Skip navigation

My 1993 Mk1 L Reg Sportline!

Back to the top

My 1993 Mk1 L Reg Sportline!

I hope they are I went for the most expensive versions as well they are supposed to be rated better than h & r coilies! and a friend recently got a set and he was mightly impressed.
I can't wait to get my current coilies off I'm running supersport ones and they're far to hard, where on my seat ibiza I run koni's and the difference is unbelievable!
I run a full stainless exhaust gives a nice cheeky raspy sound, but not too loud defo worth doing!
wheels sound cool when you swapping?

Back to the top
Hopefully get the wheels for Friday? Then got a classic car show on Sunday this week and next week but poss keep it in the black ones for them but might swap them for the 2nd show  :dontknow:

I will get a standard looking exhaust with a mid sport rasp I think and then need to chill as might loose my job before Xmas  :cry: but if not want to change out brake servo and linkage for refurbing as they look terrible.

Then stereo

Then alarm

Then roof

When does it finish………….;-)

Back to the top
yep never ends i thought I'd finished a long time ago I have completely done my brakes 9" servo 22mm master cylinder, new calipers goodridge braided hoses, mintex extreme pads, brembo groove max discs, new drums shoes and audi a2 slave cylinders(anti seize) well worthy upgrade.
Also done my stereo and alarm a while back and roof!
what I love about my stereo sounds amazing but can't tell the difference apart from the old skool high end alpine headunit!

Back to the top
That suspension setup is meant to be good stuff.

Ride quality is still going to be awefull due to there being hardly and travel on the springs.

Back to the top
Might just tart up servo etc and done discs pads shoes and goodridge hoses.

No idea what to do stereo wise as always got the kids in it so just need better rear speakers and half decent iPod head unit and new alarm eventually as mine is old and only 1 fob which is dodgy but car in garage all time so don't really need it for actual security??

Roof will be dear so needs to be later as well as securing front carpets.

I will need to remortgage  :lol:

Back to the top
Not all coilovers provide horrendous ride quality my konigsport on my ibiza cupra actually improved the ride quality! if you read the spec on them the spring height is never altered its the lower part of the leg that adjusts! and I went for the street version which is 20% harder than standard which I think is not too much! but then again I prefer a harder ride anyways!
cheap coilovers are never the way to go! but I bought my original ones when I was a student!

Back to the top
I supose it depends on how you like your ride quality I supose.

Back to the top
Sorry guys but no pics, But this weekend I have fitted brand new kw coilovers big issue with the low tecs so they went back. new wishbones, ball joints, new powerflex wishbone bushes, front eibach anti roll bar and new bushes and genuine brackets.
just having issues fitting the bloody rear one!!
anyone got any tips?

Back to the top
Use a garage   :lol:

Shughy done his h+r ones recently give him a shout?

What was wrong with your coilies as they looked cracking?

Got my stainless exhaust, service and refurbed servo done this week all good just £500 lighter :|

Back to the top
hey mat you've got a cracking looking machine there mate. really nice look. are your rear lights for sale may i ask?

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Got my stainless exhaust, service and refurbed servo done this week all good just £500 lighter :|

Yeah might give him a shout I bought some new stainless bands for the beam from crazyquiffs but i can't get them round the bush and bar for love nor money!
Well the low tecs had loads of issues but not going to slag them off as the guy was very helpful in getting a speedy refund to me! But the KW varient one stainless are a very good alternative!
Tell me about I've spent a bloody fortune on mine to recently! over a £1000 I would say!

Back to the top

Ganch said

hey mat you've got a cracking looking machine there mate. really nice look. are your rear lights for sale may i ask?

cheers buddy, Unfortunitely the all red rear lights sold really quickly!

Back to the top

matcupra said

Massbad69 said

Yeah might give him a shout I bought some new stainless bands for the beam from crazyquiffs but i can't get them round the bush and bar for love nor money!
Well the low tecs had loads of issues but not going to slag them off as the guy was very helpful in getting a speedy refund to me! But the KW varient one stainless are a very good alternative!

I'm sure I remember shuggy saying his h+r rear ARB was a bigger diameter so he might have had the same issue as you !
Tell me about I've spent a bloody fortune on mine to recently! over a £1000 I would say!

Back to the top
Few new pics just to show a few updates!

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
i hope my sportline turns out to be half as good as your's mate top work!

Back to the top
thanks mike I'm sure yours will be much better!

Back to the top

matcupra said

thanks mike I'm sure yours will be much better!
It was your car that inspired me to start mine.would like to see your's and mine at a show one day if i ever finish it lol.

Back to the top
Wow that looks stunning mate 8)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.