Skip navigation

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

Back to the top

Knockhill Scottish speedfair & classic festival 2011 - m

Hi

I have being in touch with Knockhill & again we are very welcome to have a Meet at this event on the 31st July
I am keeping the post light hearted so please post about anything really so we can get a bit of Crack going before the Meet.
cheers
Barry

looking forward to a whole day yapping about old skool motors 8)  

http://www.knockhill.com/events/scottish-speedfair.php

inverness Tesco at inshes at 7:00
then meet at broxden roundabout at 9:00
Classic Cars & drivers are free ( passengers are £5)
Late entrys are welcome on the day ( prob best if you travel in with the group so you get parked with beside us )
The club entry form needs to filled In July with a few cars so they expect us

Back to the top
Hi Baz

Will definately come along to this if i'm home. Looks like a cracking day out.

cheers

Stretch

April 14, 2005

Back to the top
Thanks for the invite, my mk1 all doctored up now and going for an mot soon, dying to get it on the road now!!

Back to the top
Cheers for the PM Barry. I'll definitely be going. I'll be in this. Dont shoot me

Hopefully the weather will be just as good as last year!

Back to the top

ross_m said

Cheers for the PM Barry. I'll definitely be going. I'll be in this. Dont shoot me

Ross
i like it , a lot
memorys memorys , my first car was a VW derby  :) chocolate brown in colour ( polo with a boot )  :lol: lets not go there

Back to the top

stretch said

Hi Baz

Will definately come along to this if i'm home. Looks like a cracking day out.

cheers

Stretch

good stuff  8)
looks like it will be bigger than next year with rally section etc

Back to the top

thefox said

Thanks for the invite, my mk1 all doctored up now and going for an mot soon, dying to get it on the road now!!

dying to cross paths on the Road  :wink: i hope im runing BP optimax that day to try hold on to the TSR

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

ross_m said

Ross
i like it , a lot
memorys memorys , my first car was a VW derby  :) chocolate brown in colour ( polo with a boot )  :lol: lets not go there

Yeah you will start a big debate :lol:

So whats the plans. Meet up at broxden again?

Back to the top

ross_m said

bazmk1 said

ross_m said

Ross
i like it , a lot

Yeah you will start a big debate :lol:

So whats the plans. Meet up at broxden again?

Hi
Yip
inverness Tesco at inshes at 7:00
then meet at broxden roundabout at 9:00
cheers

Back to the top
I might come down from Dundee but dunno if I will have my cabby working. It will be good to go to a meet not been to one yet!

Wormitcabby

Back to the top
Oh, i would love to come along to this, would be my first car meet of any kind. Hopefully will have the wheels cleaned up for it :)

Will be travelling from Helensburgh.

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club is currently closed 1982 Mars Red Tin Top 3dr GTI

Back to the top

Daveyboy said

Oh, i would love to come along to this, would be my first car meet of any kind. Hopefully will have the wheels cleaned up for it :)

Will be travelling from Helensburgh.

8) just clicked no your link , nice motor , hope you can make it

Back to the top

wormitcabby said

I might come down from Dundee but dunno if I will have my cabby working. It will be good to go to a meet not been to one yet!

Wormitcabby

yip
it should be a Good day out , i will be travelling to this event my sel , so will be yapping about mk1s all day to whoever wants to listen :lol:

Back to the top

Back to the top
I will be there as well if I am back from my hols, can't remember what day I come back, think it's either the 30th or the 31st  :dontknow:

It would be nice to meet some mk1ers and get some advice  :)

Going to volksfling in may to my first meet but I think it is mainly beetles and campers ?

Cheers chris

Back to the top
Just realised the dates and i might be in England for this :( Will look out for another event to meet up :)

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club is currently closed 1982 Mars Red Tin Top 3dr GTI

Back to the top
dying to cross paths on the Road  :wink: i hope im runing BP optimax that day to try hold on to the TSR

Oh i'm to old gettin for that capers  :lol: best insurance quote i seem to able to get is £123 for the year, ( yes i'm gettin up in years !!!) :cry:

is there anything i can do to better this quote with regards to the online form details ?  ie excess amount i'm willing to pay etc.

i know it probably sounds like i'm being tight as its a great price already, but it all helps i suppose,

if only i could afford an lpg conversion 8O

Back to the top
hi
thefox

i think you will struggle to find a better quote than that , i am paying slightly more than that , but i have seen a few posts on here recommending a company called Peter best for a competitive price.
cheers
Barry

Back to the top
Only just got the car started today. After it being sat there since August. MOT is now in order so I should 100% be attending this one. Last year was really good.

P.S. Ross your polo looks phenomenal. Clocked you driving down south street the other week. Lucky boy.

Mk1 Golf 1983 1.5 GX

Back to the top
Cheers. Its not mint, it does need work but I love it. Wheels are temporary before swapping to splits I think. Although the red wheels look better than I expected them to against the green.

Good to hear yours will be back out. What wheels are you running now. I think you sold your classics?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.