Skip navigation

Mk1 C Formel E 1983

Back to the top

Mk1 C Formel E 1983

Just passed its M.O.T  all it wanted was a cv boot rubber ,insured now only £140 full comp then tax this week   be nice to take to SkegVegas this year

Back to the top
any ideas what it's worth now ? been offered some polished P slots with tyres or brand new G60 steels might add too

Back to the top
your son is a legend not only is he going to be driving a mk1 which is looking amazing but he is also a bmxer as well :)

Back to the top
It's looking great!

I have those steelies and they're in the same state as yours were - what did you do and use to clean them up?

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

m00 said

It's looking great!

I have those steelies and they're in the same state as yours were - what did you do and use to clean them up?

just good old wire brush ,sand paper & some alloy silver spray cans  :D

Back to the top
very nice, love the paint job and 13' steels.

Back to the top

My new car  2.8 V6 4motion :)

Back to the top
I had a 4mo but sold it to my father-in-law then bought my Mk1 - he absolutely loves it!

You can't beat the sound of a V6 and the haldex was fun too  :D

ETA: I had an indigo one too but mine was a 3 door.

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

m00 said

I had a 4mo but sold it to my father-in-law then bought my Mk1 - he absolutely loves it!

You can't beat the sound of a V6 and the haldex was fun too  :D

ETA: I had an indigo one too but mine was a 3 door.

cool   :D  yeah it been great fun in the snow last week
not bad for the price i paid  cream leather 85k 2 owners  & full service history
getting the haldex serviced friday  as should be done every 40k & looks like its not had one yet
lot more fun than my diesel zafira i sold for it  on par with previous car,  a 3.0 24V carlton GSI

Back to the top
just need a mk2 & mk3 for the full set lol
mate has a mk4 R32 & work mate has a mk5 R32  will need a photo shoot

Back to the top
My OH has an R32 but he's selling it as he's just bought a Focus RS - we won't talk about that!  :roll:

Are you a member of Volkswagen Mark IV Forum ?

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top
How is the Mk1 going

any updates

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

How is the Mk1 going

any updates

Hi brilliant to drive for a 30yr old. It's used every day & got in insured for son to learn in. Go out for a lesson most days. Wants a wash & polish sunday so will post some pics

On thing have found. When fuel gauge reads down to 1st mark after the red it misses & feels like out of fuel. Think. Gauge reading wrong or pipe in tank ducking air when low & it slashes around

Back to the top
Look forward to the pics

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Nice afternoon waxing & polishing

Back to the top
Very nice,

Nice one

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

baller said

The formul E has a higher conpression ratio engine still 1.1,different gear ratio's top gear is much higher and the dash is different i.e fuel consumption indicater front spoilers are as basic models.only the GTI had the bigger spoiler as far as I know. :D
Nope, GTI AND the formel E have deep front spoiler also should have the Black trims each side of the front screen as per the GTI, they also had a stop start function i.e. in traffic hold gear lever between 3rd and 4th and the engine is supposed to switch off, then restart when you reselect 1st! i have never seen a working example though!!

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
stop start function i.e. in traffic hold gear lever between 3rd and 4th and the engine is supposed to switch off, then restart when you reselect 1st!

I'll try that  :D

Back to the top
My wifes old polo had that, cannot remember exactly what you did with the gearstick but remember it had an on/of switch on the dash for it.

Back to the top

stevebones said

Hi brilliant to drive for a 30yr old. It's used every day & got in insured for son to learn in. Go out for a lesson most days. Wants a wash & polish sunday so will post some pics

On thing have found. When fuel gauge reads down to 1st mark after the red it misses & feels like out of fuel. Think. Gauge reading wrong or pipe in tank ducking air when low & it slashes around
could be crap in the tank, and as it get low it is pulling it through, has the filler neck been changed / checked?

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.