Skip navigation

WHY WHY WHY ME

Back to the top

WHY WHY WHY ME

dek said

Lee_dub said

hot start issues? how handy are you with the spanners?

Its normally the fuel acumilator  in my experiance.
the starting problem is when go out and it get hot if time it right it will start but when it dont start i cant start it from the battery to the starter hot it will not start from key had new switch new starter  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: with a  little click click from starter its like the stareter has seized like now power getting to it  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

dek

Did you replace the solenoid on the starter motor dek.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

chortle said

dek said

Lee_dub said

hot start issues? how handy are you with the spanners?

Its normally the fuel acumilator  in my experiance.
the starting problem is when go out and it get hot if time it right it will start but when it dont start i cant start it from the battery to the starter hot it will not start from key had new switch new starter  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: with a  little click click from starter its like the stareter has seized like now power getting to it  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

dek

Did you replace the solenoid on the starter motor dek.

its a new starter motor fitted last year coz throught it was the old starter that why i had a new one !!!!!!!!!!!

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
Did you fit the starter yourself mate?
Sometimes they don't come with the solenoid attached, so if it was the garage they may have put your old solenoid back on the new starter.
Thus not curing the problem just moving it on to the new starter.
 Just a thought mate.

The problem is common on autos as the starter is close to the exhaust manifold, so the heat affects it.
Your welcome to look at mine for comparison, may give a clue.
There was a member on here who had his solenoid done or a new for £15.00.
I will link it when I get on the puter.

Back to the top
i had garage do it got  last coz of heart op could use jack as put pressure on chest  jacking up car and undoing the bolts could have done it couldnt risk it . i bought starter and got old starter block at work is having look at the old as it still works then i will swop over then have new one looked at too . you not caming to stanford hall mate ?

Back to the top
I do believe your fixed happy day's..
Cheers Jelly for the lock do da etc, enjoy the book LOL.
Good to see you today Dek fella, good drive home, pipping those classic cars and getting a wave lol.

Back to the top
happy days big smile on face now keep going out and starting it lol good to see you too chortle .pipping with that one horn nice big wave from them  put  abig thanks a forum to mate too you two for the help  today lol

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.