Skip navigation

my mandarin orange mk1! project low and unbelievably slow!

Back to the top

my mandarin orange mk1! project low and unbelievably slow!

Excited for this rebuild. she's gonna look great. Very much pulling up a chair for this one.

Back to the top
thanks Scoolblitz :) heres a few more pics from yesterday, not had much time to do anything today but yesterday i got the loom pretty much ready to be removed, the grille, headlights and dashboard are back out haha, looking to buy new looms as ive seen them pretty cheap! so my thinking is i may aswell re-new the two of them while i'm at it. Anyway enough chat, heres some pics!

right so heres whats happening - the engine is out of a mk2 1.3 this is going to have new… headgasket, cambelt, waterpump, valve stem seals, rocker cover gasket, spark plugs, HT leads blah blah blah basically a full head rebuild and most ancilleries including carb etc

also - as you can see from the pics, i have new braided lines :)

once the looms out i'm going to remove the steering rack and get to work on removing all the paint from the bay and the seam sealer then its getting trailored to the body shop for a lick of paint :D

opinions needed - what are the cons of removing the rain tray?

Cheers, Mike

powered by student finance......

Back to the top

off to the bodyshop!

Back to the top

cars finally back from the bodyshop!

Back to the top
What colour is that? (TT nimbus grey?) looks spot on :) if u don't mind me asking how much was It to paint the bay? Wanting mine done soon before I rebuild the engine up.

Mk5 golf tdi daily

Mk1 golf project

Corrado vr6

2.0l 8v beetle

Back to the top
nah its just a RAL colour 7011 mate it was #150 to the bay painted!

Back to the top
so the cars back! heres some pics of what ive been up to !

so i got the car back from the shop like this

then put everything back together bodywork wise!

and then i got bored so i decieded to trial fit my new bbs bmw wheels!

really made up with the fitment! deffo gonna need a slight bit of arch rolling and maybe 5mm spacers because there running pretty close to the coilovers, i may even get top mount extenders and a chassis notch depending on how it all works out!

let me know what you think guys!