Skip navigation

My 1993 Mk1 L Reg Sportline!

Back to the top

My 1993 Mk1 L Reg Sportline!

Matt

It looks stunning mate, absolutely gleaming  :notworthy:

IMO it would look great with clear indicators and red and clear rears and a normal fuel cap  :dontknow:  :wink:

Your bay is minted, mine isnt far from yours but my alternator, gearbox, block etc are all dull grey and I would love them to be painted like yours  :banghead:

Hope I get to see it sometime as the black paint looks immaculate

Chris

Back to the top
hey chris done the whole light thing like the standard ones now! trying to put most things back to standard!
I like the petrol cap and it cost me quite a bit lol its a hella one!

Back to the top

matcupra said

hey chris done the whole light thing like the standard ones now! trying to put most things back to standard!
I like the petrol cap and it cost me quite a bit lol its a hella one!

I just never like orange indicators on any car going back to the days when I could never afford to change them.

It certainly is a hellava nice petrol cap but goes against the black IMO but I will let you off as your taller than me  :lol:

Car is looking sweet though and you must be delighted with how it looks  :D

Back to the top
yeah getting it to how I want it just a few more bits on the list to do as always! only put the splits on for insurance pics its back on its sportline wheels tucked away in the garage with its cover over it!lol

Back to the top
That engine bay looks fantastic. How the hell did you get the alloy so perfect, like the inlet manifold, or is it all new? Just spend ages cleaning mine during engine changed but nothing like yours.

Back to the top

EdCabrio84 said

That engine bay looks fantastic. How the hell did you get the alloy so perfect, like the inlet manifold, or is it all new? Just spend ages cleaning mine during engine changed but nothing like yours.

Thanks took a lot of time and effort to get it to that! The gearbox was the only silver thing i painted! the inlet manifold was always pretty clean since I've owned it!

Back to the top
Could have cleaned it dude. . :-)

Lols, jokes. Looks sweet as always mat.

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
cheers rich was only a quick detail wipe down! still need to get the exhaust adjusted but won't be to spring time when it comes back out! lol

Back to the top

matcupra said

cheers rich was only a quick detail wipe down! still need to get the exhaust adjusted but won't be to spring time when it comes back out! lol

Mines the same, I've a double garage so bring yours up and they can hibernate together  :wink:

Back to the top
Been doing some work on the golf recently here's some pics!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Love this car,i want it lol.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Wow!!!

Back to the top
Stunning pics. Car is really looking great. Love that engine bay and wheels are amazing. Are you heading to the agm in uttoxeter?

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
cheers for the kind comments guys! want to give it a good detail next weekend! and still got a few more bits coming like refurbed wiper arms and karmann badges!!
Not sure about the AGM would love to go but its a hell of a trek!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Would love to see this in the flesh.

I travelling some 500 miles just to be there. Wouldn't miss it… Could have a mini Sportline meet as I make it about 7/8 sportlines could be in attendance. Maybe even more…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
matt this is amazing! just gets better and better, if you ever have to part with it can i have first refusal ;-)

The AGM is a bit of a drive mate, but its so worth it, even just for the drive out on the sat! untill you have been on a drive with 90 other mk1's you cant really decribe it lol

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I'm really considering coming to AGM depends who else is going from my area!
Things I've done recently are painted calipers satin gold and carriers and repainted drums black and disc edges and centres. Adjusted the suspension, got a GTI grill badge currently sorting out some karmann ones. Put on a original dipstick and oil filler cap! also original door pins.
Got new genuine BBS carbon centre caps.
Also got some of that gtechniq c4 trim restorer and been doing all trim in that.
Had the rear hood cable adjusted and the exhausted sorted so it no longer vibrates on the heat shield.
Got to fully detail it as mentioned above and do all the interior trim with that c4 and fit my new wiper arms and karmann badges!

There are too many online users to list.