Skip navigation

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

Back to the top

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

Might come along this year, need to get the golf out soon  8)

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
8) hi
looks like we are going na get a good turn out  8)
was at a classic car event up near me yesterday , 3 very nice mk1s turned up & me  :dance:

Back to the top

ross_m said

Cheers. Its not mint, it does need work but I love it. Wheels are temporary before swapping to splits I think. Although the red wheels look better than I expected them to against the green.

Good to hear yours will be back out. What wheels are you running now. I think you sold your classics?

Still though, it looks like it's a good find. I'm such a fan of the older polos. there's another guy on here with a dark green one that you've probably seen. So nice. Aaaw splittys yeah? What ones you going for? D'you know or..?

Yeeah man so glad it's running again. It's just stiing on G60's right now but I'm hoping to get something new pretty soon. Yeeah sold the classics. Seen them the other day on a polo and they've been destroyed. Every wheel has been curbed. Not good.

Mk1 Golf 1983 1.5 GX

Back to the top
What event was it Barry because I saw a few classics and an army jeep the other day and assumed there was some kind of show on...

Back to the top

DuncsMk1 said

ross_m said

Cheers. Its not mint, it does need work but I love it. Wheels are temporary before swapping to splits I think. Although the red wheels look better than I expected them to against the green.

Good to hear yours will be back out. What wheels are you running now. I think you sold your classics?

Still though, it looks like it's a good find. I'm such a fan of the older polos. there's another guy on here with a dark green one that you've probably seen. So nice. Aaaw splittys yeah? What ones you going for? D'you know or..?

Yeeah man so glad it's running again. It's just stiing on G60's right now but I'm hoping to get something new pretty soon. Yeeah sold the classics. Seen them the other day on a polo and they've been destroyed. Every wheel has been curbed. Not good.

Yeah it was a good find. Glad I bit the bullet and bought it as I doubt I'll ever find another manilla green/tan interior one (favourite color scheme :) ) I saw the dark green one, its a lovely car. Theres a gambia red one in Perth aswell but I've not seen it for a while

I have a set of 3 piece compomotives about as old as the polo I might put on it. I was saving them for the s1 but I hate that they are just sitting in boxes just now. They need to be used!

Theres something about 4 doors and g60's. They just look really good on them for some reason. Yeah your old classics are on a blue polo now are they not? It cant be easy keeping them off the pavement with that much poke though  8O

Im trying to shift a set of classics just now. Know anyone who wants some? They are silver and black like your old ones. 7's and 8's with worn tyres

Back to the top

ross_m said

What event was it Barry because I saw a few classics and an army jeep the other day and assumed there was some kind of show on…

hi
http://vintageforres.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1
it was great day i havnt being before , but would def go again , had a good yap about mk1s to a few enthusiasts
cheers
baz

Back to the top
Yeeah it looks so good mate. Aww really? That would be sweet. Yeah I know the feeling. Nothing worse than things just lying around that you really wanna use.

Yeeah it looks good on the G60's definitely but they're not what I want to be running. I'm still scouting around for something I like.

Yeah I sold the classics to an oldfriend then he sold the car on. Now it doesn't even move, it's just sat on a road in letham. Yeah I noticed you had some up for sale. I'll keep my ear to the ground for you mate.

Mk1 Golf 1983 1.5 GX

Back to the top
Really hope i can make this one as i missed it last year. Had the Mk1 out today and took a couple of pics. Thought i would share one:

Hopefully catch up with you's all soon.

Cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
^^ Looks mint as usual !

DuncsMk1 said

Yeeah it looks so good mate. Aww really? That would be sweet. Yeah I know the feeling. Nothing worse than things just lying around that you really wanna use.

Yeeah it looks good on the G60's definitely but they're not what I want to be running. I'm still scouting around for something I like.

Yeah I sold the classics to an oldfriend then he sold the car on. Now it doesn't even move, it's just sat on a road in letham. Yeah I noticed you had some up for sale. I'll keep my ear to the ground for you mate.

Someones supposed to be picking the classics up tomorrow so hopefully they will be gone. :) cheers though

Thought I'd put up a list of all the classic car shows coming up since this thread has eveyones attention.

