Skip navigation

my mandarin orange mk1! project low and unbelievably slow!

Back to the top

my mandarin orange mk1! project low and unbelievably slow!

update - just got hold of braided hoses !

powered by student finance......

Back to the top
where would i get a set of them wheels? :P

Back to the top
Lovely car that mate. Always loved that colour and very nearly bought a mandarin driver back in the late 80's but the owner was unwilling to sell it to me ( a young lad back then !). It was a bit raggy round the rear arches and maybe there was rot elsewhere and he felt guilty taking advantage of a naive youth !

DubPartz

Back to the top
ah cheers mate, its ace ! i love it so much! its now back on the road ive done 20 miles in it! :) i'm getting the red light flashing on the temp gauge now… :/ so can anyone reccomend what to check?, the fan engages when it warms up so maybe the temp sensor? anyone shed any light?

Back to the top
Nice car pal ! A quick question .did you have any problem with the front anti roll bar with it being that low? I'm having the same trouble with my temp light flashing. Rick 

Back to the top
cheers bud :) my wishbones scrape a bit but nothing major, you have any idea what the flashing light means mate ?

Back to the top

Mikey_v-dub said

thanks for all the comments guys! the wheels are wellers mattigs 7j x 13"

das-auto - yes i did mate, do you know him?

Ive had all 3 of my mk1s from him, one 1.5 and two gtis  :lol:

I remember this when he got it, whilst he was sorting the arches, and painting it, as i nip down quite often for odd spares. He showed it me when I went down in april after a new mk1 but i was after a gti,

got to say it looks 100x better now its cleaned up  8)

Back to the top
haha yer i couldnt believe it when i went there! the amount of golfs there are crazy! hows this for weird then, it was sat at my mum and dads business on an industrial estate whilst i fixed it and some one came into the building asking whos golf it was… turns out he was the guy who darren bought it off! he's from chester so like 15mins up the road from me! such a small world lol

Back to the top
No Mate sorry ain't looked into it yet.

Back to the top

das_auto said

Mikey_v-dub said

thanks for all the comments guys! the wheels are wellers mattigs 7j x 13"

das-auto - yes i did mate, do you know him?

Ive had all 3 of my mk1s from him, one 1.5 and two gtis  :lol:

I remember this when he got it, whilst he was sorting the arches, and painting it, as i nip down quite often for odd spares. He showed it me when I went down in april after a new mk1 but i was after a gti,

got to say it looks 100x better now its cleaned up  8)

I bought my caddy from him aswell, I remember seeing an orange S1 when I picked it up!

Back to the top
did you have any problem with the front anti roll bar with it being that low

i dont think it has anti roll bars as it is not a gti.

Mikey_v-dub

it looks really good mate. i know you got a bit of stick on the edition forum for the choice of wheels but i think they look really good! good on you for not following the 'scene' opinions and doing your own thing.

personally. i'd keep all the black trim on it and leave it. i took all the black trim off of my one and swapped it for chrome (still have all the original trim) but sometimes i regret it. the black trim really suits your wheels.

cant help but love a 1980 s1 golf driver!
very good choice of car.  8)  :lol:

my temperature light was always flashing too. not sure why though. i just ignored it. but then again, most of the other dash board things didn't work either! rev counter, volt meter and speedo worked but that was it! who needs them eh? i only ran out of petrol once in 2 years without a fuel guage. if it felt light, i'd fill it up!

keep up the good work mate! we want more pics!!!

Rich

Back to the top
cheers mate! yer alot of people dont like 13's on the mk1 but i love it! anything bigger doesnt look right to me, i want to eventually get more thing in chrome for it but whilst im at uni im going to be storing it and thats it ! only driving it until sept 1st then its getting stored! im loving the car! cant believe i was going to sell it, this car is going to be with me for a good while, hopefully look into engine conversions after uni when im working.

thanks for all the comments guys :)