the mk1  :lol:

16v mk1s are awesome  8)

Cant wait to get mine out!

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top

MK1Allan said

Good stuff about MOT, get a mk2 16v for the winter, then next spring put the 16v in the mk1  :lol:

16v mk1s are awesome  8)

Cant wait to get mine out!

Hi
is the 16v going na make a appearance at knockhill , might be getting my 8v as soon as next week yip 16v is very tempting but i know a lot more about the workings of the 8v & its probably cheaper to run
cheers
baz

Back to the top
yeah hope to come along with the 16v, but I still have a few bit and bobs to do to it but all the wind and rain is putting me off  :evil:

Not got much to do so should make it  8)

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top

ross_m said

Cheers for the PM Barry. I'll definitely be going. I'll be in this. Dont shoot me

Hopefully the weather will be just as good as last year!

Love this polo. Although i think id try and make it the audi 50…parts are as rare as hens teeth im sure?

Im just about to embark on my first mk1 project however i doubt ill be ready in time for the meet so ill pencil it into the diary.

Back to the top
hi

what about a vw polo pick-up ?  :eh:

Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK.

baz

Back to the top
hi
some photos  :drool:

first photo is a Run with car club i am member of / others are from a classic car event from aberdeen

Back to the top
Hi, I'll try and make it up from Edinburgh, went to this before and its a really good day, even better if the weathers spot on.

Cheers,

Pete

Back to the top

bawbag said

Hi, I'll try and make it up from Edinburgh, went to this before and its a really good day, even better if the weathers spot on.

Cheers,

Pete

good stuff

hope you can make it , it would be nice if we get a Good turn out of mk1s .

cheers
barry

Back to the top
am coming

jj weir

Back to the top

Scooblitz said

Love this polo. Although i think id try and make it the audi 50…parts are as rare as hens teeth im sure?

Im just about to embark on my first mk1 project however i doubt ill be ready in time for the meet so ill pencil it into the diary.

Thanks, seems to turn a lot of heads! Yeah audi 50 parts are hard to find. There was a grill badge on ebay for about £100 alone. How much do you have to do to get your mk1 ready?

bazmk1 said

hi

what about a vw polo pick-up ?  :eh:

Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK.

baz

Thats the best attempt at a pick up conversion Ive seen for a while! I like it.

Back to the top
Good to see theres quite a few people planning on going

Made a quick list for people to add their names to. Feel free to edit

bazmk1
stretch
ross_m
Wormitcabby  (maybe)
Massbad69  (maybe)
thefox
DuncsMk1
MK1Allan  (maybe)
dubhighland  (maybe)
Scooblitz
bawbag  (maybe)
weejoe

Back to the top
Made a quick list for people to add their names to. Feel free to edit

bazmk1
stretch
ross_m
Wormitcabby  (maybe)
Massbad69  (maybe)
thefox
DuncsMk1
MK1Allan  (maybe)
dubhighland  (maybe)
Scooblitz
bawbag  (maybe)
weejoe
eck (maybe)

Back to the top
nice one ross
thanks for starting the list

i have just being for a blast in my MK1 being nursing it along a lot lately but i just thought sod it  , O sugar its just dawned on me i still have 3 huge bags of cat litter in the boot oops  o well didnt make any difference to the handling.

cheers
baz

Back to the top
Looks like I will make it as I get home on the Saturday night / Sunday morning after driving all the way home from Belgium ( not in the mk1 ) so if I am feeling fresh enough I will be there.  :)

Back to the top
hi

anyone else fancy a run up to John O Groats on the 20th july or meeting this dude on his journey.
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=102466&start=15

cheers
baz

Back to the top
Back to the future

Just had a 1980s moment , flying across the Kessock bridge with status quo playing on my 1980s radio with a old skool RSturbo in front . ye ha  :mrgreen:  . also a 21st century seat cupra r joined in

baz
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.