Skip navigation

Tech Autos & Carrelli carpets

Back to the top

Tech Autos & Carrelli carpets

Sorry for the delayed response, partly due to time out due to personal reasons that some of you know about, but also I have been knee deep in conversations with Carrelli about moulded Golf carpet sets.

Lee_dub
We can provide carpet and binding off the roll, but not cut to pattern as that would require setting up of machines that cut the whole carpet out in one go. Sorry.

Now onto some really negative stuff.

There has been a sudden change to all our plans, which I am not happy about, but I have to accept, even though I have been working with them on this car for the past 10 months. But in the end I respect their decision.

I am sorry to have to tell you and all those involved, that Carrelli carpets have decided that the only carpet that they can use is a thick Needle Punch carpet, and the only colour is Black. The samples that were sent out were the standard carpets that are hand sewn together as per the days before moulded carpets were around. The only saving grace is that the binding colour can be any colour in their range.

To get the carpet to look as good as the original, is by moulding it, like the one in the picture I sent and that can only be done with Black Needle Punch carpet. Unfortunately  these rolls of carpet need to be purchased in 10,000 meter lots for each colour, plus more moulds need to be created and that is something that Carrelli are not prepared to invest in at this time, partly as they are in the process of moving both their factories to new locations, also, they would prefer to concentrate on cars manufactured between 1950 and 1975 as that is what they are really set up for, where carpets were hand stitched and not moulded.

I have been given no clue as to whether they will reverse their decision in the future.

I am so sorry that this is where we have ended up. It has been a great disappointment to me and I suggest it will be to you.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Kind regards

Josh
Tech Autos

Back to the top
Thats a blow, I thought it went a bit quiet.

Back to the drawing board for me, extremely disappointing because I liked the shadow blue and was going to give it a go despite what the purists said.

Back to the top
It is not as simple as it seems. The bodywork, fittings and interior every thing need machine precision. I need some time to fix them properly.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

cars for lease

Back to the top
Hi graham77,

have you new news on this or a connection to the carpet industry?
This post is 20 months old.

Cheers

chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Hi Chortle and all that I have spoken too in the past.

I just received an email that said there was activity on this message, I had not realised I was still getting notifications.

Anyhow.

Since my last statement, the world is a better place.

After lots of behind the scenes work, I can now say ……

We make VW Mk1 carpets sets now in many colours.

We have shipped out hundred world wide since May with no complaint. So all is good.

Apologies for not letting you know sooner, but I thought the tread was dead.

Here are the prices.

VW Caddy, Cabriolet, Gti, 2 & 4 doors Hatch 1974-84

VW Price       Direct Price    eBay Price      
£103.68      £109.44      
£115.20   Black Carpet with Black bindings Or   Special Order
£112.68      £118.94      
£125.20   Black Carpet with Coloured bindings .Or   Special Order
£128.52      £135.66      
£142.80   Coloured Carpet with any Coloured bindings    Special Order
£32.90      £34.72      
£36.55   Underlay and Sound deadening kit   Special Order
£8.96      £9.45      
£9.95   Snap Fastener Kit 20 pieces   Usually Stocked
£6.26      £6.60      
£6.95   500ml Spray glue can (Can not be sent by Air)   Usually Stocked
£ 10.99   Shipping to Mainland   UK

Carpet Colours : Black Autumn Leaf, New Ochre, Claret Red, Antique Red, Bottle Green, Mid Grey, Navy Blue, Shadow Blue, Champagne Beige.
Binding Colours : Black Autumn Leaf, New Ochre, Donkey Dark Brown, Bright Claret Red, Dark Antique Red, Bottle Green, Mid Grey, Navy Blue, Shadow Blue, Champagne Beige, Magnolia, Cream and White.

Please email me with a postal address if you would like some samples sent out in your chosen colours.

We also make car covers for all the Mk1's too

If any of you would like to receive this in good time for Christmas, please acknowledge these last order dates for Special order items.
Our operating hours have been extended for Christmas, so it is now 12.00 Midday, to 04.00 in the morning.

Special Order Carpet sets Monday 10th December 2012 Midday
Special Order Carpet Options Monday 10th December 2012 Midday
Special Order Car Cover Friday 14th December 2012 Midday

We are open late into the night as we look after the international side too.

So feel free to call for a chat at any time after midday.

Happy Christmas to all those customers that have supported us over the past Year to all those that know us. We appreciate your support.

Kind regards

Josh

02081 443355
07759 669 001
Skype Phone:- techautosuk
sales TechAutos .co.uk
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Tech-Autos-UK
Hours of business 12.00 to 04.00 GMT / BST

Back to the top
Thanks for the update Josh.

Cheers

Chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Josh,

Nice to hear that you have been able to get some carpet for the 5 door hatch in others colours than black, which is where I left the thread.

Since then I purchased carpet from an ebay supplier in shadow blue.

Despite being supplied for a 5 door it quite clearly did not have enough carpet to cover the area around the back seat. I mamaged to get extra carpet from the supplier to cover it .

For info, the side trips are thinner material than the main floor to allow an element of moulding to the shape.

You can see the shortfall in my thread round about page 10.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.