Skip navigation

1989 Clipper, finally started doing some work....

Back to the top

1989 Clipper, finally started doing some work....

Looking like your gonna do a top class job keep the updates coming :D

Back to the top
Have you removed the metal bar from behind the knee bar? If so you need that for strength!!

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

Have you removed the metal bar from behind the knee bar? If so you need that for strength!!

Nah the knee bar is back in after I had this discussion on another thread.

Shame because would have been a much easier fit without it! Cutting loads out of the dash at the back to make it fit properly.

Back to the top
Almost ready for painting;

It's a real pain in the arse not having a garage; keep having to uncover her and recover her at night. Also have to pack and unpack my tools constantly and keep a bloody good eye on where I'm putting things (or they get lost to the garden and gravel gods).
Put aside a whole day to work on my golf last week, only for it to rain all day so couldn't even take the cover off! GGRRRR!

Anyway, here's a sign of things to come;

Back to the top

Bit concerned about the green; that's going to be the colour of the car as well. Looks bright in the pictures but isn't so offensive in real life!

Also, not the clipper kit has gone, this is the look I will be going for (plus a bit of change to the stance, needs to be lowered a bit);

Back to the top
To be honest, it's a real pain getting anything done at the moment. Car is kept under a cover and all my tools is a little lockup of a shed. Have to unpack everything before I can start.

God I need a garage!!

My friend has a workshop but it's an hour away and hasn't got room at the moment. I figure if we can get it there, I'd do more work in a workshop in  one day than I would do in a month of how I'm doing things at the moment (dodging rain, trying to find hours in daylight etc etc).

Really want to get her back on the road in some form mid june. Getting married at the end of june and would love for me and my best man to turn up in the golf.

Here's hoping….

Back to the top
I rent a garage for £50 a month,theres always some going in my local add paper..do you have anything like fridayadd where you are?
if so,definatly worth a looky mate

Back to the top
Currently can't afford 50 a month! But yes, there is a buyandsell and a bazaa so will keep my eye open. I think I'm going to build a shed or a lean to at the end of the summer (project in itself!).
Or if we can get on the property market fingers crossed we can get one with a garage! Got so much stuff that needs to go in (all my surf and sports and gardening gear). So we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion

Back to the top
Now for sale sadly

Back to the top
Sad to hear this mate. How come you are selling??

Back to the top
Started working 12 days out of 14 and just don't have the time or energy to do it. I was really on a role before I took the job too and was really getting into it. :(Flip side is I may eventually have enough money to buy one already done! We'll see….x

Back to the top
I wish you luck mate.  :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.