Skip navigation

My Mk1 GTD van

Back to the top

My Mk1 GTD van

Hi ppl im from South Africa and i need to put panels for the doors, does anybody have pics and measurements for the panels and where to place the clips (MK1 GT 2Door)
im almost done will post pics as soon as im done i have been working on it for the past 6 months.
please if u can help me in any way it would be highly appreciated. U can forward pics and info to ten111gp@gmail.com

Back to the top
This looks sweet Noush, those wheels are spot on.  8) Only thing I'm not 100% on is the wind deflectors on the A posts.  :dontknow:

Great transformation though! I need to pull my finger out.

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Nice one! :)

I got a steering wheel, GTD original for sale, pm if you're interested.

/// Peter

It looks like this.

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
I like that a lot. I could buy just the middle bit with the turbo diesel bit on as its the same as my wheel to save on postage. How much posted to Uk.
Cheers

Back to the top

GavB95 said

This looks sweet Noush, those wheels are spot on.  8) Only thing I'm not 100% on is the wind deflectors on the A posts.  :dontknow:

Great transformation though! I need to pull my finger out.

I wasn't 100% sure on them but they are great for daily driving with the window open plus they clip in and out in seconds.

Back to the top
They sure do, it looks spot on either way, I just remember popping them off my old white GTI and it looked nice without them.

That steering wheel horn push would be a really nice touch!  :D

How does it drive with the GTD? I found a MK2 GTD near me that's just sat rotting.  If only I could find a cheap caddy but I reckon there's more chance of winning the lottery these days.  :lol:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Had lots of Gti's series 1 and 2 and to be honest the Gtd lump seems just as quick to 70 and much more torquey. Up to 50mpg is nice as its my daily and i do about 1000 miles a month in it. The Gtd engine is also very tuneable. Apparently it can be upped to in excess of 120 bhp with very little mods. Guess what my next job is? Lol. Know what you mean about Caddys. Was Looking for one when I found my van but glad I got van instead as didn't appreciate how uncommon they were and it gets lots of attention. Just put the proper aluminium centre caps on wheels which look nicer.

Back to the top
Now with correct alloy centre caps

Back to the top
I'm pm:d you about the steering wheel/horn piece.

Is there anything else especially from the mk1 gtd your missing? Cause there is one on the local junkyard, it's got mint interior in light brown/beige for example.

/// Peter

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
Cheers MrPete that would be great if you could PM me with price. I think I have most things now. Would like diesel clocks with a rev counter(tachometer) but not sure if they did one. Van was originally a 1.6D but had a GTD engine fitted. Don't think they ever made a van GTD

Back to the top
Allright, the horn piece will be posted today, you should have it someday next week.

All I know about the instruments in that perticular gtd is that there is a turbo charge gauge instead of the original. I'll have a look when I get by there next time.

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top

Back to the top

"MrPete" said

Allright, the horn piece will be posted today, you should have it someday next week.
Hi have not had a pm with a price from you yet for the turbo diesel  steering wheel, has someone else had it? ':?'
Cheers

Back to the top
van now has back seat,rear speakers,amp and sub. Just the new headlining and a parcel shelf left to do now.

Back to the top

"noush" said

"MrPete" said

Hi have not had a pm with a price from you yet for the turbo diesel  steering wheel, has someone else had it? ':?'
Cheers

Shit! I'm really terribly sorry.. I got pm:d about the steering wheel, and I just assumed is was you.. Now that I looked in my inbox.. I realized that it was another person…  8O

I feel used! well.. someone else must have read your thread and wanted that horn piece badly..

Again, I'm really sorry mate.. /// Peter

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
I'm surprisingly miffed at how rude that is. Oh well obviously wasn't meant to be I'm sure another one will turn up.

Back to the top

noush said

I'm surprisingly miffed at how rude that is. Oh well obviously wasn't meant to be I'm sure another one will turn up.

Was absolutely not my intention.. Thing is he's allready paid for the part, otherwise I'd tell him I've promised it to you.. I feel really bad for this and I hope you find another one soon. Will keep my eyes open.

/// Peter

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
Sorry MrPete didn't mean to imply it was your fault at all. Just annoyed that people can be so sneaky. If you do ever come across another one let me know. They just never had them here.
Thanks

Back to the top
It's allright, I could have been more observant and I feel a little stupid because I posted in your thread along with a photo because I liked your project and wasn't going to use the button myself. Now another guy got it, which mean I got it sold.. but didn't offer it for the money really, it's not THAT rare.

Well, I will of course keep my eyes open and let you know if I come across another one.. would be a nice touch to your car.

Regards /// Peter

Rides:
Golf mk1 Gti -83

Back to the top
This is nice mate
Where did you spray it???

Any more updates

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.