Skip navigation

Tech Autos & Carrelli carpets

Back to the top

Tech Autos & Carrelli carpets

Anyone bought one of their carpet kits?Its not like the newton version,its in about 7 pieces?Got a few samples through the door and quality looks really good,just want to see if the fits well?

Back to the top
There I was just about to ask the same questions, I have opened a dialogue with them and they are very keen to do some business with Mk1 owners.

I have been sent some photos of a 2 door GTI carpet, however, I am interested in getting a carpet for a 5 door car in blue rather than the standard black.

It is clear that the carpet is supplied in pieces rather than the front and rear sections. It might not suit the purists, however, I do not think that would be an issue if your carpet fits well.

Also current suppliers do not supply carpets for anything other than a 2 door car. So I am quite interested.

Anybody else got any feedback?.

Back to the top
Yeah they're the pics I got and I kno what u mean about the guy bein keen haha.THers another company on eBay doing the exact same carpet but it's not by carrelli.I think I'm going to get a carpet from tech autos,I just need to decide what colour.

Back to the top
Tech Auto's carpets are supplied by Carrelli

Back to the top
As with any supplier, investigating new markets is important to stay in business, I say the more the merrier for the Mk1, it keep prices down and competitive for us.

Like you, I have asked for some samples from Techautos.

Back to the top
it really needs to be in just 2 pieces tbh, its going to look gash like that

Back to the top
I can see the purists only wanting 2 pieces.

Unfortunately, there is not a supplier out there that can supply a new carpet for the 5 door car. So I am interested to see what's on offer.

There was some chat on this site about Newton supplying carpet for the 5 door some time ago. That doesn't have seemed to materialised.

Just to clarify, my original VW carpet is in four pieces, the two main parts and two little bits covering the forward lower door posts. Another 3 parts might not matter.

Back to the top
I'll be brutally honest when I say the carpet looks very thin?

Back to the top
The same comment has also been made on this website about the Newton carpets. To be fair, I have not seen them.

I can only compare the samples with my original carpet when they arrive.

Again, my issue, what is the solution for 5 door carpets?

Back to the top
Hi all.

I am Josh from Tech Autos, the supplier of the above pictured carpet set.

I have been invited to join this thread by one of your members.

If anyone needs my help or any questions answered, then please feel free to ask.

I may need to go to the factory for your answer, if I am unable to answer it there and then.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Josh

Back to the top
Hi Josh,hope you don't mind me opening this thread,was just looking for some feedback on the fitment.Really happy with the carpet quality and colours though!Actually I'm sorry, think I forgot to tell you I got the samples!They arrived yesterday,I'm just trying to figure out my colour scheme,I may go red now!?:/
Too much money, too little time haha

Back to the top

Back to the top
I just worry about the inner sill bit being seperate, would look messy I think and as said they look a bit thin.

If someone could get a original 5 door carpet set to him maybe it could be copied?

Back to the top
Hi All

CarnieMK1
No worries on all accounts. Your helping others, so not a problem.

Malcolm
I am miffed that you have not received them yet.
Newton use a different carpet than Carrelli.
Yes we do make a 5 door kit, but it would be great if some one could send Carrelli a carpet set.
Can we have a picture or ten of your four pieces?

Dom123
Send me your address and a colour choices and I'll whiz you off some samples. You can see for yourself the construction, quality and thickness.

Cero
Yes you are correct, feel free to go direct, but they would rather the sales side (me) deal with multiple enquiries, i.e. bulk buy. That way they can concentrate on manufacturing of orders.

Lee_dum
The cost of creating a set of moulds to create a one/two piece kit, is in the 10's of thousands, if sales of the 'Old school way' of creating carpets was good, then they may consider the expense. Also the R&D of a car to create a carpet set, takes months an many man hours, this takes them away from manufacturing.
Also, I have sent request for pictures, to all those that have already purchased a carpet sets from us.

I consider the owner to be a very good friend of mine and have a good standing with him. To that end I have posed a series of questions and also sent him the link to monitor this discussion. I doubt he will join in, so please field any questions through me, I can answer the majority of them and what I can't I'll ask him for you.

Here is what Carrelli do so far.
Mk1 GTi
Mk1 3 Door
Mk1 5 Door
Mk1 Caddy
Mk1 Cabrio. Made from a different carpet and in the final stages of R&D.

Have I missed anything, if I have let me know and I'll chat to Carrelli.

Josh

Back to the top

TechAutos said

Lee_dum

hope thats a typo!

Fair enough on the carpet side, im interested to see them fitted mate.  Out of interest can you supply the pieces individually?

Back to the top
Oh My Oh My

Yes it was I am so so sorry, I really am.

Could I have made a worse spelling mistake?? I think not…..

One of those words that spell checker doesn't work on.

I do have a reasonable excuse though.

I suffer from carpel tunnel syndrome in both hands (right one is worse) and have to wear hand straps most of the time, flipping annoying when using a mouse and typing.
It got worse when I had to spend 3 weeks welding up the bottom of my rusty old Range Rover Classic.

Lee_dub, All I can do is ask for your forgiveness.

To answer your question.
I am not sure, but knowing how the factory operates, it is all down to the cutting process and that I beleive is done by a programmed machine for consistent accuracy. I'll will ask though for you, but why do you ask?

Josh

Back to the top
Josh, I only ordered samples on Thursday, I may have received them yesterday, however I am away for the weekend at the moment.

I will try and organise some photos for you.

Back to the top
OK, back now, some photos of my existing carpet. The carpet has been previously cleaned with a carpet shampoo machine when off the car.

It looks good in a couple of photos. Pretty blue, until you take photos from another angles, which show the carpet very much faded / bleached and still dirt engrained in places.

Unfortunately, I cannot locate the two small front pieces . I do not know where they are at the moment, but the are very similar to the ones on page one of this topic.

Hope this helps.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Haha! No offence taken dude don't worry!

Just I need a few peices of carpet and wondered if I could order a few peices seperate!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.