Steam in the Park Balado Scotland   Date: 07 May 2011 End Date: 08/05/2011
Stirling and District Classic car show   Date: 15 May 2011 End Date: 15/05/2011
Scottish Motor Show   Date: 21 May 2011 End Date: 22/05/2011
Strathaven Lanarkshire Classic Car and Bike Show   Date: 22 May 2011 End Date: 22/05/2011
Thirlestane castle   Date: 04 June 2011 End Date: 05/06/2011
Moffat Car Rally   Date: 25 June 2011 End Date: 26/06/2011
Glamis Scottish Transport Extravaganza   Date: 09 July 2011 End Date: 10/07/2011
Crail Euro VW Track Day - 30/7/11
Crail Euro VW Drag Day - 31/7/31
Scottish Speedfair & Classic Festival- Sun 31st July -
Fife Association of Vintage Vehicle Owners Rally   Date: 20 August 2011 End Date: 21/08/2011
Banff Rotary Club Vintage show   Date: 28 August 2011 End Date: 28/08/2011
Grampian Museum Autojumble and vehicle sale   Date: 02 October 2011 End Date: 02/10/2011
Bo'ness Scotland Hill Climb Revival   Date: 11 September 2012 End Date: 12/09/2012

The first one Im going to is Stirling. Was great last year.

Back to the top
hi
strecth , nice photo , there cant many mars red campains left in that condition.

Ross
thanks for the list
i am booked into glamis as a individual entry for both days , anyone else wanting to go will need to get the forms filled in quick
baz

Back to the top

stretch said

Really hope i can make this one as i missed it last year. Had the Mk1 out today and took a couple of pics. Thought i would share one:

Cheers

Stretch

anymore photos :drool:

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

hi
strecth , nice photo , there cant many mars red campains left in that condition.

Ross
thanks for the list
i am booked into glamis as a individual entry for both days , anyone else wanting to go will need to get the forms filled in quick
baz

Thanks Baz. Took a run up to Braemar via the spittal yesterday. Forgot how good that road is. Loved it.

Can you put me down for Glamis for the Sunday please Baz? I should be home for this one. Went on the Sunday last year and it was a good day out.

Ross

Thanks for posting the events list. Am going to try and get along to Stirling on the 15th. Maybe see you there. Are you taking the Polo? It's looking sweet by the way. Not seen one of those on the road for a long time.

Cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

stretch said

Cheers

Stretch

anymore photos :drool:

Few more pics

Bought this thing a few months back. 3 points already! Not good.

Cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
hi

Eye TYE is a legend with all the film footage its had , that alone must add to its value
what is the silver thingy  :lol:

Glamis - form link on the left
http://www.svvc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=53

cheers
baz

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

hi

Eye TYE is a legend with all the film footage its had , that alone must add to its value
what is the silver thingy  :lol:

Glamis - form link on the left
http://www.svvc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=53

cheers
baz

Thanks Baz. Will get that form filled in and sent off.

I know. A Jap motor! Fancy doing a few track days in the future and with 320bhp this thing fits the bill.

cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
hi

was up in applecross today , think i will give my mk1 a rest for a few days , overtook a white van today & then i had slow down for about 10 miles of stone chips , well he didn't slow down & just covered me in chips  :banghead: im scared to look at the front . anyway apart from the 10miles of stonechips bothways some parts of the road are just in a unbelievable state , was in applecross 3 times last year & I don't recall the roads being that bad
On a positive note , the Bar lunch is excellant

Back to the top

ross_m said

Cheers for the PM Barry. I'll definitely be going. I'll be in this. Dont shoot me

Hopefully the weather will be just as good as last year!

Thats cool ross 8)  Ye fair find the cars, Think i might come down wi ye baz in either white un or the black un if i get a coat o paint on it 8)

Back to the top
hi

Dubhighland

that would be great  :D if you could make it

cheers
barry

Back to the top

Back to the top
hi

I Dont want to put anyone of , with to much information overall its a very relaxed day  :D , Im Just passing some info i have

inverness Tesco at inshes at 7:00
then meet at broxden roundabout at 9:00 ( they want us there before 10:00am  8O  )
Classic Cars & drivers are free  :D  ( passengers/pets/rubber dolls/rubber men are £5 ) - Pay on the day  8)
Late entrys are welcome on the day  :cheer:  ( prob make sense if you travel with the group so you get parked beside us  :wink:  )
The club entry form needs to filled In July with a few cars so they expect us  8O

cheers
baz
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.