Skip navigation

My Mk1 GTD van

Back to the top

My Mk1 GTD van

Bought a mk1 van of Richard at Crazyquiff which is GTD converted.It was used as builders van and took a hell of a lot of cleaning up anyway the underside is very good and its had a new rear panel. Since i bought on Tuesday last week I have stripped out what was left of the shabby interior and replaced it all with a good Grey stripe GTI interior from donor car I bought on Friday. (donor car now for sale on here. Mk1 GTI 16v with coilies) Anyway van is having a rapid transformation to be my daily as of tomorrow. I painted some graphics on it for my private work but its only temporary as it going to have a full respray very soon in Alpine white. Love being back in a mk 1 after selling my last series 2 GTI about 18mths ago. GTD engine is surprisingly nippy :D

Back to the top
Pics please!!!!!

Back to the top
A purchased. Solid and straight in all the right places and one off the best mk1's i have driven. (had a few to)

Interior was a proper horror show. Should have photographed it but couldn't bring myself to.
Will post some new pics tomorrow.
Now has 2 new doors,new tailgate, new interior including full gti carpet,strut braces, wiring sorted,gti mirrors. Need some retro wheels,stereo and paint and its sorted

Back to the top
cool project

Back to the top
Nice van, the reg is not far off allana13's & his used to be a van too :)

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
im glad to see it went to someone thats going to finish it off

there has been a lot of work gone into this already  8)

me: www.facebook.com/mkoneman
work: www.facebook.com/obdworks
club: www.facebook.com/dubcluboxford
instagram: mkoneman

Back to the top

Back to the top
Some pics after a weekends work and a very useful donor that provided doors,tailgate and an excellent condition interior. Messed about signwriting which I painted on and wet and dried to age. Not sure on font though and will choose one to do again after the car is repainted.

And at last an interior worth a photograph.

Back to the top

Back to the top
got mint rear seat and all rear trim to and it would be useful to be able to stick kids in when needed but loathed to get rid of van floor and original plain black van trim panels. Suppose kids could use metal sides for magnetic letters and fridge magnets.

Back to the top
hope mine will look like yours soon foxy. Is your Alpine white? Mone probably will be but I do like the new white on current GTI's

Back to the top

Back to the top
Boot floor has a plywood base with a hinged flap for spare wheel and a heavy duty rubber covering shaped around arches.

The rear panels are flat hardboard covered in black vinyl with standard vw black push in fittings. sorry about quality but iphone is poo in poor light.

Looking forward to re-painting all metal work inside van,my next job

Back to the top
been making a little prodgress with  golf van this week. Drove to a mates place in Yorkshire on Tuesday, stripped it,prepped it and 9 coats of 2k Alpine white later its looking far more presentable. Very chuffed with results

stripping back previous filler and primer

stone chipped,prepped and masked

all one colour again

going back together

Ta Dah! Friday morning ready for drive back from Yorkshire.

Now to find out the name of the vintage black alloys i want. Any wheel databases around?

Back to the top
Looks well, great project, good luck with it  :D

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
mmmm that looks fresh....nice.

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top
looks well with the fresh paint

Back to the top
Added a set of 15" magnesium Le Castellets today. Have to say I'm rather smitten by them. Aand they were cheap to. Bonus

Back to the top
wow that looks great and really clean looking :), I've always liked vw vans not too many of them around - great work. Le Castellets just can't go wrong with them.

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Looks really good wheels suit it

vw a way of life
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.