Skip navigation

New Mk1 Gti Owner - Build Thread

Back to the top

New Mk1 Gti Owner - Build Thread

Its a 83. Some of the mk2 gtis have the same paint code aswell. Thanks that would be helpful.

Volkswagen Mk1 Golf Gti - Tin Top 83" (Current Restoration Project)

BMW 335i M-Sport Coupe - Daily

Back to the top
so you want to go back to the original colour then? i quite like the paint work as it is, but i know eventually id have to spray it :p

\'Check Your Nuts!\'  My partner has just been through an operation and chemotherapy for Testicular Cancer and is only 29. He had no lump or pain, just became swollen… If in doubt, get to the doctor!

Back to the top
Yeah it's a very poor respray at the moment. And yeh I want it back to original which looks grey on the intact original paint in the door shuts. Will keep the ats alloys and leave it quite low though because I quite like the look!

Back to the top
I like those wheels id have them :)
I had a look at the system at work i found about a dozen codes tho i think they are all mk1 colours excluding the GTI models (i think) as mine is not on there either - though they come ready mixed :s

A1V - Sand Metallic

A2A - Orange

A38 - Gambiarot

A4V - Brombeer Metallic

A6D - Selvasgrua

A6V - Lhasa Metallic

B5A - Pargasblau

B5V - Kometenblau Metallic

B5Y - Regattablau Metallic

B6V - Papyrosgruen Metallic

D3V - Sienarot Metallic.

Hope this helps lol

\'Check Your Nuts!\'  My partner has just been through an operation and chemotherapy for Testicular Cancer and is only 29. He had no lump or pain, just became swollen… If in doubt, get to the doctor!

Back to the top
Thanks for that I'm sure it will become some use sooner the time. A good bodyshop should be able to match it from what is left of the original paint. Would you think?

Back to the top
Found this link which has got my paint code on lp9v and the black la9v.

VW Paint codes | Volkswagen Scirocco Forum

Back to the top
oh if you are having it done professionally then dont see why thye cant match it, there are some talented peeps out there :)

Back to the top
I have not been very active at all on here! Just a update though. The car is now sitting in the body shop and the engine has been fully rebuilt.

Got plenty of other things to get on with such as cleaning parts and spraying/powdercoating. Cant see it being finished this year as my funds are limited but I am in no rush.

Also is a 4-2-1 manifold worth the extra cost?

Will get some pics up asap..

Thanks

Back to the top

Back to the top
Might be the slowest project on this forum ever but I have got the car back from the body shop after almost 18 months!! I will be really pushing for it to be done for summer. Really pleased with the colour as its a bit different and pretty unique for a Mk1 as I have found out. Managed to paint the floor pan with hammerite for protection and now started cleaning the underside up.

Going down to Autohaus Dolby in Sheffield to see if they can complete the engine bay and pretty much everything mechanical. Anyone had any dealings with them?

Thanks!

A few pics;

Back to the top
Looks spot on Chris.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

smudger said

Looks spot on Chris.  :thumbs:

Cheers. Will be aiming for this summer for it to be done. Fingers crossed!

Back to the top
18 months is a long time! But worth the wait now, looks great  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Just a quick update.

I managed to remove the fuel tank and clean it out before taking it to Autohaus Dolby who have done a great job on the engine bay, fuel lines and various other bits.

Rear axle, fuel tank, rear drums removed and refurbed -

Fuel tank painted -

Engine rebuilt & cleaned-

Engine bay -

Underbody cleaned and sealed -

In its current state -

Bumpers and grilles are on order at the moment then I will start on the interior.

Currently searching for a set of bbs rs or rm splits. I know they have been done to death but they look so good!

Back to the top
love the colour mate  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Great update mate, please get this on the road for the AGM, looks like you done a lot of great work there and would be a shame to wait till next year!

Back to the top
Looking good - the engine bay looks fantastic, well the whole car does  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments.

Yes I am hoping it will be ready for the AGM.  Dashboard has gone in today but a hour trying to fit the new cigarette lighter and the bulb holder had the best of me so I gave up! Ill try again tomorrow!

Back to the top
The mk1 has some wheels  :)

I was going to rebuild them with wider lips and have them painted but they are in great condition and hopefully the colour will suit the car as it is.

Back to the top
New rear bumper fitted;

New front bumper fitted;

Dash fitted and sound proofing the interior;

I have also found out that the car was a personal import from Germany from new. That is probably why the paint code is not that well known of on a mk1. Hoping to get the birth certificate bought soon.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.