love , hate about your mk1. ?

Back to the top

love , hate about your mk1. ?

LOVE = The shape of the car, cant stop looking at her

HATE = The high suspension. Need to get her lowered

Banner

Back to the top

golf1980 said

I love the smell of the old interior, the sound of my exaust, the styling from every angle, the respect i get from people who know what they are on about, going round roundabouts, how good the shell is still, all the bits i have made for it, the rear lights and the driving all over the place.

I hate having to insure, tax and mot it every year because it costs loads of money that i could use on petrol and doing it up more.

I also hate how long it is taking to get back on the road since buying mk1jims old G60 engine! 3 months ish? it will be well worth the wait though.
 it is a 1.9 now jim! I'll come and visit you and Ross when its done.
if thats is ok with you?
need to run it in before I can take it out on the track/strip.
   yes looking forward to seeing it when it's done , it will be worth all the work just for the sound of the charger , come up and camp in derbyshire hills , find a decent pub n chill out

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
sounds like a good plan :).
need a campsite with out speed bumps or rutted roads though!

Back to the top

golf1980 said

sounds like a good plan :).
need a campsite with out speed bumps or rutted roads though!

yeah fat chance round here dude!

Love its looks and sound, the way I took it for a spin today and was still pulling hard as the speedo went off the clock  :lol:

Hate the bits of scabby rust bubbles seemingly multiplying by the day round the rear panel  :cry:

Back to the top
I hate the electrical faults one gets fixed then there's another  :(  I love that the MK1 repair kit is made up from a 12mm spanner, a philips screwdriver, a can of WD40 and a hammer! I love it when something suddenly works and the neighbours give me funny looks for dancing in the road (they just don't understand :D)

I love the old car smell the way she looks and the feeling you get when she's all parked up and you wanna look back to admire her. I love it when people stop you to take a photo. I love it when friends laugh at her for being old when you know its only because they want one :D

I hate that she's not out having fun in the sun but I love that next week is MOT week and I'm gonna love the look on my mechanics face when she passes!  :D

Back to the top

wooders said

Love that it has a proper roof

Don't you just love the predictably of some folk.

T :lmao:

Back to the top
As everyone else, hate the fact that its not on the road, can't afford the headlining yet so can't put the windows back in :(

I also hate the "Ongoing Project Blues" that seems to surface from time to time when the end seems so far away…

love everything else though!!

White '82  Tintop 1800 Golf GTI

Back to the top
LOVE - the fact that it gives me a big social life from meets, to arranging the AGM and club discounts etc.
Also love the fact that it's standard while all around are modifing!!!

HATE - the fact that it's STILL in the bodyshop in this glorious weather!
HATE - the rattle from the rear window
HATE - the fact that no manufactures supply new brown interior parts!!!

Back to the top
love the way she looks and how when you drive around and people stop and look. had alot of people at garden centre standing round look at her with roof down yesterday .like the friend i have make since got my mk1 taking it to the shows meeting more mk1 owner

hate the way you get riped of by garages coz it an old car thay think you have alot of money to spend like now i have a squeak on back end it start 2day after caming back from the garage

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
I love it when I'm getting parts at the scrapyard and people ask me if I'm weighing it in.

I hate to disappoint them.  :lol:

Back to the top
scrapyards are the nuts.

Back to the top
Love the fact it crosses generations, picked up daughter from school in it yesterday and got "cool car" from 7 year olds and a few parents alike.  Love the fact everything can be worked on it with just a little patience and without a degree in rocket science.

Hate rust

Back to the top
Love - the fact that it will put modern cars to shame by breaking down less (never in my ownership in fact  :mrgreen: ).
Love - the fact that even youngsters who don't even know what make/model/age the car is, pick it out as their favourite in a car park!
Love - the fact that I can do my own brake changes, oil changes, filter changes and suspension changes, with nothing more than a trolley jack and a basic tool set! I love not having to rely on a dealership or rip-off garage to do anything for me.

Hate - the fact that I have to think about where I leave it overnight (or even during the day) if I'm taking it somewhere else like on holiday - because someone might vandalise it, crash into it, break into it etc. It's the love of my life!  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.