Skip navigation

Excited about new wheels

Back to the top

Excited about new wheels

Hi, I'm really excited because tomorrow i can finally replace the rediculous wheels my golf gx came with to some tasty mirror polished pirelli p types i bought recently.  Sadly i cant quite afford to original centre caps but it came with the plain black caps and to try and make them more similar to the official caps i have put Pirelli stickers on in white and clear plastic sprayed them on.  Below is the current wheel situation and the new shinys going on, what you think?

Back to the top
Defnitely a better choice mate! And how shiny is your car?!!?

Back to the top
Never read this properly, i thought you liked the ones fitted and i didnt like to say anything.

Back to the top
Drakey, thats nothing you should of seen her in the flesh.  My mates a car valet, does all the porche show rooms etc.. and the day i got her he came over and gave her a quick once over.  Shes going into the body shop soon to get some touch up work done, he's going to wax her fully after that and she will be super shiny.  Glad you like the wheels

Back to the top

abfmk1 said

Never read this properly, i thought you liked the ones fitted and i didnt like to say anything.

Cant stand the previous ones

Back to the top
I don't think mine will ever be that shiny!!
Why does everyone know someone handy but me…??

Get some pics up with the new rims on them!

Back to the top
I will do tomorrow bud, she's visiting the tyre store to get set up and balanced.  Trust me any car can be that shiny, before we washed the golf it had lived in a open shed for over a year and was disgustingly dull and filthy, i had to buy wet wipes to clean the windows before driving her home because the wipers weren't strong enough to deal with the dirt.  Amazing what a jet wash, polish and buff will do.

Back to the top
You clearly haven't seen my car!! Been parked outside for about 10 years with plants growing through it. Can't wait to see it looking good on the new shoes :)

Back to the top
Pic?

Back to the top
def a better choice of wheels, what the hell are those others, they look awful on the car and dont suit at all

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
they are 17" TSW's, as wheels they are ok but just do not suit and they don't fit the arches well either, cant have people in the back without the wheels rubbing so bring on the 14's

Back to the top
the p's will suit it much better

Back to the top
Heres a link to her: http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=90126&highlight=

Will she ever be shiny again?! Thats the big question!!  :dontknow:

Back to the top

fitted

So i went to the tyre shop today and got the p's fitted, also it was so nice out i decided to wash the golf and get some lush  sunset pics, take a look!!

Back to the top
mmmm southbourne clifftops.. !!!

another bournemouth mk1 owner!!
looks sooooo much better dude with the P's on, good skills

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
can you make you signiture picture smaller please Matt

:)

Banner

Back to the top
All shrunk down Jelly, Didnt realise it had uploaded that big originally, Hello as well btw.

Back to the top

richievr said

mmmm southbourne clifftops.. !!!

another bournemouth mk1 owner!!
looks sooooo much better dude with the P's on, good skills

Good spot with the location, yeah got down there just as the sun was setting to get some nice pics done.  I totally agree with you she looks 100x better with the new wheels on and the ride height is much better too, just got to get the body work tidied up now and some nice bumpers and she is almost ready for the summer!

Back to the top
bodywork looks pretty tidy dude to me!!

i hope you have joined up on www.tidyvag.co.uk as it is our local area vw club too!!!  
plenty mk1 nutters on there, always mini meet ups going on and convoys to shows etc….

failing that, after the end of next week come into mike stokes in winton and say hi!! i work in there..

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Sound stuff richie, the photos make her look better then close up but its only a case of a few dents and a bit of paint fixing, hoping to get some nice chrome bumpers on her too, the current plastic ones are both damaged and dull.  I'll sign up now on tidyvag and i'll definatly have to pop in and say hi seeing as i only live in redhill anyway.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.