Skip navigation

My 1993 Mk1 L Reg Sportline!

Back to the top

My 1993 Mk1 L Reg Sportline!

Wheels look 'class' great job done!

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
pics of on the car!

Back to the top

Back to the top
one word "Stunning"

1990 Clipper

1991 GTI Sportline

Back to the top
what is the tyre sizes?

96' CITI Golf
92' US Collectors Edition
91' Caddy G60
82' GTi 16v
82' US GTi
82' JETTA
78' 1.5 GL

Back to the top
Mate your wheels look totally ace, I just had my ra's done but even though they are brilliant and the same as the originals yours just take it one step further.

Clear lights all round would finish it off IMO

Looks the biz

Chris

Back to the top
cheers for kind comments guys, the splits will go back on just going to rock these for a little bit! tyres on the sportline rims are 165/50/15 bridgestones!

Back to the top
Matcupra

Just a quick question, where did you get those top mount covers?

Back to the top
they came from trimsport many years ago! not sure if you can still get them!

Back to the top
And I know its a thread from the past but I see you selling your rear lights and had to have a look for your build thread lol, any updates?  What happend to those sexy wheels!?!?!

Back to the top
no real updates as such got a few things I want to do to it like original badges and rear lights, end of the summer i'm going to get some high end coilovers probably kw's new wishbones and a uprated front anti-roll bar!
as for the splits they will be going back on the car shortly! just kind of digging my refurbed sportline rims at the moment!

Back to the top
got a few updates coming when i get round to taking some pics! new original badges had all the gearbox linkage bushes replaced! and in a few weeks new high end coilovers, new wishbones, topmounts and a new beefier front anti roll bar!! and further engine bay tidying!

Back to the top
Mat

Did u do your gear linkage yourself, if you did was it easy and if you got a garage to do it how much did they charge ??

Get some pics up too  :wink:

Chris

Back to the top
I was lazy on this I got a guy called alan white (used to own autotechnik was big in the vw world) to do it and give it a bit of a tune up he replaced every bush and set up the linkage I paid £120 for everything and he was there at my home for 4.5 hours but it is fairly easy depending on how high you get ur golf up in the air. mine is fairly difficult as it is low!

Back to the top
Your spot on, I just dont know if I trust the garage that I use would do all the wee bits right or throw a couple away  :dontknow:

Had the kit for months need to get round to it soon though  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
mine does feel loads better i'd had have a go then at replacing a few of them first yourself! there was a guide somewhere on here! I really should of done mine but I just couldn't be bothered and got a lot on at work!

Back to the top
spent some money today! new expensive coilovers, wishbones, and topmounts all ordered and coming soon! just deciding on anti roll bars!

Back to the top
Bout time for some pics of that luvely car me boy!!

Shughy got new ARB's for his Sportline give him a shout about how good they are, i just want my ones powdercoated!

What coilies dis you get ?

Back to the top
Will get some pics going but got quite a few new parts to go on!
I was thinking of either H & R , Weitec or eibach anti roll bars!
The coilies I got are a new brand to the uk but are big in germany and in the rest of europe and the states, the brand is Low-tec got amazing reviews and the ride quality is supposed to be awesome! http://www.lowtec.eu/

Back to the top
They look gorgeous mate, totally the bees knees !!
H+R is what Shughy got and he said they are great!

As I have only had mine for exactly a year I couldn't have spent any more but long term I think I will change over the items I have already changed, if that makes sense?

Like your coilovers, mine came on FK coilovers that I took off then replaced with standard now changed to JOM susp kit and delighted with it but long term will poss change to top quality coilovers set up right!!

Just booked my car in to longlife to get full stainless exhaust fitted in October and also bought the newly refurbed WHITE Bbs ra's that were on the forum this week for swappers with my blackies! Saw White wheels on StuFindlays red sportline and liked them so thought the ones I got were worth the money ??

Get photos up when all your bits are fitted
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.